Re: Mission 1 - Home Sweet Haunted Home

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#21 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta hasn't had a chance to read any reports on yesterday's mission ("If the boys have even written them, yet."), but she knows from the news that the ghost was haunting the coffeeshop. Maybe...

"Julia! Do we have any coffee left?" Etta hurries over to the provisions Julia had brought in this morning, snatching up any coffee cups she can find.

Assuming she can find any, she heads to the top of the stairs and yells, "Coffee break, babies! Piping hot java from the finest roasted beans! Mmm-mmm good!"
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by Taaz »

Great thinking Etta, this guy loves a jolt of java. Jason shouts and begins flanking around, putting his back to the containment system he comes up next to Lionel. Let him thru to the coffee, then we can try to get clean shots.

Jason keeps his wand trained on the ghost and crosses his fingers it will go for the bait.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#23 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Seeing a can of spray paint come flying out the doorway at him, Lionel instinctively leans to the right, feeling the wind from the can as it passes less than an inch from his ear. As he does so, he squeezes the trigger gently, almost enough to fire-up the proton beam at the ghost, but not quite.
Dodge: [6d6] = 21; Ghost Die: [1d6] = 6
Moves: [3d6] = 13; Ghost Die: [1d6] = 1

I had rolled to start shooting at the ghost, but then was informed Taaz had posted before I could. Since Jason is ahead of Lionel in the initiative order, Lionel will listen to the trick play strategy and hold off on firing. Because I rolled, if you want to make me use the result I will change his action to firing despite Jason's suggestion.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote: Moves: [3d6] = 13; Ghost Die: [1d6] = 1

I had rolled to start shooting at the ghost, but then was informed Taaz had posted before I could. Since Jason is ahead of Lionel in the initiative order, Lionel will listen to the trick play strategy and hold off on firing. Because I rolled, if you want to make me use the result I will change his action to firing despite Jason's suggestion.
I think your reasoning makes sense. We will ignore the fire weapon roll and go with the dodge. Both of you give me a round idea of where abouts in the room you are after your move and maybe we will have another post up by tomorrow evening.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy if he has a clear shot will try to take it from his belly.

Moves: [1d6] = 3 G:[1d6] = 4
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Taaz »

Bluehorse wrote:Both of you give me a round idea of where abouts in the room you are after your move and maybe we will have another post up by tomorrow evening.
I thinik this shows how i want to move, over to the area near Lionel but facing away from the containment unit.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (412.47 KiB) Viewed 366 times
Scott308

#27 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel moves so the center of the containment unit is at his back.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Roamingvapor
Strider
Strider

#28 Post by Roamingvapor »

Mac looks down and sees something metal and most certainly pack related bonce past his boots. Looks like the factory gear needs to be added to the mental list of things that aren't built to "Mac Spec".

"Damnit," he thinks to himself. "I'm pretty sure firing up a damaged nuclear accelerator, in a basement, next to a high power laser confinement grid is right near the TOP of the list of shitty ideas to have. At least I still have the trap I grabbed! Is that lady yelling for coffee? The ghost seems to have noticed too!

Tired as he is, the adrenaline is pumping and he's caught on to the idea.

"Give the word, I'll pop the box!", he yelled.

Mac moves left toward what looks like a bathroom, crouches down, trap in hand, ready to throw.
I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can pull it off.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Home Sweet Haunted Home
Round 3.5
Aug. 9, 2018, 8:3 2 am
The Basement, Dank and Musty.

Okay, for the sake of narrative, this post will be a little out of order, but the initiative (reaction times) will remain the same once specific actions that rely on that happens. I am calling this round 3.5 since we are caught in that in-between space before everything happens with rolls. Those of you with a Fire Weapon specialty, make sure to remember your 5d6 you can roll in addition to your moves! Roy, I am looking at you! See notes below! :)

Jason & Lionel take up positions at the south wall, making sure to put their backs to the Containment Grid to avoid any catastrophic accidents. They are able to turn in time to make ready for their shot at the ghost as it exits the Utility Room door.

Jason, you get the +5d6 to your moves for fire weapon! Here is your time to shine! Both of you will need to make an Easy Roll since this is going to be close range, so, on one hand, you only need to make a 10, which should be easy, especially for Jason. I just hope none of you get a ghost and miss to hit your new teammate, Mac >:)

Etta Calls down with the promise of coffee and hears this: Old R ed Urrrrrrrrrrofffeee? URRROOFFEEEEEE!!! and the ghost comes flying out of the Utility room!
Slammer.jpg
Slammer.jpg (18.81 KiB) Viewed 346 times
Roy is in optimal position from his sniper spot at the base of the stairs and lets the ghost have it as soon as he is out of the Utility room, blasting him in the face right in front of his teammates!!!

So since you have the specialty for Fire Weapon you would get the +5d6 to fire, since you are in an optimal shooting position, looking straight on at the ghost as it comes out and steady, it would be an easy shot, point and click. Since you already rolled a total of 7 and even rolling all 1's on your other dice would give you more than 10, I honored this by letting you have the shot. In short, Roy is a Baddass right now.

Mac Has the trap ready and sees the ghost is already getting blasted by one of the three other teammates!

Moderate Moves to get the trap in position! Break 20 and you got it!

Jake Forget this!!! He drops the pack and the pieces and runs in the opposite direction of the onrushing ghost, finding a place to hide.
GM Rolls Dice: Broken pack and a rushing ghost?! Too much! He loses his cool. Keep your Cool! Mod: (20) [1d6] = 3 G: [1d6] =4
Julia Nowhere to be found! No answer!

Initiative Order:
Jason - Ready to go!
Lionel - Ready to go!
Roy - Ooof! Army Man! Blast him!
Etta - Coffee, anyone?
Mac - Ready with the Trap!
Jake - NPCed Broken Proton Pack. Freaking out! (Lost his cool: Scared)
Ghost - COFFEE!!! (Must be an ex English Teacher)
Julia - Out of play for the time being. (Lost her cool: Scared)

Locations:

1st Floor:
HSHH-Mission1-1f3.5.jpg
HSHH-Mission1-1f3.5.jpg (130.3 KiB) Viewed 346 times
Basement:
HSHH-Mission1-b3.5.jpg
HSHH-Mission1-b3.5.jpg (94.85 KiB) Viewed 346 times
Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 30/32
Jake Matz: 31/31 x
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 26/31
Roy O'Dowd: 32/33
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 20/20
David "Mac" McAuslan: 17/20
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta: "Boys! Why don't you let him follow me out the back door? I think we'll do less damage outside!"

Over her shoulder, she yells, "Julia! What's out the back of this firehouse? Julia?! Where is that girl? Julia, you get back here right now, you hear!"
In case Etta needs to beat a quick retreat out the firehouse's back door: Moves: [1d6] = 5 Ghost: [1d6] = 6
Calling Julia back on the scene: Maternal Authority: [6d6] = 17 Ghost: [1d6] = 3
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by Taaz »

Roys blast stopped the ghost in the perfect place so Jason raised his wand, careful to avoid lining up his team mates or any spare equipment. Going Hot!

Fire Weapon: [4d6] = 13 Ghost:[1d6] = 3

He connects and breathes a little sigh of relief. Pour it on Freight Train!
Scott308

#32 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel watches the ghost exit the boiler room. Seeing Roy and then Jason drop the hammer on the escapee spurs him to act, drawing a bead and firing.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy tries to move into a kneeling position while maintaining his shot on the ghost. "Capturing the same ghost twice in the same day we have to be crazy. Sorry for not warning you I was going hot. I had a shot and I gambled on taking it."

not sure if you need a roll from me for this action just trying to get out of the way blocking the bottom of the stairs.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Roamingvapor
Strider
Strider

#35 Post by Roamingvapor »

Mac goes to throw the trap... Here goes nothing!
burn another 2 bp, roll and go!
: brownie points: [2d6] = 6, moves: [3d6] = 5, ghost:[1d6] = 4

D'oh!
Roamingvapor
Strider
Strider

#36 Post by Roamingvapor »

Reroll, with proper macro

Take two: [2d6] = 7

Still d'oh
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Home Sweet Haunted Home
Round 4
Aug. 9, 2018, 8:3 2 am
The Basement, Dank, & Musty.

Jason & Lionel take the shots and due to Roy having stopped the ghost in it's tracks, are able to get off perfect shots! They now have a total of 3 beams on Old Red, and the feedback on the wands is kicking like a mule along with the ghost's struggle to get free. It feels stronger than before but is quickly draining of energy as well. Time for a Trap!!!

Okay... Keep[ in mind that each round is about 6 seconds. Your proton packs have an automatic shutoff that kicks in at 30 seconds of continuous fire, once that engages you will have to wait 1 round for it to run through the reboot sequence to cool off, or you will be able to hit the override switch. Each round after that you will roll 3d6 at increasing difficulty to see if something bad happens :) or you can just shut off the beam for any round before that and reset the clock. Just FYI!

Etta Calls out to Julia in that motherly, loving, Imma gonna eat yo face if you don't get over here right now, way that all mothers have... O.O;

Old R ed Is caught in the streams but fighting hard! J, L, & R will remember from before that Jason had hit it with an attack beam before which weakened him enough that 2 beams would hold him, given his extra strengths now, you all can tell that letting one of the three beams off would give him a very real chance of breaking loose. This ghost does not look happy! What could it do if it got loose in the Firehouse?! How would this look if the mayor's people showed up right now?!

Roy Moves into a kneeling position and is able to shift aside enough so that he is not blocking the stairs in case they need to make their way in and out of the basement.
GreyWolfVT wrote:not sure if you need a roll from me for this action just trying to get out of the way blocking the bottom of the stairs.
Considering all conditions I think I am going to let you have that as a free action for this round.

Mac Has the trap ready and sees the ghost is held in check by his sharpshooting teammates! Wow! What a team!

He let's the trap fly but it goes off target. Luckily he is able to jerk it back in time to try for another throw.

ouch! 3 shy. Make the same roll if you want to try again.
Everyone, I would say if you want to discuss what to do if anything, do it in the OOC thread then post. So far you are still in a good spot.

Jake Cries out! Trap it! Trap it! from his hiding place behind the stairs.

Julia comes out from her hiding place under her desk and looks around the corner of the entrance to the hall. A back alley! It's where the cars used to park and pull in and out of the basement. Just warehouses around it... and... I don't know... dumpster? Power-lines? Is it safe to come out? Is this really happening?!

Initiative Order:
Jason - Going Hot!
Lionel - Going Hot!
Roy - Got him where I want him!
Etta - Mommy's mad.
Mac - Ready with the Trap!
Jake - NPCed Broken Proton Pack. Freaking out! (Lost his cool: Scared)
Ghost - Bucking like a bronco!
Julia - Jarred out of hiding by Etta.

Locations:

(No real changes other than Julia is back to the Hallway entrance)

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 30/32
Jake Matz: 31/31 x
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 26/31
Roy O'Dowd: 32/33
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 20/20
David "Mac" McAuslan: 15/20
Roamingvapor
Strider
Strider

#38 Post by Roamingvapor »

David McAuslan

Mac looks at where the trap landed.
"Damnit, get your shit together McAuslan".
He pulls the trap back, takes a deep breath and finds his focus. His eyes open, a smirk spreads across his face and he heaves the trap with all the accuracy he can muster.

Alright guys this time we bag this sucker. Burning Brownie Points like a friggin BOSS!

brownie points: [4d6] = 17, moves: [2d6] = 4, ghost: [1d6] = 6

BOOYAH! IN THE BOX SLIMEBAG!!

Mac hits the pedal and opens the trap.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta to Julia: "Baby, come over here and hold these coffees. If that ghost gets away from the boys, nip out the back door, drop the coffee, and run, okay? Now, where do the boys keep the proton packs?"

Etta dashes off to grab a proton pack, and then join the rest of the crew.
Scott308

#40 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel keeps the beam on the ghost.

Return to “Mission Archive”