Mac

"it is all going to work out Julia, I promise."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 3

#22 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker enters the common area, still half- asleep. He gulps down his coffee, adding some peanut-butter toast. We will end this- soon.
He goes to the electronics shop to begin tweaking his containment field device- his intent is to make it tune- able in real time, so that the field can react if 'You-know-who' tries any nonsense to break free. AC/DC and Metallica songs echo from the lab, with lyrics in Turkish.

I know there will be 'Brains' rolls, but I'm not sure how tough they will be.
FA FO

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Taaz »

Jason wakes up, skipping breakfast in favor of black coffee and his notes he had taken and doing his best to emulate what the witches performed.

I assume you want a brains roll, or occult. Just let me know, I would like to do the whole building but if it only can be for the library I thats my main goal

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#24 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lionel positions a chair so he can see anyone coming to the front door and so he can intercept anyone who may attempt to get in with malicious intent. Hope you don't mind, but I'm gonna spend the day out here with you. Maybe I'll sit outside for a bit, who knows. Either way, I'll be around and anyone who wants to get to you has to go through me. I don't care if it's the mayor, the mailman, or your mom- well, I guess your mom can get through if she wants, but that's it. The smart guys can do their science stuff, I'll just sit here and look big and threatening. He flashes her a quick grin to try cheering her up.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (3)
Back @ HQ
September 17, 2018 9:00am
Nice out!  Warm and Clear.

Julia is clearly not herself this morning as the team goes about trying to start the day, sans donuts. She offers a painted-on smile to those that try to comfort her. But when Roy brings up racing, she seems to jump a little. Wait... what? Oh... you saw that? Please, don't tell anyone, okay... I don't need that kind of attention, especially right now. Mac & Lionel can be here for this part too.

Joker goes into the lab and begins crunching numbers for his field generator.

Let's call this a moderate roll since you have the equipment, the info, and the talent.

Likewise, Jason moves to one of the conference room and begins trying to emulate the ritual he saw Kelly perform the night before.

Use your occult but this is still going to be hard brains. I would also like you to roll a d100 to see if you have all the items or suitable substitutes.
I will say anything over 40 means you have all the items. Less than and your roll goes from hard to impossible difficulty.

Lionel sets a chair outside so he can watch the street. It is actually pretty nice this morning and the sun is shining. It is warm but not uncomfortably so. Fall certainly feels like it is on its way soon. After a while...

There is a mail delivery truck that pulls up to the curb and the brakes hiss. This is not the normal delivery truck but a big box truck. The mailman hops out and sees Lionel and comes straight over.

Mailman Can you sign?

Assuming Yes...

The mailman opens the back of the truck and he and his partner get a big dolly and soon are lowering a BIG crate down the back of the ramp. They wheel it around to the front door and it just barely goes through the front door into the lobby!

Julia jumps up. No! No! Deliveries in the back!

Mailmen drop the crate and begin unstrapping it. Sorry man... it specifically says to deliver it through the front door... They take their dolly and head out, leaving the crate sitting there in the middle of the floor. It is about 6 feet high, just under three feet wide, and easily 6 feet long. There is clearly a This side up an a couple holes here and there in the otherwise tight crate.

Julia groans and moves over to the crate and looks at the address.
Ghostbusters Institute.... Jeremy Spangler... New York... Wait... Jeremy Spangler?

At that moment there is a loud bang from inside making Julia hop back just as a rapid-fire series of bangs follow after and the crate falls open in all four directions. The packing peanuts fall in all directions and.........
JeremySpangler.jpg
JeremySpangler.jpg (391.14 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Jeremy Spangler stands up out of the mess in the crate off his folding chair and smiles big. It worked! Reverse Fire Pop Rivets.
I'm in Old Fort Ghostbusters right?

About that time the mailmen bring in another pair of boxes that they drop nearby before they leave.

Jeremy looks around rubbing his hands. I always wanted to mail myself! This was fun! I wonder if...

Julia Look at this mess!!! Who are you anyway?!

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 217/217 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 256/256 @
Roy O'Dowd: 355/355 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 289/289
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 584/584

Julia Dunst: 49/49

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy gives the man a strange look then for a moment stands there tapping his chin "Oi, whys the name Spangler sound so familiar?" he says out loud. "Don't worry about the mess I'll make sure he cleans up his mess Julia. Oi' Mr. Spangler what kinda strange bloke mails himself? Yes you are here at the Old Fort GB HQ. What were ya thinkin' mailin' yerself like that? Lucky ya didn't end up on yer head."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac just glares at Jeremy. Walking over and looking at the other contents of the crate.

Scott308

#28 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel looks at Roy. Spangler? Egon Spangler? One of the original Ghostbusters?

Lionel walks over to Jeremy and shakes his hand. Lionel Williams. Pleased to meet you. But, why the hell did you mail yourself? What's wrong with getting a plane ticket? Anyway, why exactly are you here?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy slaps himself with the palm of a hand "Egon! my god I am an idiot. You're related to Egon?" he says looking at Jeremy "Well you still should clean up your mess. Julia's been through enough already."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker half-hears the commotion in the reception area, but ignores it.
[5d6]=12 ghost [1d6]=3
AC/DC riffs echo as "Yıldırım çarpması " comes on.
FA FO

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by Taaz »

Jason carefully pulls all of his resources together from what he learned with the witches and examines the footage, incantations and supplies.
Occult: [6d6]=25 Ghost:[1d6]=3 BP: [5d6]=18

Chance: [1d100]=95

I believe this is enough but wanted to make sure before I go on

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
September 17, 2018 9:15am

Urson wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:59 pmJoker half-hears the commotion in the reception area, but ignores it.
[5d6]=12 ghost [1d6]=3
Joker scrutinizes his data from the night before as well as his other notes. Using Roy's new interface certainly helps and with a few adjustments and short (and by short I mean staggering) calculations, Joker fires up the field generator and whirls to life. There is nothing at first and then Everyone's PKE equipment registers the change and chirps as the new field is generated around the Firehouse in a roughly 30-yard radius in all directions from the generator itself. The frequency is the polar match to that of what you measured for Kindle and should deflect anything matching his signal from getting through. In theory... But it is a good theory.
Taaz wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:06 pmJason carefully pulls all of his resources together from what he learned with the witches and examines the footage, incantations, and supplies.

Occult: [6d6]=25 Ghost:[1d6]=3 BP: [5d6]=18

Chance: [1d100]=95
Jason is able to use his knowledge base in the occult to gather up all the proper implements for mimicking Kelly's ritual from the night before. His notes are good ones, and despite the difficulty of this sort of thing, he is able to duplicate the ritual and soon his tuning fork it vibrating just as Kelly's was before with the same low tone.

Lionel reminds a still under-caffeinated Roy why the name Spangler should sound so familiar but everyone seems to agree that Jeremy needs to clean up after himself.

Mac seems upset at Jeremy's entrance and how it seems to be upsetting Julia, though, it is the least mopy she has been since last night, so there is that... He moves over to the other crates and a little investigating he sees a suspicious nail and with a simple press...

Bang! the crates begin opening up by themselves just like the first one did that contained Jeremy. Moving the lid aside, there is plenty of packing peanuts as before, and within...

6 Brand new Proton Packs. Not the used refurbished ones you have had since the start, but still in the packaging, fresh from production packs.
1424_6775088450.jpg
1424_6775088450.jpg (62.05 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Jeremy wades out of the packing peanuts with the excitement of someone half his size... and age. He is grinning like a kid at Christmas. That is the newest generation in Spangler Tech! I call them the Pheonix Pack. Technically they are SP-v208, but Pheonix sounds cooler.
They come with some added goodies. I thought your team could be some of the first to try them out in the field, what with all the innovations coming out of here. I thought you would be the perfect team to test them out.
he looks to gauge your reactions. I also packed up some of our other experi... he coughs. Updated gear. The new Muon Traps and some new PKE gear.

In other words, Merry Christmas 2021! I hope this will make up for by sporadic comings and goings on the forum, but like everything else, this will all serve a purpose as well.

Julia Kicks as the packing peanuts and something goes clank! and she yelps, jumping back. Something whirls to life inside the peanuts and begins moving around in there...

Rothgar the big and admittedly until now forgotten cat comes out of hiding to investigate. Perhaps thinking it is one of the big mice he has been living off of in the Firehouse... the guys would have noticed practically all evidence of rodents have disappeared...

Whatever it is, beeps loudly and the big cat screeches and pulls back. What comes out of the pile of peanuts looks like a roomba on steroids. It beeps and whistles, and begins unfolding itself into a roughly 3x1 foot cylinder with flashing lights. The top section opens about 1 inch and inside are a pair of yellow eyes the spin around a few times before it begins cleaning up the packing peanuts from the floor, appearing to whistle a tune as it does no less.

Jeremy Oh, don't worry about the packing peanuts. He'll clean it up!

Brownie Point Spending:
Jason = -5bp
Joker -1

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 212/217 @@
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 583/584

Scott308

#33 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel picks up one of the new proton packs, trying it on for size. New gear- sweet! Thank you, Mr. Spangler!

Seeing the cat is nervous with the appearance of the robovac, Lionel tries calming him down. It's Ok, kitty, it won't bother you. Looking at Jeremy, he attempts to verify that statement. It won't bother him, right?

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Taaz »

Jason triple checks his work and to his armature eye everything seems to be holding. I think this should have it, he says to himself as he puts away the excess supplies. At least now we have a realtively safe enviroment to talk about... he pauses a second looking around at nothing in particular...Kindle. And glances around. Whew, He makes his way to the lobby and shouts Hey Good news I think I have us a secure place all warded against, you know who, so who feels like pizza? My and he takes in the packs, Jermey, the robot and everything happening ...treat?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rex »

Mac

"That is handy, does it do dishes too?"
He grins as he watches the robot scoop up the garbage.

GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy nods to Mr. Spangler "Good work Spangler. Nice robot. These are some pretty nice upgraded packs mate." he says picking up a pack and a trap "So tell me what did you think of our generator and app?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Urson »

Joker
The music stops suddenly. Joker joins the others, a big smile on his face. I've done it. We now have a containment field for The Big Bad.
He stops, taking in the chaos. He immediately gravitates to the proton packs. Excellent! I hope you will send me the plans, so I can repair them as needed.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Bluehorse »

Back @ HQ
September 17, 2018 9:20am

Jeremy grins at the little robot. I call him Fred. It's short for Free-acting Robotic Everything Drone. Basically... it kind of works somewhere between an assistant and a pet. Handy to have around when you forget things like sweeping up and the like... about then the little robot moves over to a spot near the wall and whirls, a panel opening up and a compressed cube of packing peanuts is expelled against the wall. He continues like this, neatly stacking the blocks as he cleans not unlike a hay baler if you have ever seen one in action. Fred will make sure all this is cleaned up and stacked for you. The packing peanuts are made of corn starch, so you can take them a brick at a time and just rinse them down the sink after soaking them a bit...

Oh! Glad you like the packs! It is the latest series of upgrades to the older version. So... the stream is more concentrated, meaning that the stream doesn't wander nearly as much as before, it is a bit more of a beam. Still not perfect, but should make them more accurate. Also, there is this!
he gets excited and moves over to Lionel and points out some of the new buttons and switches. The lab is really wanting to move to something more modern with a touch screen, but I just think there is something to be said for something you can work with your hands like a switch, you know? Plus it looks like something from Buck Rogers! What was I talking about? Oh yeah! So this switch, when flipped, makes the pack cycle a full charge into a single blast. We call it a Boson Dart! So picture this... you are trying to take out something that is very high scale on the PKE rating. It needs something to pack a punch and reduce its footprint, right? That can take time with holding it in a standard stream, but you hit it with a couple of these, BAM! You reduce him down quick! Your pack has to go straight to a cooling cycle though, so you have to be smart and accurate about using them. Translation: Hit them with a Boson Dart, you get the full 30seconds of stream in one instant, then have a turn where you wait for the cooling cycle, and you can fire again. In-game time to take down PKE by holding a ghost is doubled in that time, even with the cool off. Oh, but keep them away from people... We are working on a safety mechanism but... there was an incident... and um... Well, ever seen what happens to a hotdog when you put it in the microwave too long? Pretty much that... So... be careful!

The next goodie is this one... he presses another button under a protective switch and when he does, They see several louvers open up and pieces extend from inside and blue lights begin lighting up, and the Cyclotron changes to a blue color as well. This is a Dark Matter Generator! Powered right through the existing mechanics! This gathers the finite invisible Dark Matter particles and projects them through the Neutrona Wand, either in high-damage shotgun-like blasts to quickly disperse entities weaker entities, or as a condensed order-reversing beam to slow or even paralyze spectral entities for easier capture. You see, we found out that you can compound PKE with a larger concentration of Dark Matter and it temporarily turns the PKE resonance on our plane of assistance into a solid, three-dimensional object. It quickly breaks down though, so keep that in mind. The shotgun action can also disperse weaker entities altogether.

Then if you do this...
he presses something and the switch for the Black Matter feature automatically flips back and the whole device goes back to "normal" but a tube rises out of the top of the pack filled with green fluid. The Cyclotron likewise switches from blue, to red, and then to green. The secondary cylinder beside the neutrino wand lights up and Jeremy grins. This is the Plasm Distribution System (Slime Blower Mk. II) he says the second part almost as an aside. We found that we could concentrate the posi-charge slime and run it past the same generator as the beam to charge it on the way out. Saves time weight so you always have a slime blower on hand when you need it. It also does this! he aims the wand/blower at the side of one of the crates and... well... it looks like a big booger shoots from the blower to the crate, and man that is one long string of green... he then aims it at the wall and shoots the other end of the string at the wall. The slime quickly begins to contract and the crate begins dragging over towards the wall. Fred has squeals and moves out of the way. You can use the boson dart trigger with the slime blower and you get what we termed a slime-tether. I discovered this function in the lab! he grins. You can't help but wonder if discovered means accidentally found. The crate keeps dragging towards the wall until it is almost against it when the slime seems to lose cohesion and splatters just as it dissolves.

Fred makes a series of angry beeps and goes back to work. The squares of packing peanuts are stacking up nice and the floor is almost clear!

Before anyone can stop him he flips something else. The tube retracts and there are a few sparks that fly out of random points on the back. There is a loud sizzling sound accompanying the cyclotron now as it lights up bright yellow/orange, what looks like several capacitors light up on the back as well as the wand, and a pair of antenna sprout out the top and make what looks like a Jacobs Ladder, sizzling with arcs of energy. This one is a lot of fun! So one of the complaints we got over the years is when someone comes across more... undead entities, like zombies and ghouls, you know, stuff like that! This is for those... it is more, substantial. It's a Composite Particle System! It is good for taking out more physically present entities, and it packs a punch! Oh yeah... Make sure everyone is standing clear when you shoot this... we had an accident in the lab and... Well... took a few weeks but he could sit again. One more skin graft and.... Well, you get the idea!

Since you have full booklets etc on what these do, here is the main link for all the "research" that went into making these new packs. I hope you enjoy them!

https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Pr ... ic_Version

More links to the individual features are at the bottom of the page by the same names I listed here.

Joker made it in just in time for the demonstration and when he ask about manuals for the equipment, Jeremy nods. Of course! and hands over a binder after digging it out of the crate. It is clearly an older manual but with many newer pages printed off and inserted, maybe a few too many sticky notes inside the covers once you start going through it... it certainly looks less professional than what usually comes out of GBI... in fact, looking at the new packs, you notice there are some things that look... off. There are jumper cables being used as connections, and... is that duct tape? They look more like the kind of gizmos you see in a lab, sure, but not really off the production line. This actually bears more resemblance to the kind of field hack gadget like Joker's initial field generator than ready-to-use gear. Urson: viewtopic.php?p=449873#p449873

Jason also gets to see the demonstration after making his quick announcement about creating a magical protection around the firehouse, he and Joker of course unknowingly complement each other's work.

Mac seems impressed with Fred, and when he ask about can it do dishes, the little robot pauses in his work and makes a slow whistle before bobbing up and down and giving a series of shorter whistles. It then returns to finish up its work and before anyone really realizes it, what with the pack being demonstrated (but thankfully not actually fired other than the Slime-Tether).

Julia seems uneasy with the pack being demonstrated as if she is convinced the hyperactive Jeremy might blow up the lobby at any moment. She is much more interested in Fred either way. Does he come in any other colors?

Rothgar the big cat finds the entire proceedings beneath his high standards of polite society and puts his nose and tail in the air before making a dignified stroll out of the lobby to find mice.

Jeremy seems to feel he has made a suitable demonstration of the packs and moves over to grab a Muon Trap. So one o four guys at the main lab came up with an upgrade to make the traps hold multiple ghosts at one time. It cuts down on needing to carry so many to each job.
We increased the cycle rate and overall capacity. We've done some initial tests and had a lot of success since Dr. Muon's incident and made some great progress on his prototype. These are some of the first put into production since then.
The trap itself looks relatively the same other than some extra bulk on the sides. You could almost mistake them for normal traps. But this, he takes out a set of ecto goggles. Are the real trick. So everyone knows you are not supposed to look at the open track and that the goggles help protect you from that. Well, we added a control to this setup. Your goggles can sync to your trap now via a Bluetooth signal and with this knob... he shows a knob on the side of the goggles. You can adjust the cone from the trap to be narrower and more intense, or wider to grab multiple entities at the same time. Makes you wish you had the third hand, right?

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 212/217 @@
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 583/584

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy a bit annoyed to be overlooked at his question by Jeremy just focues on the new gear "Uh wait wouldnt that be Fared not Fred then?" then focusing on the other items being rambled off "Woah woah wait there mister Spangler, Dark mater? Is that safe? Isn't Dark Mater very bad to play with like something even I wouldn't mess with?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:47 am Roy a bit annoyed to be overlooked at his question
Doh! Been writing this over 2 days and it wasnt jeremy, it was me. Will post up for Roy as soon as i can. Sorry, buddy

Return to “Ghostbusters RPG”