The Low Lantern

hedgeknight
alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

Re: The Low Lantern

#21 Post by alchemy »

Mother fuckers! Ostis shouts. then he makes for the one who threw the tankard at him.

OOC: Pummel the guy who hit him. Go ahead and roll for me. I wouldn't know where to start on a pummel.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by hedgeknight »

alchemy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:12 pm OOC: Pummel the guy who hit him. Go ahead and roll for me. I wouldn't know where to start on a pummel.
Just make a normal attack roll and then bludgeoning damage is 1d6 + your STR modifier.
Winter is coming...
alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

#23 Post by alchemy »

Attack=8; Damage=10

Nice Damage roll - to bad the attack roll sucked.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by hedgeknight »

alchemy wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:49 am Attack=8; Damage=10

Nice Damage roll - to bad the attack roll sucked.
In the future, please use the Dice Roller > you can copy and paste your rolls right into your post. ;)
Winter is coming...
alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by alchemy »

I thought that's what I did.
smithy211
Runner
Runner

#26 Post by smithy211 »

Vier'zt laughs at the bartenders comments, as he had been thinking the same thing. "Brave or foolish... not sure which my friend."

Nearly as soon as they take seats, the argument begins, and then the mug hits Ostis, "They're drunk, perhaps we can use that... rather, avoid fighting which would draw more attention to us than we need right now. I'll deal with the one who threw the mug, you get the watchman, the dealer looks nervois." but diplomacy had flown out the window. Ostis had already attacked the sailor, VIer'zt moved to keep the watchman and the third man in place. Ostis and the sailor could sort their differences.

Looking at the sweaty man, Vier'zt paused, giving him a once over, "You seem nervous friend... surely this little altercation hasn't gotten you this worked up. Anything you need to tell us? Before the bouncers come throw you on your ass in the street?"
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:13 pm "I said, you look a little wobbly."
Tommy nods and sets the glass down, grabbing for the table and missing. He staggers but Laraelra catches him and helps him to the bed.
"There we are. Take a little 'cat' nap and I'll come back and check on you later."
Tommy reaches for his magic, for a weapon, but the weight on the back of his eyelids is too strong and the last thing he sees before slipping into unconsciousness is her smile.
He failed by 1. ;)
ah man, sure she was worth it ;) just let me know when i can react or do something
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by Belkregos »

Belkregos wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:56 am
hedgeknight wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:13 pm "I said, you look a little wobbly."
Tommy nods and sets the glass down, grabbing for the table and missing. He staggers but Laraelra catches him and helps him to the bed.
"There we are. Take a little 'cat' nap and I'll come back and check on you later."
Tommy reaches for his magic, for a weapon, but the weight on the back of his eyelids is too strong and the last thing he sees before slipping into unconsciousness is her smile.
He failed by 1. ;)
ah man, sure she was worth it ;) just let me know when i can react or do something
ah! just double checked on the roll, tommy's got a +4 to con saves, +2 for ability modifier and +2 for having proficiency on constitution saves,
its fine as it is though, if he fell asleep or is playing possum is up to you, whatever flows better with the story's cool
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by hedgeknight »

Belkregos wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:59 am ah! just double checked on the roll, tommy's got a +4 to con saves, +2 for ability modifier and +2 for having proficiency on constitution saves,
its fine as it is though, if he fell asleep or is playing possum is up to you, whatever flows better with the story's cool
Damn dude, I missed the proficiency modifier :oops:

Cussing and fussing, the bartender is about to call the bouncers when Laraelra emerges from her room.
"What the hell is going on? The kitty is sleeping and you buggers are out here causing a commotion! I won't have it! You're not busting up the place. I'll throw all your asses out in the harbor!"

She glares at Ostis and then at the three men playing dice, and then at Vier'zt.
"Now, what happened?"

Back in Laraelra's private quarters...
Tommy opens one eye and looks around. He felt a little queasy so thought he would go along with Laraelra's suggestion and take a "cat nap."
He hears the commotion out in the main taproom. But the door is closed...
Winter is coming...
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:49 pm Back in Laraelra's private quarters...
Tommy opens one eye and looks around. He felt a little queasy so thought he would go along with Laraelra's suggestion and take a "cat nap."
He hears the commotion out in the main taproom. But the door is closed...
Tommy stretches his muscles his mind still going over the details of the encounter and trying to make the moment last, then starts to put on his trousers as he does he looks around and his curiosity wins him over, he starts to look at the details of the room and if there's anything interesting, he wont take anything but is looking for information (at least that's the current intention ;) )

Perception: [1d20+4]=13+4=17

he reaches out with his mind to Ostis
still working here, let me know if things get out of control
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by hedgeknight »

Belkregos wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:42 pm Tommy stretches his muscles his mind still going over the details of the encounter and trying to make the moment last, then starts to put on his trousers as he does he looks around and his curiosity wins him over, he starts to look at the details of the room and if there's anything interesting, he wont take anything but is looking for information (at least that's the current intention ;) )
Perception: [1d20+4]=13+4=17

This cabin is full of mismatched wooden furniture, including a bed (which amazingly doesn't creak very much) with posts carved to resemble mermaids, a nightstand, a wardrobe, a writing desk with a fur-draped chair, and a small dining table surrounded by four plain chairs. Near the foot of the bed rests an ornately carved sea chest sealed with a padlock.
Winter is coming...
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:41 am This cabin is full of mismatched wooden furniture, including a bed (which amazingly doesn't creak very much) with posts carved to resemble mermaids, a nightstand, a wardrobe, a writing desk with a fur-draped chair, and a small dining table surrounded by four plain chairs. Near the foot of the bed rests an ornately carved sea chest sealed with a padlock.
still trying to pay attention to the commotion outside he eyes the chest's padlock and weights if he should risking forcing the padlock but decides now might be too early for that option, he moves to the desk looking for a key or clues (among writings, any key or pieces of the shield) making sure to minimize any disturbance to the contents
smithy211
Runner
Runner

#33 Post by smithy211 »

Vier'zt gives a polite half bow to Lararia, "Apologies, the gentlemen playing dice seem to have had a disagreement and some of your drinkware was tossed, seems to have found it's way to this fellows face. I am trying to... find out the origins of the argument and resolve the situation. Your bouncers seemed uninterested in stepping in, if I have over stepped, I am truly sorry." Vier'zt cuts his deep purple eyes back at the one who'd remained quiet, but sweaty.
alchemy
Tracker
Tracker

#34 Post by alchemy »

That fucker about broke my nose! After blowing snot out his nostrils, he addedI'm gonna beat the piss outta him!

[1d20+5]=19+5=24 Intimidation
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by hedgeknight »

The Captain's Room...
Tommy resists the temptation of the sea chest, and instead hurries to the desk. On top of the desk is what looks like a calendar, along with a log book opened to reflect orders of beer, ale, alcohol and food. A few pages on there is a list of bouncers and their pay. A quill and ink well rest near the ledger.
There is a drawer on either side of the desk. The drawer on the right holds a bottle of rum and a few glasses. The drawer on the left...is locked.

In the taproom...
Ostis flings bloody snot and insults at the man who hit him with the mug. That fucker broke my nose!
The man known as Hitoshi Jade holds up his trembling hands.
"I-I missed, my friend. I-I was aiming for Skadric. I-I'm sor...please accept my apologies."
Laraelra smiles. "See? He apologized."
Vier'zt steps in with a bow and tries to explain what he witnessed. He give the sweaty, quiet man a glare as he talks, but the man won't return his gaze. Your bouncers seemed uninterested in stepping in, if I have over stepped, I am truly sorry.
"Well, they only engage when there are serious threats." Laraelra says, giving Vier'zt the once over. "You've been coming here a lot lately. Friends with Beldan and Aerith, I see."

"I'm gonna beat the piss outta him!" Ostis suddenly snarls, watching Hitoshi Jade turn another shade of pale at the barbarian's wrath.
"Well, not in my place you're not!" Laraelra says, spinning to face Ostis. "You bust up my place, and my men are gonna break more than your nose. I suggest you chill the fuck out!"
"I'd pay good coin to see that fight," Skadric throws in, crossing his arms with a grin.
"I'm in fer 20 gold on the barbarian!" pipes in a surly looking grey Dwarf, who is slightly cross-eyed. His grin reveals yellowed, broken teeth; his greasy beard dotted with crumbs and perhaps worse.

"I'll take that wager, Grimboot." says a commanding voice.
Turning, you see a tall, well-dressed man standing there. His clothes are immaculate and his features handsome. He has the bearing of a man of high standing.
Amrik Vanthampur.jpg
Amrik Vanthampur.jpg (7.66 KiB) Viewed 650 times

"Amrik, I don't think this..." Laraelra begins before the man silences her with a hand.
"I'm not paying you to think, dear one. And besides, I'm bored and could use a bit of sport." He leers at her, but she turns away.
"Let's go topside. Wouldn't want to get blood on the Captain's good floors, now would we?"
Winter is coming...
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:38 pm The Captain's Room...
Tommy resists the temptation of the sea chest, and instead hurries to the desk. On top of the desk is what looks like a calendar, along with a log book opened to reflect orders of beer, ale, alcohol and food. A few pages on there is a list of bouncers and their pay. A quill and ink well rest near the ledger.
There is a drawer on either side of the desk. The drawer on the right holds a bottle of rum and a few glasses. The drawer on the left...is locked.
Tommy shakes the handle of the locked drawer as his curiosity begins to get the best of him, he looks through his pockets looking for his pick tools and tries to quietly open the drawer

OOC: tommy is proficient in thieves tools from his urchin background

thieves tools: [1d20+5]=7+5=12
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by hedgeknight »

Belkregos wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:20 pm Tommy shakes the handle of the locked drawer as his curiosity begins to get the best of him, he looks through his pockets looking for his pick tools and tries to quietly open the drawer
thieves tools: [1d20+5]=7+5=12
Using his thieves tools, Tommy quickly goes to work on the locked drawer. Intent on doing this as fast as possible so as not to get caught, the Tabaxi is not as cautious as he should be...and instead of the satisfied sound of the inner lock being turned, a small needle darts out and sticks Tommy between his middle and ring fingers (1 hp damage).
He jerks his hand back and notes the tiny drop of blood welling up through his fur...and then suddenly, it feels as if someone has punched him in the stomach, and he knows he's been poisoned...again!

Roll a CON save!
Winter is coming...
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:10 pm He jerks his hand back and notes the tiny drop of blood welling up through his fur...and then suddenly, it feels as if someone has punched him in the stomach, and he knows he's been poisoned...again!

Roll a CON save!
he pulls his hand quickly holding it at the wrist trying to slow the blood flow, curses to himself as he remembers this is why he stopped doing this, then examines the small wound and popping a claw from his paw he makes a slightly bigger cut on the site to start a bit of a blood flow in the opposite direction, cleans himself as he gets up to walk to the bed trying to feel if the symptoms will make him pass out,
shakes his head and mutters
"it is what it is"

con save: [1d20+4]=16+4=20

sits there for a moment looking at the door trying to breath slowly and calm himself down and hopes he wont pass out

looks at the chest at the foot of the bed now sure it will have a worst trap, then back at the drawer the question of what could be in there gnawing at him... "maybe the key is in there", "maybe there is an antidote", "maybe there is a piece of the shield", "maybe there is a treasure map" maybe, maybe, maybe

ooc: if he survives, im not sure if he can try again to unlock the drawer?
smithy211
Runner
Runner

#39 Post by smithy211 »

Vier'zt sighed, this had escalated quite fast, he glanced at his two drow associates, hoping for some indication of their thoughts on the matter at hand. He gave them a quick nod towards the door the well dressed man demanding a fight take place had came from. Perhaps they could search it while they were all outside.

"If there is to be a fight, my money, is on the barbarian as well... you spilled a brand new beer of his after all. Outside then, shall we?"

Vier'zt pulled his hood down over his face, shielding his eyes a bit from the haze restricted glare of the sun, he wasn't used to it yet.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by hedgeknight »

Tommy's head and heart feels like they are about to explode from the poison his internal system is trying to expunge from his body. Taking deep breaths, so as not to pass out, a minute or two passes, and he realizes he is going to be alright. However, he keeps looking at the drawer, and thinking about the chest at the foot of the bed...should it give the drawer another try? Or the chest?

With Vier'zt's offering to lay bets as well, the well-dressed man, Amrik, leads the group outside...which is bolstered by a half-dozen patrons who just want to see something entertaining...and which gives them an excuse to gamble. Laraelra rolls her eyes and looks at the bartender. "If the kitty cat wakes up, let me know."

Out of the deck, the fog is so thick it limits visibility to about six feet; beyond that, things are really hazy. And it is cloudy and quite dark as well for early afternoon. Still, there is plenty of room on deck for Ostis and Hitoshi to move around. The look on Hitoshi's face speaks plainly that he doesn't want to do this. In fact, he says, "If I don't report to work..."
"Then I will personally send a note to the Irlentree family about your demise," Amrik says with a chuckle. "Now, what will it be? Fists or blades? First blood or unconsciousness?"
"Or death?" says Grimboot, the grey dwarf.

"Don't matter. Either way, I'm gonna beat the shit out of this pissant!" Ostis says, growling like an angry bear and looking ready to kill something. He currently doesn't have a weapon in hand, but his battle axe is strapped to his back. He's just waiting for the signal; his breathing is heavy and his eyes are bloodshot.
Knowing he doesn't stand a chance against the barbarian empty-handed, Hitoshi draws a scimitar from his back and a curved dagger from his belt. He takes a couple of deep breaths, murmurs something to his god, and squares off. There is a last call for bets to be placed...

(Does Vier'zt plan on doing anything before this begins? If not...I'm gonna roll!)
Winter is coming...

Return to “Adventures in Baldur's Gate (5e)”