Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 2

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter #4: Adventure #4 Eleven Baneful Gates - Part 2

#21 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad storms into the shop. "Armorer! Hah! Studs and buckles do not interest me!" He takes out his shield from his pack and presents in proudly to the man. "A lion! I wish for a lion to be emblazoned on this shield! To proclaim my might for all my enemies to see..and fear! Fate has made it so!"
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Asad storms into the shop. "Armorer! Hah! Studs and buckles do not interest me!" He takes out his shield from his pack and presents in proudly to the man. "A lion! I wish for a lion to be emblazoned on this shield! To proclaim my might for all my enemies to see..and fear! Fate has made it so!"
Armorer "Ah yes a great lion. That I can do. My name is Rafeeq I can do this for you it should take me a few hours for this work I will only ask for 10 dinars (gp), mighty lion." Asad realizes the man is referring to him as the "mighty lion."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex gets the group together to go over the loot," Here is what we have."272 gp
1 x garnet
537 gp
1 x gold ring (radiated magic when detect magic was cast)
1 x pair of pearl earrings
1 x short sword (no scabbard) radiated magic when detect magic was cast
1 x small tarnished silver box, containing 2 ioun stones: dull gray prism (suspected burned out) and a clear spindle (sustains person without food or water per Mahara's description to Jamal) radiated magic when detect magic was cast

809 GP divided by 8 pc and 1 group fund = 90 GP per PC and 89 GP for the group fund.
I'll go get the garnet pearl earings appraised with the burned out Ioun stones. I'd also like to have the library look at the ioun stones as well. Here take you Gp cuts now and we can settle up on the other stuff once we find out about them.

Someone needs to claim the Clear Spindle (sustains person without food or water per Mahara's description to Jamal)
1 x gold ring (radiated magic when detect magic was cast)."

Abrex takes off once done with the group to get the other stuff checked out. He gets his new backpack once it's done too.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Dram »

Anuzal - Prior to leaving the group Anuzal offers to take the ring with to have it identified along with the sword.

Montillo- 100gp it is. I shall return in the morning with 100 gp (Would it be 200gp per item?)
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Anuzal - Prior to leaving the group Anuzal offers to take the ring with to have it identified along with the sword.

Montillo- 100gp it is. I shall return in the morning with 100 gp (Would it be 200gp per item?)
100 gp per item so total of 200 gp if you have 2 items to be identified.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Dram »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
Dram wrote:Anuzal - Prior to leaving the group Anuzal offers to take the ring with to have it identified along with the sword.

100 gp per item so total of 200 gp if you have 2 items to be identified.
Anuzal takes both items to be identified.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Montillo takes the two items from Anuzal "Very well I will work on identifying these for you. Payment upon your pick up of the identified items unless you wish to pay now." the librarian waits for Emma to say anything more about learning spells.
-------------------------------------------
Abrex appraising of the garnet found in one of the werehyena caves is approximately worth 50 gp, his appraisal of the earrings is that they are worth approximately 150 gp.
-------------------------------------------
Armorer awaits Asad's reply as to if he wants the engraving done still on the shield or not. As he waits he goes back to working on the shield he was making.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex tells the group when they are all together,"The garnet is worth 50 GP and the Earrings are worth 150 GP. I'd recommend we keep the earrings with the group fund since the pearl earrings can be used as a component in the identify spell. 50 gp divided 9 ways is 5 gp each. with 5 gp extra I'd recommend giving the group fund 2 shares. Just my 2 coppers."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by ravenn4544 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Armorer "Ah yes a great lion. That I can do. My name is Rafeeq I can do this for you it should take me a few hours for this work I will only ask for 10 dinars (gp), mighty lion." Asad realizes the man is referring to him as the "mighty lion."
Asad considers the offer and tries to haggle shrewdly "10 you say?!?! The shield is small but powerful! 5 dinars is what I say!!"
GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Armorer "Ah yes a great lion. That I can do. My name is Rafeeq I can do this for you it should take me a few hours for this work I will only ask for 10 dinars (gp), mighty lion." Asad realizes the man is referring to him as the "mighty lion."
Asad considers the offer and tries to haggle shrewdly "10 you say?!?! The shield is small but powerful! 5 dinars is what I say!!"
Armorer considering the offer replies "Make it 6 dinars and we have a deal."
------------------------------------------
Elsewhere Ameer manages to vanish off shortly after the group came to Talv for the second time and nobody has seen him since the group returned to the town. One less person to split coin with.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Dram »

Anuzal agrees to pay upon his return in the morning. Then waits for Emma to finish her business.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex

Abrex says, "Ok with Ameers cut for the gem and coins (95 GP) split 8 ways is 12 more GP for each PC and 11 for the group fund. I'll subtract the 200 GP for the identify spell. Abrex also manages to get the maps and scroll cases from Ameer before he vanished. I was suspicious of that guy but I could never put my finger on it."

Is it safe to say we are all healed up now?
GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Cwreando wrote:Abrex

Abrex says, "Ok with Ameers cut for the gem and coins (95 GP) split 8 ways is 12 more GP for each PC and 11 for the group fund. I'll subtract the 200 GP for the identify spell. Abrex also manages to get the maps and scroll cases from Ameer before he vanished. I was suspicious of that guy but I could never put my finger on it."

Is it safe to say we are all healed up now?
Yes anything that was the groups you were able to find on the Camels Ameer had purchased. Also yes you guys are entirely healed up by the time you reached Talv for the most part.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by ravenn4544 »

Asad glares at the armorer for what is probably too long. "Deal! Let it be so!"
GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:Asad glares at the armorer for what is probably too long. "Deal! Let it be so!"
Armorer returns the glare then raises one eyebrow and says "Deal." and extends one burly arm and shakes on it with Asad. "You are a tough negotiator. I'll have it done for you later today. Give me a few hours." with the deal made he takes the shield and has one of his apprentices take over on the shield he was working on to start work for Asad.

GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Return to Talv: Day 1

Emma works a deal out with Montillo to help around his library in exchange for learning a few of his spells from him. Having few patrons around Talv save for usually explorers, adventurers and travelers most of the locals rarely come to see him. Montillo eagerly accepts the offer. Anuzal also makes a deal to have some items identified for payment upon completion of the identify. Asad makes a deal to have the magical shield engraved with a lion with the local Armorer. Ameer simply vanishes into the town and is never seen or heard from again leaving most of his possessions behind, however his men-at-arms managed to disappear with him. Everyone else merely shops around to replenish their supplies and ready for another weeks travel through the desert to reach the ruins of An-alwahr. For the most part it is a nice respite from adventuring to merely relax and enjoy the inn and tavern as well as explore Talv a little more. I'll need to know what spells Emma wishes to learn from Montillo.

Later in the day a larger man about 6'5 comes into the same tavern the rest of the group is at near the same inn he's definately an foreigner just by the looks of the tall muscular man. The man is carrying a great club with him, he has the looks of a mighty warrior possibly one of those barbarians you've heard of in other lands, very different from the ones found in Zakhara. He looks like he has traveled far to reach the deserts of Zahkara. He goes to the bar and orders pitcher of strong ale and sits drinking it.

The big stranger:

Actions?

tarlyn this is where you come in, and yes I know you are still working on the character sheet but that is fine. :)

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by tarlyn »

Ishaq

The man ignores the stares and gawking at him as he passed through the streets. It has been a long travel but he has finally arrived.

Thankful for the polite caravan owner who explained to him how to get here, he marches on with purpose.

"I will never understand what brings people to live in such close proximity" he muses to himself as he arrives at the Inn.

Pushing through the door, he again ignores the stares and walks over to the bar and orders a pitcher of ale in a basicMidani

Handing over the required coins, he turns and takes a tale near the wall, so he can keep an eye out for any trouble. Taking a large swig of his

ale and then belching rather profusely, he puts down his tankard and looks around.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."
GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Munjid the tavern keeper sets the pitcher of ale before the big burly man "Here you are my good man." taking payment he turns around "So where do you hail from?" the man tries to start a friendly conversation with Ishaq

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by tarlyn »

Ishaq

Surprised someone is actually talking to him he nearly spits out his ale, but holds it in at the last moment.

"Err.. I come from far away-yy. Not hot place like here. I am told this good place to find adventure. Was I being told wrong?",

comes the reply.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Return to “Archive”