OOC

greyarea
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#21 Post by greyarea »

I'm going on vacation for a few days. Won't be posting and will be back next Tuesday.

Please NPC as necessary.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#22 Post by OGRE MAGE »

No problem man.

Enjoy!
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#23 Post by Scott308 »

OGRE MAGE wrote:I'm still waiting on 4 sets of Advance rolls.

I have Drez/Wyntar/Halo so far.

I have one other set that didnt have a name with it. Was that you?

In case you missed it...

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=3402&p=135514#p136021
2, 15, 16, 1, 6? Yes, those were mine, although I would prefer not to claim them.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#24 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ok, thanks Scott.
2 out of 5 ain't bad......
Oh ya, I guess it is.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Personally I hate the idea of alignment, no one is ever all good or all evil, there's always a mix.
I'm just courious, then how do you play Paladins? Or Druids? Alignment is CRUCIAL for those types of classes isn't it?
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by Nuke66 »

Well, as a Druid myself, I will say it is important. However, True Neutral is difficult to emulate on a moment-to-moment basis. Had a Druid once who saved a guy from a robbery by buying off the thief, just saying, it can be done in different ways.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by MonkeyWrench »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:Personally I hate the idea of alignment, no one is ever all good or all evil, there's always a mix.
I'm just courious, then how do you play Paladins? Or Druids? Alignment is CRUCIAL for those types of classes isn't it?
Everyone has both good and bad in them, this goes doubly so for paladin and druids. I play a paladin as a man that strives to do the right thing in his own mind. he knows he may go off the beaten path because he is a mere mortal, but in his heart he does what he believes to be righteous.

Druids are loyal to the forest, if anything gets in the way of that then it must be taken care of. Druids are more neutral to me anyway, I don't think any druid should be of good alignment because they worship nature, the biggest equalizing force of them all.... It isn't all bambi out there after all.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#30 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Well, this is a 1E game so, we're using alignments. But I don't think that means anyone has to play outside of their comfort level either.

Druids can ONLY be True Neutral in 1E. Just like Paladins can ONLY be LG. I believe there is a reason that allingments are built into some of the classes. It's no different on the other end of the spectrum with the Assassin class. But, I don't think it would be a stretch for an assassin to pretend that they are "good" to get what he wants either. Allingment is just a guideline for how your characters should present themselves.

I'm not going to be a tyrant about it though. I will give you a warning if you are stretching the restraints of your character before I shoot down the "blue lightning". :lol:
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Haha.

That's pretty much all I or anyone can ask for, if I am hitting the boundaries then let me know and I will reword my action and think about how to go about my character better.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

hmm now i know how it is to be a couple pages behind.... :roll:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Scott308

#33 Post by Scott308 »

By "no magic of any kind" does that include miscellaneous magic items and weapons, or is it just spells?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

hmm from a thief outlook magic means no spells ;) but i imagine the cleric speaking means no magic weapons, armor, spells, potions or anything magical. But that is an uneducated guess.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Scott308

#35 Post by Scott308 »

What is the temperature and weather where we are right now?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#36 Post by OGRE MAGE »

It is mid-day and about 50ish degrees. (F) ;)

The sky is clouded over with no sun shining and there are dark clouds on the horizon that have been around for several weeks.

No magic, at all. (they will check) No armor and one wepon each.
Scott308

#37 Post by Scott308 »

Well guys, I think this is almost tailor-made for me. Does anybody want to lose their armor and magic and still take this guy on?

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Dram »

It looks like you born for this fight.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Scott308

#39 Post by Scott308 »

That's what I think, but I will defer to the paladin and the cleric if they want to step up as they both feel very strongly about this.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas would step up gladly, however, he is not unreasonable, if someone were to ask him to let them fight he would oblige them.

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”