Re: OOC Lounge

#21 Post by Jack »

For dice rolls, create macros on the .com site for your character, e.g.:

[1d20+2]
Attack with dart (+1 missile,
+1 strength)

[1d20+4]
Attack with dart from behind
(surprise or ally attacking from front) (+1 missile, +1 strength, +2 behind)

[1d3]
Damage from dart

Then to roll, click on the golden die image which will give you forum markup code to paste into your forum post.
There's also a history of all your character's rolls which you can access if you lost the copied code.

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#22 Post by SterlingBlake »

I just did a test roll and set up my attack macros. Pretty cool. Too bad we have to copy & paste into the post, but maybe that goes more smoothly than it sounds at first.

Abegray
Squire
Squire

#23 Post by Abegray »

Testing this macro pasting stuff.

[1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19
Deldo F1 HP7 AC4

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Tamerlaine »

mumble wrote:3. How do I roll dice in this forum?
Check this link here on US. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2183

As for questions 1 and 2, Sterling beat me to it with the right answers.

Edit: Didn't see the following posts about the die rolls, so this was moot.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Tamerlaine »

mumble wrote:Just run this by me again. So, I can have an endless amount of learned spells in my spellbook (intelligence score permitting), and I can have a set number of them memorized at any given time.

Can I have multiples of the same spell memorized (say 4x Magic Missile), and this number decreases every time I cast a spell? Or can a spell be cast indefinitely once memorized?
Table 4, which deals with Intelligence, shows the Minimum/Maximum number of spells one can know per level. Your level as a magic-user, as shown on Table 9, reveals the number of spells you can 'memorize.'

You can have multiples of the same spell memorized. If Daro is 4th level, he can 'memorize' 3 1st level spells and 2 2nd level spells. He can memorize Magic Missile once, twice, or three times if he wants to. Once he casts a spell, he can't recast that spell until he has memorized that spell again.

Hope this helps.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Jack »

At RPGGeek you can't see the results of your rolls when you post, but here you can, so I could see that darts 1 and 2 would almost certainly hit, and that dart 2 would probably kill "Light foot", but I was planning on throwing the 3 darts at different rats anyway because there are so many of them.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Tamerlaine »

I hate disrupting the momentum, but I'm letting everyone off the hook over the holiday. This includes me. I've got five kids and a big family all which live near me and I've no 'me' time. We'll continue this after Christmas. I'll probably be back online the night of the 25th and I expect everyone to hit the ground running again.

Merry Christmas guys, be safe...

Abegray
Squire
Squire

#28 Post by Abegray »

I suppose I'm fortunate to be estranged from my family. I may just crack into my collection of GOR novels. Enjoy your time off.
Deldo F1 HP7 AC4

mumble
Strider
Strider

#29 Post by mumble »

We're also hitting the road tomorrow morning. We should be home day after Christmas, so I'll be able to resume posting on the 27th. Happy holidays to everyone!

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Tamerlaine »

Hope everyone had good time over the holiday. I caught bronchitis the day before Christmas Eve, yay...

Wrapped up the first half of the round and will be doing the rats' turn. Hang in there, I'm hacking at it.

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Jack »

Sterling, for the damage rolls for your backstab attacks, see if using a lowercase "x" instead of uppercase fixes it:
[1d6x2]

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#32 Post by SterlingBlake »

Thanks!

Abegray
Squire
Squire

#33 Post by Abegray »

Do you all think we'll survive this encounter with rats? It would suck to TPK before we get to the fortress. Of course, we chose to stick around rather than run, so I suppose we get what we deserve.
Deldo F1 HP7 AC4

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Jack »

Only Alastair and Sammy has 12 movement, so the rest of the party couldn't outrun them.

I think as long as the highest HP (and lowest AC) PCs:
*Deldo 7/9(4) and
*Sammy 6/8(5)
draw attackers away from the lowest HP (and highest AC) PCs:
*Daro 4/4(10),
*Alastair 5/5(6) (if not hidden or in a tree), and
*Alfri 5/6(5),
then we stand a chance.

Sammy is a bit afraid of Daro's magical powers, and has the most trust in the cleric so will tend to help and defend Alfri first, then Alastair, but if Daro gets hit then both fighters (who also gain attack advantage when attacking those fighting others) may have to defend Daro and then try to draw enemies away and out of melee range from him.

mumble
Strider
Strider

#35 Post by mumble »

Gah! Fear not Deldo, Daro will save the day - as appears to always be the case in this short adventure to date :lol:

Just in case it's unclear via internet speak: I'm kidding ;)

Edit: Provided that rat got brained of course...

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#36 Post by SterlingBlake »

Abegray wrote:Do you all think we'll survive this encounter with rats? It would suck to TPK before we get to the fortress. Of course, we chose to stick around rather than run, so I suppose we get what we deserve.
We're doing OK, I think. If Alastair was able to sneak attack rat #3 I think only one wounded rat will be standing when it's their turn. This was less than half the nest, however, so we should not linger. Another 12 and their queen would be a bit much for us toe to toe.

mumble
Strider
Strider

#37 Post by mumble »

SterlingBlake wrote:
Abegray wrote:Do you all think we'll survive this encounter with rats? It would suck to TPK before we get to the fortress. Of course, we chose to stick around rather than run, so I suppose we get what we deserve.
We're doing OK, I think. If Alastair was able to sneak attack rat #3 I think only one wounded rat will be standing when it's their turn. This was less than half the nest, however, so we should not linger. Another 12 and their queen would be a bit much for us toe to toe.
Daro's got two instances of Sleep memorized. So if another batch of rats were to come through the tunnel, Sleep should incapacitate them and enable the fighter-types to coup de grace the lot, right? We might even be able to do the same with the queen, provided she hasn't got any magic resistance. Or the GM decides to put us back in our place :P

Just to clarify a bit, the idea is that Alastair goes down the rabbit hole again and baits another group out the tunnel. The rest of us set up an ambush, which admittedly hinges on Daro getting off a successful Sleep spell. Even if it should flop, with sufficient preparation we should be able to set up a mini gauntlet of death around the opening of the tunnel. Hopefully good preparation and role-play will help mitigate crappy dice rolls.

Keep in mind, this is my first foray into this type of RPG and I wouldn't know exactly if/when I'm crossing the bravery/stupidity line.

SterlingBlake
Tracker
Tracker

#38 Post by SterlingBlake »

mumble wrote:Keep in mind, this is my first foray into this type of RPG and I wouldn't know exactly if/when I'm crossing the bravery/stupidity line.
You might be approaching the line. ;)

Abegray
Squire
Squire

#39 Post by Abegray »

The fighters could perhaps make spears and set them vs a rat charge. Just lay them down and lift up once the hobbit clears the tunnel.

One has to get the timing right, or we'd end up with hobbit on a stick.
Deldo F1 HP7 AC4

Jack
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Jack »

I think it's too dangerous to send Alaistar back into the tunnel: if he is slowed down in any way he'll be ROUS dinner. Better may be to try to collapse the tunnel entrance, especially if some of the rats run back in to get reinforcements.

(I don't have access to the PDF at the moment.) How do we heal?

Return to “Keep of Shadows (S&W Core)”