UE Issue #3: Smash and GRAB

gurusql
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: UE Issue #3: Smash and GRAB

#21 Post by Leitz »

"Only a c..couple of phrases. Mom g..grew up with it." Knight Light said. "I want t..to learn, b..but I have a l..lot t..to learn. Where is Urdu f..from?"

He took a deep breath, and made himself relax. Agent McGinley said the superhero group were all respectable, and that had helped Mom understand. That McGinley had someone who spoke Turkish really helped, too. He took a deep breath, no one was going to attack him. They probably had tests, or other stuff to see what he could do and how he performed under stress. He'd do the best he could, and learn as much as he could. If he did his best, and avoided getting killed, then Perry's farmhouse would be real again. That was worth the risk.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Urdu is spoken mostly in India, Pakistan, and some of the surrounding areas mostly by Muslims."
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by gurusql »

Agent McGinley

Agent McGinley says before I depart, "Before I came over, I received confirmation that the Dragon Macuahuitl has made it way to the museum that Dr. Canul promised and the Dragon Shield is in the process of being shipped. For demo, perhaps we should give them Oleander and Knight Light some space, Eclipse call out a fruit that is in season and let's see if Oly can toss some of that fruit into the air and perhaps Knight Light you could cut it in half."

He motions Knight Light's mother into the kitchen and says quiet.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Leitz »

My apologies, I somehow missed Pulpatoon's last post. I'll answer it here, but please don't take the delay as anything more than operator error.

Knight Light raised an eyebrow in Oleander's direction and said quietly. "D..did he really j..just ask you t..to t..t.. p..play with fruit?" He shrugged, dug a metallic tube out of his backpack, and then walked to the center of the great room. "I like the Star Wars movies, have you seen th..them? What if th..they were real?"

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

"This should be interesting." He steps back a pace or two. "Oh, Agent McGinley. I need a quick word with you right after this demonstration."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oleander jots in his notebook: Dragon Macuahuitl... Dr. Canul... Dragon Shield.

He looks over at Eclipse. "You can make these words make sense, right?"

Upon request, he sticks a hand deep in his jacket pocket. "Star Wars? Who didn't see Star Wars? I liked Chewbacca. Ah, lessee, fruit, fruit, fruit..." He pulls out an oval fruit with a yellow, red, and green skin. "Howabout a mango? You don't see these much in the States, but they're great. And..." He sets the mango on a table and digs back into his pocket. "Here's a guava—big in Mexico. And a passion fruit, and a couple plums, and... there it is, a classic American apple." Surveying the pile of fruit, he suddenly looks sheepish. "So, uh, my wizard brain came with magic powers. But I can mostly just produce stuff that a five-year old bonobo would be interested in. Lotsa..." He sighs with weary resignation, "Lotsa fruit."

Hefty the apple, he says to Knight Light, "Here you go kid, show us whatcha got!" and lobs the fruit underhanded.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by gurusql »

Agent McGinley

"Sure Dos Seso - but quickly please. I would be happy to return if you would like a longer conversation."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

You can tell from his body language that Eclipse appears somewhat alarmed when talk turns to Knight Light's mother leaving the youth behind. However, as soon as 'Star Wars' is mentioned and the metal tube is produced, Knight Light has his undivided attention.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rex »

Azir

Azir watches on in fascination.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Leitz »

The metal tube stayed a metal tube, as Knight Light caught the apple, and then tossed it to Eclipse. "I have b..been t..training alone, only M..Mom k..knows. What I have d..done f..for real d..didn't make the p..papers, I d..don't kn..know what I c..can d..do. You d..don't kn..know what I c..can d..do, b..but your life will d..depend on it. Start with the lob, b..but everyone lob at the same time."

He smiled, took a deep breath, and visibly relaxed. "If I g..get them all, M..Mister Wizard g..gives M..Mom a m..mango. She likes them."

Those with martial arts skills know that Knight Light is doing multiple things to focus; the smile, the deep breath, and the relaxation. While he moves like the average teenager, he at least has a little training.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse catches the apple "All at once?...if you're sure"

He heads over and grabs the passion fruit and moves back to position

"Well, Mr Pan, on three...one...two..three he underarm throws both his fruit towards Knight Light.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rex »

Azir

Azir get her fruit, "This is going to be fun."

She tosses hers on three.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oleander Pan pitches a guava.
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Leitz »

Posting this since it'll be later tomorrow before I can do a decent post again.

Fruits of various sizes arced toward the young man, and he smiled. The metallic tube ceased being just a tube, as a meter long blue vibrating blue light danced around the man. The apple died valiantly, followed immediately by the now passionless fruit. Another lively colored foodstuff gave its all, but perhaps not for naught. Oleander's guava bounced off a muscular thigh and then fell to the floor, unharmed.

The young man bowed to Oleander, and then picked up the fruit. "I g..guess I st..still have a lot t..to learn."

Deflect vs 17 [_3d6]=(1+5+2)=8
Deflect vs 16 [_3d6]=(2+3+1)=6
Deflect vs 14 [_3d6]=(3+4+4)=11
Deflect vs 12 [_3d6]=(4+5+6)=15
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oleander claps both his hands and feet. "That was oddly satisfying to watch. They should make one of those arcade games where you have a sword and are just slashing away at fruit. Call it "Fruit Samurai" or something.

"Well, saying it out loud, it sounds ridiculous. But still! Good show, there, kid!"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rex »

Azir

Azir laughs a little, "Very good indeed."

After a pause, "Practice makes perfect they say."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"Three out of four is pretty good. We all need practice to improve and maintain our skills. Anyone who denies that is lying to themselves as much as everyone else."
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oleander Pan

"Speaking of practice, which puts me in mind of training facilities... Whatcha got in this house? It looks like a standard plot-filler in a suburban development, but I'm assuming that's a cover, right? Is this place riddled with hidden super-tech? Does the living room convert into a command center? Do we have an underground hangar?"

He asks this with wry facetiousness, but there is an undercurrent of genuine curiosity.
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by VonAlric »

Dos Seso

"Well, Mr. Pan, we don't have a huge amount in here yet. We certainly don't have any spots converting into other things right now. Guess we can show you about in a moment. Agent McGinley, and the rest of you, I wanted to bring something up. Today, as I was preparing to leave the house, I spotted a tan van that seemed to be unmarked outside my other place. It drove off as I touched the window to get a better look. I felt that event was heavy enough that everyone should know about it."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Pulpatoon »

Oleander whips out the notebook, again. ...tan van... possible surveillance.

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”