OOC II

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#21 Post by AleBelly »

The rope would have to have been looped around something in order for us to have retrieved it. I think I proposed hammering spikes into something and looping the rope around that, but I think we went with the beam approach.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by onlyme »

Maybe it was looped around the 20 foot ladder lying beside the beam. :D
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#23 Post by dmw71 »

Unless someone can find a later post which contradicts this, the beam was discovered by Ciar and was over the trap door. The rope was fastened around the beam, and the beam was pulled off and away from the trap door where Ciar wedged it in to anchor the rope used by the rest of the party to climb the rubble into the upper lever of the tower in the first place.

Action
"As weight is brought upon the rope, the beam is pulled away from the trap door and the halfling is able to position it in such a way that it will securely -- he hopes! -- support the weight of those that still need to make the ascent."

I even tracked down the ooc discussion where AleBelly's illustration shows the beam off to the side (when, if the actual action thread was any indication, it would have been even further away).

OOC
"How does Sparrow plan on fastening a rope to something on the second level that will be taught enough to support everyone's weights (individually) and be able to be released from below?"
:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#24 Post by Alethan »

Ok, so we definitely need the grappling hook, then.

Good enough.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by onlyme »

dmw71 wrote: Once Sparrow has been safely lifted, “You’re next,” Fulp calls down to Sylvan quietly, though there are no signs of anyone or anything else in the area.
onlyme wrote:Fulp calls down,

Kassal? Sylvan? Come on. What are you waiting for? He will then be as quiet as possible to listen for a reply.
Dang my reading comprehension skills (or lack thereof) is embarrassing this game. :oops:

I completely read that as there were no signs of Sylvan and Kassal once Fulp quietly whispered to them. So, I was fully expecting something done ate them or they decided to go explore on their own...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by onlyme »

My guess is that means walking down next to them while each hold onto the rope for guidance.
I am not sure how we are sending Sparrow down the rubble? If the pile isnt straight down, the rope would touch the rubble, and he wouldnt go down freely. If we could tie the rope to anything above ground at the bottom, then we could send him down like a cable car.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#27 Post by Alethan »

The ramp doesn't surround the entirety of the second floor; it's just one path up, at the most taking up one side of the building with it's sloped ramp. Surely there has to be some point in 360 degrees of second level where we could drop people rather straight down, yah?
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#28 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote: I am not sure how we are sending Sparrow down the rubble?
That is the million dollar question.

"Black stone and broken wooden debris lie scattered down the hill’s southeastern slope, and a rocky ramp of sorts leads up to the tower’s now exposed second floor."

The image of the tower is found here:
viewtopic.php?p=162120#p162120

So, to Ethan's question, there is at least two-thirds of the tower were he could be dropped straight down (not using the ramp).

I'm interested in hearing this plan. :D
-- Project --

-- DM --
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by onlyme »

So... 15 months ago, I was the 7th person to hit 2000 posts here in US. With this beautifully well written post, I am now the 15th to hit 3000. Congrats to all who have helped grow this place over the last year.

And especially to Dave for creating and running his fast paced post-friendly games... Or else my post count would only be in the mid 500s by now.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#30 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:With this beautifully well written post, I am now the 15th to hit 3000.
Congratulations, man.
onlyme wrote:And especially to Dave for creating and running his fast paced post-friendly games.
My pleasure, man.

I still consider my 'Adventures in Foxmoor' game to be my first true DM experience (I had previously only run revolving-door dungeon crawls as a youth), but I really enjoy running play-by-post games, and am glad to have you involved.

How long until you hit 4,000? ;)
-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#31 Post by dmw71 »

I'm waiting on a response, but hope to be able to adjudicate the actions posted so far later today.
-- Project --

-- DM --
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by onlyme »

dmw71 wrote:
How long until you hit 4,000? ;)

Well, it took 9 months of Foxmoor to go from 2000-3000. Then (enter sarcastic trog reference here) something slowed the pace down. So, provided we don't succumb to fatal curiosity... around Christmas?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#33 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:So, provided we don't succumb to fatal curiosity... around Christmas?
End of the year.

Let's go!
-- Project --

-- DM --
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by Alethan »

onlyme wrote:So... 15 months ago, I was the 7th person to hit 2000 posts here in US. With this beautifully well written post, I am now the 15th to hit 3000. Congrats to all who have helped grow this place over the last year.

And especially to Dave for creating and running his fast paced post-friendly games... Or else my post count would only be in the mid 500s by now.
3000 posts. That's cute.

Kidding, of course. Grats on the high number of quality posts, onlyme. Always (usually?) look forward to seeing what your characters have to say.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#35 Post by dmw71 »

Sorry for the delay, guys. I'm working to clear up a few things in the private forums before moving the action.

Expect an update later today.
-- Project --

-- DM --
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by AleBelly »

I'm traveling for work and am going to be scarce until tomorrow night anyhow.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#37 Post by dmw71 »

AleBelly wrote:When convenient, Sparrow attempts to heal Kassel and Ciar.

Cure light wounds [1d8] = 3 on Kassel

Cure light wounds [1d8] = 3 on Ciar
Good to see you're not playing favorites. ;)
-- Project --

-- DM --
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#38 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As there is clearly some confusion as to who the healer is in the group, I thought I better speak up. ;)

Hello everyone, it's me again. :roll:

I'm pleased to announce that I have received an absolute outpouring of support regarding the incident that forced my departure from the forums. Because of this, I have had a bit of a change of heart.

I realize now that my decision to leave was based mostly on the disappointment and anger that I was experiencing at the time, which I now regret.

When I started receiving extremely supportive messages from all the friends I've made on here, including some of the moderators and even one from Greg, it really made me take a step back and reassess my situation.

I see now that it would be foolish for me to throw away the last year of fun I've had on here because of one stupid incident.

Therefore, if the DM's will have me back, I want to slowly try to get back into the great games that I enjoyed being a part of on this great site.

I hope it will work out better this time and that I didn't upset anyone to terribly by my initial rash decision.

Thanks for hearing me out and for allowing me back into the fold.

Rob (Sparrow) (the non healer)
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#39 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote:As there is clearly some confusion as to who the healer is in the group, I thought I better speak up.
Welcome back, man (even if you only take damage, not heal it). ;)
-- Project --

-- DM --
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#40 Post by Alethan »

Pah.

Can we only let him back if he starts healing?

(Sorry about name mix ups... It really is getting a bit confusing, though. First Fulp gets bit by a bug, then Sparrow is the one paralyzed, then the dwarf is gone (sort of), then Sparrow is back... But falls in the slime and is gone again. Now he's back.

Makes a halfling's head spin.)
OGRE MAGE wrote: When I started receiving extremely supportive messages from all the friends I've made on here, including some of the moderators and even one from Greg, it really made me take a step back and reassess my situation.
Obviously an attempt to make the one moderator who didn't message you feel like a heel (not a heal-er; he's obviously not one of those. I mean, he doesn't even have a special medallion to beat on people with).

Well it won't work. ;)

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”