Town Business IV - Vaul

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town Business IV - Vaul

#21 Post by AleBelly »

"You lummox. Do yourself a favor and go talk to a holy person or magician. Have them detect the presence of magic about you. I trust normal Lug. I don't trust ensorceled Lug."
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Zhym »

Lug doesn't say anything else. He just sits and waits.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Keehnelf »

Since I can't yet advance the calendar any more, you two are stuck in this spot for now, unless one or the other of you breaks the stalemate :)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Zhym »

After a while, Lug starts to whistle a tune. It's jaunty, and a little repetitive, and almost certainly familiar.

It's Lug and the Broken Spider Legs.

After a while, he transitions to the melancholy Lay of Lug.
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by AleBelly »

After some time, Varas sees that Lug is going nowhere. "I've always wanted a garden gnome" he says loudly.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Zhym »

"You always wanted to live on your roof, too?"
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Spartakos »

Galen, a bit of swagger in his step, walks amid the market, seeking a few supplies...and inquiring about the possibility of purchasing a new mount.

(I seem to recall horse-buying was a big deal before; any for sale, and if not, when are more expected?
Also wish to purchase a large ball of stout twine and several pieces of chalk, in different colors if possible. Price?)
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Keehnelf »

There is a single roan mare available as a riding horse at 50% markup on book price. Galen can also attempt to buy a horse off one of the mercenaries as they depart. Since the mercs are flush with cash and headed somewhere they might use their mounts, it will require a charisma check (d20, roll under) and a markup of 100% to secure either a light or heavy warhorse from them.

Chalk comes in two colors: red and white. It is 1cp per stick. A large ball of twine (150') is 2cp, and there are three of them available.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Zhym »

"I said the magic word," pouts Lug in a soft voice after he's stopped whistling. "People are supposed to be nice when you say 'please.'"

He stands up, walks over to a corner of the house, and sets Reason on the ground and puts his pack on top of it. Then he walks the few steps back to Varas's front door and sits back down.

"There. Will you come down and talk to me now? Please?"
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by AleBelly »

"You promise not to touch me?" asks Varas.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Zhym »

"Okay."
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by AleBelly »

"Alright. Back 10 feet away from the door, and stay that distance from me. I'm coming down."

Varas climbs back through the window.

climb with long bow [1d100+10] = 14+10 = 24

He peeks out the front window, and if/when he sees Lug back away he opens his door, standing in the arch but going no further. He has his longsword sheathed, hand on hilt. "This is my insurance policy. What do you want?"
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Zhym »

"I wanted to apologize, you stupid dope!" shouts Lug when Varas opens the door. "Geez! You act like I'm still under Numen's mojo! It's been a week! You think if I wanted to punch you I'd have asked nice about it? Or said 'please?' Or called you by name instead of 'assassin' if I was still googly-eyed for Numen? The rocks you built this house with got more smarts than you!"

Lug doesn't quite have this "apology" thing down.

He closes his eyes and silently mouths the numbers one through ten. When he opens his eyes, he speaks in a quiet, almost meek voice.

"Anyway. Thanks for trying to save me from Numen, you moron. He put the mojo on me but good. Did it to Wendall, too. Boy, I bet he's pissed!" Lug grins, taking obvious joy in the thought of Wendall's unhappiness. "If I'd run off with Numen I probably wouldn't have lived long. So, um, thanks for that. And sorry for being mean to you when I was mojoed."
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by AleBelly »

A sad smile grows on Varas' face when Lug mentions Wendall. He studies the mountain of a man for a long time. "I just did the dirty work. Niles cottoned on to it. But you're welcome nonetheless. I haven't had a good pull of the southern wine in awhile. You buy me a pint of that and we call it even, yeah?"
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Zhym »

"Niles may have had the idea, but it was you I tried to Reason with," answers Lug. "You risked your life trying to help me."

"I got to go take care of some business, but I'll be back at the Briarstone later. Meet me there and I'll buy you that wine."

Lug collects his sword and pack and goes off for the inn. A while later, he and Orrin can be seen heading into the temple.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Marullus »

(Moved down, out of the scene.)
Last edited by Marullus on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:"Niles may have had the idea, but it was you I tried to Reason with," answers Lug. "You risked your life trying to help me."
"Not much of a risk" grins Varas. "I'd have had ya."

"I got to go take care of some business, but I'll be back at the Briarstone later. Meet me there and I'll buy you that wine."[/quote]
Zhym wrote:"Sounds good. Don't tarry long. I'll be running up quite the tab in your name."

The tall cutpurse locks his door and heads to the watering hole.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly wrote:"Not much of a risk" grins Varas. "I'd have had ya."
"Not a chance!" laughs Lug as he leaves. "Oh, and try not to go too crazy with that tab. I can cover you, but I couldn't even pay the adventurer's guild fee right now. I guess there ain't that much money in failed rescue attempts."
Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Spartakos »

Galen examines the blue roan saddle horse, and likes her looks...he counts out 10 platinum coins and a dozen gold, and buys her on the spot.
(112.5 gp deducted for the horse, and another 2 sp for 2 balls of twine and a dozen pieces of chalk, half red and half white)
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Marullus »

Lady Deliah enjoys the celebrations of victory, having stood and helped inspire the infantry of the center line during the battle. She has acquired a suite at the Inn, where she enjoys visiting with the locals who have business with her, her raven everpresent with her.

Marullus wrote:This young woman seems pleasant and attractive, with a keen and attentive eye. Her thick orange-tinted hair is pulled back and tied with a red leather thong, cascading behind her in a wavy locks. She wears a loose white blouse and peticoats under a corseted overdress, blending easily with any group of merchants. She has green eyes and a petite nose with smile lines on either side of her rosebud lips. She is often accompanied by a raven, which she engages quietly in conversation and who quorks back in return, and which watches those around her suspiciously.

Image:

Return to “Settlement - Vaul”