Neverwinter Woods > To Find the Keepers

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Neverwinter Woods > To Find the Keepers

#21 Post by hedgeknight »

1st roll > group initiative 2nd roll > Shumar initiative (1d10=7, 1d10=8)

Purvan
dashes to the edge in time to see Dalivere take a swipe at Shumar with a dagger. The young half-elf misses and the black robe continues chanting. "Get him!" Dalivere cries, as Purvan puts an arrow to his bow, and prepares to fire. But then, Lysander draws steel and steps in behind the chanting spell-caster.
"Nay, blackrobe, we could not be friends with one such as you!" the paladin says, and slashes Shumar across the back. Blood flies from the wound and Shumar grunts and pitches forward, tumbling over the edge of the railing to land hard on his back...at the feet of Thurgrum on the walkway several feet below.
Thurgrum looks down at the mage and finds his eyes glazed and blood trickling out of his mouth. He hears a squeaky sound as if air pressing through a reed coming from the lips of Shumar.

Actions?
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#22 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote: "I did what I had to do, what anyone in my position would do."
She looks at the doorway and whistles. Another female Owl elf steps into the doorway and with her is a child...at least at first it looks like a child, an ordinary elven child. But then the child cries out, "GREYSTONE!" and dashes forward to wrap his arms around the legs of the Lynx rogue. Greystone looks down and gasps to see Winter staring back up at him, grinning like a cat in a hen house. "What are you doing here? Am I safe?" the young elder asks.
Greystone kneels down and holds Winter at arms length, looking him over to make sure he isn't hurt. Then he takes Winter into his arms. "You're safe, young one. You're safe." He stands, moving Winter behind him protectively.

He glares up at the female elf, "By the gods, what did you do?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar feels a stirring in his loins which is cut short by the yell. He grabs Min's hand and runs over to investigate. Blood pumping, he sees the stroke down the evil mage.

He turns away and looks at Min, I will not lament the death of one of his kind. Lets go.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:Greystone kneels down and holds Winter at arms length, looking him over to make sure he isn't hurt. Then he takes Winter into his arms. "You're safe, young one. You're safe." He stands, moving Winter behind him protectively.

"You don't listen very well," she replies, her stance loose, battle-ready. "I told you I did what I HAD to do...for my people. No harm will come to the boy. As for you...well, that remains to be seen."

"Greystone!" Winter says, grabbing the rogue by the arm. "I got to fly on a giant owl! It was the most magnificent thing I've ever done! You should have seen the Wood from up there! We were so high up and the Wood was beautiful! I wasn't in any danger. Aurian held onto me tightly so I wouldn't fall. She said I'd get to go back home in a day or two, didn't you Aurian?"

The female elf, Aurian, smiles and nods at the young elder. "That's right, that's what I said. And I always...do what I say." The last line is meant for Greystone > he knows it, he's just not sure what to make of it.

Computer +1 wrote:Darkstar...turns away and looks at Min, I will not lament the death of one of his kind. Lets go.

"Yes, let's get back to our bath. The water is cooling...but we can warm it up again."
She takes Darkstar's hand and leads him back inside, telling the Owl guard they are not to be disturbed. The guard replies with "Yes, princess," and returns to his post.

Once at the tub, she quickly disrobes and helps Darkstar do likewise since the ranger can barely breathe while gazing at her petite, yet lovely body. She has as many scars as I do...he manages to think, and then after that, he doesn't think about much except for her lips on his and their bodies in the watery love bath...
Winter is coming...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by wolfpack »

Dalivere makes his way down to shurmur. A quick stroke across the neck to be sure he is dead dalivere searches him again to see if anything was missed.

tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#26 Post by tazwmg »

if he is still alive, Thurgrum will curse him and swing his warhammer:

to hit: [1d20] = 9
damage: [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar's sense of danger twinges at the revelation that Min is the Owl princess but he is soon too busy to think about it much.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by hedgeknight »

tazwmg wrote:if he is still alive, Thurgrum will curse him and swing his warhammer
Thurgrum whacks Shumar again for good measure before Dalivere arrives to check his body for anything he might have missed; he finds nothing.
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#29 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:
Alethan wrote:Greystone kneels down and holds Winter at arms length, looking him over to make sure he isn't hurt. Then he takes Winter into his arms. "You're safe, young one. You're safe." He stands, moving Winter behind him protectively.

"You don't listen very well," she replies, her stance loose, battle-ready. "I told you I did what I HAD to do...for my people. No harm will come to the boy. As for you...well, that remains to be seen."

"Greystone!" Winter says, grabbing the rogue by the arm. "I got to fly on a giant owl! It was the most magnificent thing I've ever done! You should have seen the Wood from up there! We were so high up and the Wood was beautiful! I wasn't in any danger. Aurian held onto me tightly so I wouldn't fall. She said I'd get to go back home in a day or two, didn't you Aurian?"

The female elf, Aurian, smiles and nods at the young elder. "That's right, that's what I said. And I always...do what I say." The last line is meant for Greystone > he knows it, he's just not sure what to make of it.
"Oh, I heard you just fine," Greystone replies. "You're missing a few pieces, though... Aurian, is it? Let's go talk to your Owl leader, Celadon, the elf I just saved from a hellspawn daemon. Perhaps he can fill you in, before you bluster yourself down a path you'll regret."

Greystone hears raised voices and sounds of fighting outside.

"Come, Winter. Let us find out what the future holds..." He takes Winter's hand and leads him out of the hut.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Dogma »

Lysander watches as Shumar pitches over the rail and plumet to his death. His shoulders slump as a weariness passes over him So much death, and yet I fear more will have to die if we are to stop the evil from entering this world.

Lysander will move down to the ground to join the others

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by wolfpack »

Dalivere huffs in frustration.

Damnit all. My spell took but the bastard was to strong willed. Normally I can persuade those enthralled to do as I ask.

He did say
he had to get back to Port Llast. He needed to report my findings to the Captain who will be interested to know about the stone archway

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:"Oh, I heard you just fine," Greystone replies. "You're missing a few pieces, though... Aurian, is it? Let's go talk to your Owl leader, Celadon, the elf I just saved from a hellspawn daemon. Perhaps he can fill you in, before you bluster yourself down a path you'll regret."
Greystone hears raised voices and sounds of fighting outside.
"Come, Winter. Let us find out what the future holds..." He takes Winter's hand and leads him out of the hut.

"I look forward to what Celadon has to say," Aurian replies. "I'm sure he can answer your questions...since he authorized my mission."

Winter grins and follows Greystone outside, looking back and forth between the rogue and Aurian. "By the Lady!" Winter exclaims, when he steps outside again, looking down the cypress to the ground below. "Who is that dead guy?" he asks, squeezing Greystone's hand. "His soul is struggling to re-enter his body...but I think it's too late, don't you?"
"Greystone...who is half-br...half-elf Lysander is talking to? Is that Thurgrum too?"

wolfpack wrote:Dalivere huffs in frustration.
Damnit all. My spell took but the bastard was to strong willed. Normally I can persuade those enthralled to do as I ask.
He did say he had to get back to Port Llast. He needed to report my findings to the Captain who will be interested to know about the stone archway

"Captain who?"Thurgrum asks, nudging the dead Shumar with his boot.
"Captain Haermos Dothwintyl > he's the only one I know in Port Llast,"Dalivere replies.

"Lysander!"comes the call from above you. "Thurgrum! It's me, Winter!"
The paladin, dwarf, and half-elf look up to see a smiling child waving at them. The paladin and dwarf recognize the child from the Lynx camp...he's one of the elders.
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by Computer +1 »

Meanwhile Darkstar is still getting it on 8-)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by Alethan »

Greystone looks at the body of Shumar with alarm. "You can see his soul, Winter? Do let me know when it is gone."

He turns back to Aurian, "Did you not notice the men in black robes ordering Owls around? Beating them? Raping them? Controlling them? Did you notice the glowing red gems around the necks of elves in your clan and wonder what they were? Did you not see the horned daemon with the red eyes that took orders from that dead man down there who is apparently still trying to fit his soul into his broken body?"

He pauses and calls down to Thurgrum, "Thurgrum, Winter says his soul yet lingers. Make sure he is dead. Hit him again."

Turning back to Aurian, "Did your orders to kidnap one of the leaders of my clan not seem unusual to you?"

He looks forward and begins walking Winter down the ramp.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Argennian »

Purvan lowers his bow with a cynical sneer and harrumph, and nods in satisfaction as he watches his companions deliver a most-deserved sentence of justice to poor 'ol Shumar. Although not at all skilled in the application of magics, he never felt it safe or sure thing to try and enchant a sorcerer. "Give our regards to your masters when you see them, you bastard!" he opines with a now well-acquired sarcasm.

The weary half-elf replaces his unfired arrow to its quiver and sets down his bow before offering a smile to Thaleese. He moves over next to her again, takes her in his arms and is just about to query her about where they left off when he hears a somehow familiar young voice call out excitedly. He turns to observe Greystone and what looks to be the spitting image of the young highborn of his clan, looking down on the deceased action below. "Hmm, that's odd. Hey, Leesa... you see that Wood elf child with Greystone? Damned if he looks just like the one that was with his clan's tribal elders..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by wolfpack »

Dalivere looks at those around him.

I spent my first 30 years in Port Llast, Captain Haermos Dothwintyl is a right rotten bastard and the only one I know of who could be involved with such an individual.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Computer +1 »

Meanwhile Darkstar is still having amazing sex.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Argennian »

Computer +1 wrote:Meanwhile Darkstar is still having amazing sex with a princess.
OOC: fixed it! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#39 Post by tazwmg »

Thurgrum will hail Winter and turn and thump that dang black wizard again, "Stupid wizards don't know when to stay dead".

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by hedgeknight »

Winter hollers back, "Hey Thurgrum! His soul is gone now." The young elder shivers. "Some dark shadowy hand snatched it and it disappeared. What are you guys doing here?" He looks over at Purvan and Thaleese and waves at the couple.
"Where's Darkstar?" he asks, looking up at Greystone.

Gasping for air, Darkstar and Min finally get down to just bathing. She smiles and wipes the sex sweat from her face, dunking herself in the bath. Pushing the water from her eyes and smoothing back her hair, she reaches for the soap and brush and calls out, "Beron! We need more hot water, please!"
The guard opens the door only a crack and replies, "Right away, princess."
Beron shuts the door and Min soaps up the brush and motions for Darkstar to turn around. She scrubs his shoulders and his back and then hands him the brush for the return favor. As he's scrubbing her back, he notes several scars, long-healed, but still visible against her beautiful skin. He can't help but touch them gingerly.
"Redhorn gave me those > the leader of the Stag clan. He wanted to marry me and consolidate our clans, but my father, Celadon, would not permit it. Many years ago, I had tracked a young doe into Stag lands, having wounded her near the base of the volcano. I killed her there and Redhorn took offense. He approached my father with a proposal > marriage or twenty stripes. It was the hardest decision my father ever had to make, but in the end, he did what was right. Redhorn has never forgiven him for that."
Min turns around in the bath and wraps her arms, and legs, around Darkstar. She leans in to kiss him when a soft knock at the door interrupts her. "Hot water, princess," comes Beron's voice. She smiles and disentangles herself from Darkstar as four young elves bring in buckets of steaming fresh water for the bath.

Aurian grabs Greystone by the arm, her grip like a vise. Her eyes are furious, brimming with tears. "You don't listen very well at all! This room was MY room before...before that piece of trash...abused me in it, controlled me against my will...made me do things...I have asked the Lady for forgiveness, but I know I will never forgive myself. Not until all of this is put to an end. My mission did not seem unusual at all for I was not myself. Have you ever been dominated by another's will? You are not your own! Do not judge me! Had you been here, you would have done the same or worse!"
The young elder steps in between Greystone and Aurian, his crystal blue eyes sad but full of wisdom despite his age. "Lady Aurian, you spoke falsely a moment ago. I am not a Keeper. So why did you bring me here truly?"

"Because I told her to,"
Celadon says, stepping into view, walking over near where Purvan and Thaleese are standing. "I knew Summer wouldn't come on her own, but when Shumar commanded me to seek the Keepers, a part of me obeyed him forthwith...while another part, a hidden part > thanks be to the Lady who loves us! > deceived him. It was my plan that the Lynx clan would arrive in force and destroy he and his black robes...but now...they will surely come...and likely destroy us instead."
Celadon hangs his head for a moment and then raises it again, standing straight despite his wounds. "Let us stop bickering and gather together for food and rest. We must talk and come up with a plan to give Summer and the Lynx elves when they arrive. Please, won't you join me?"
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”