First Night

ybn1197
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

Re: First Night

#21 Post by Lance »

ybn1197 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:23 pm FYI, Diff on this was "4" so go ahead and roll 1 more dice for damage. Remember, the first success means you hit and can do STR damage. The other successes add to the pool. So you have 4 successes but only 3 are added to the damage. Damage diff remains 6.
Right, I forgot, sorry!

Extra die: 1d10 7
An extra success!
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by shaidar »

Leo notices something up near the ceiling by the door. His fists clench and a look of anger flickers over his face before he recovers his composure.

"Cameras. The bastards are watching us. I'm starting to get really tired of this."

Assuming that Odin has had some success in forcing the door, but it still holds, then Leo will add his strength to the attempt:

STR+BRAWL: 8#1d10: 8 # 1 [1d10=1] 4 [1d10=4] 3 [1d10=3] 10 [1d10=10] 5 [1d10=5] 2 [1d10=2] 5 [1d10=5] 9 [1d10=9]

I'm assuming the 1 and 10 cancel each other out. Also assuming a difficulty of 4 so 4 success, so 3 additional damage die

STR+3 DMG: 7#1d10: 7 # 5 [1d10=5] 4 [1d10=4] 8 [1d10=8] 4 [1d10=4] 2 [1d10=2] 6 [1d10=6] 3 [1d10=3]
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rex »

William

William will search around and try and find all the cameras, destroying them as he goes.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:15 pm William

William will search around and try and find all the cameras, destroying them as he goes.
Alerted to their presence, William is able to locate four cameras, one in each corner, and destroy them. Using brute force, Leo and Odin are able to shoulder their way into opening the door.

As everyone piles out of the frozen holding cell, you find yourself in a kitchen that is bright, reasonably clean, and it features the type of equipment you’d expect in a high-end restaurant, and you think that’s where you are. The contrast with the meat locker you just exited may give you pause. As your eyes look for an exit, you find two: there’s a set of doors that no doubt leads to the main room of the restaurant, and a side door with a green emergency exit sign.

For the Moor.
You recognize this place as a restaurant known as The Enchanted, an upscale restaurant, which has remained closed for the past two or three months with no clear explanation.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

William

"Keep your eye open for cameras, I am sure there are more around."

He moves over and checks out the door with the exit sign, looking for cameras as he goes.
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Lance »

Odin grumbles "Oh, great, another kitchen with another exit sign! At least this one's not on fire!" with a glance at Julia. He tries to calm himself as he assesses his surroundings. "I expected a welcoming party. We weren't exactly subtle with our exit. Thanks for the assist, by the way." He nods towards Leo, then continues towards to restaurant entrance, to check for anyone coming.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

"Nice work on the door. Everyone, take a hook if you'd like." He looks around the kitchen and decor and thinks he recognizes the place. "I think this is The Enchanted. A nice restaurant. It's been closed for a few months now."

The fog is lifting a bit now and he's able to think a bit clearer. "Cameras and no guards. In a nice place. Don't know about you, but I suspect our captors are waiting inside the dining room."

He looks around for some mirrors or stainless to check his appearance and tidy up. Judging from the others, he must look a mess.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by shaidar »

Leo nods back to Odin and shakes his head at the offer of a hook by David

"I prefer my fists. Let's hit the dining room, I really want to speak to whoever is behind this"
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Lance »

shaidar wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 pm Leo nods back to Odin and shakes his head at the offer of a hook by David

"I prefer my fists. Let's hit the dining room, I really want to speak to whoever is behind this"
"Fists didn't do much last time." Odin takes a hook and follows Leo to the door.
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#30 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

"What are they going to do? Kill us again?" Julia snipes, acknowledging what the others haven't yet. "If they wanted us really dead, they would have already finished the job."

At that, the fledgling vampire stalks purposefully towards the dining area, not bothering to pick up anything that could be used as a weapon or caring about any consequences.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

William

William follows along, "Not worried about weapons, I suspect they have us out gunned."
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by ybn1197 »

As you proceed towards the door leading into the dining room, you all hear the sound of a toilet flushing. Though the sound is as clear as if you were standing there, you know by tone and direction that the sound is emanating from the far side of the kitchen away from you. Tucked in the back, concealed by a rack of cookware you see a small white door. The door opens and a young man walks out, busily humming to himself while tucking the bottom of his uniform shirt into the top of his uniform slacks, the jingle of a ring of keys hanging from his belt along with the gray and black of his uniform cement the idea that he is some form of rent-a-cop. You hear his heart pumping the only thing that could sate your thirst. You see his veins bulge with the red ambrosia, beckoning you.

Additional description courtesy of Lance. :lol:
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by shaidar »

Leo rushes over to the rent-a-cop and grabs him by the throat, doing his best to ignore the calling of the blood just below his fingertips, he demands "Where are the fuckers who locked us in here?"

not sure what I'd need to roll so here is a brawl roll

8#1d10: 8 # 10 [1d10=10] 4 [1d10=4] 1 [1d10=1] 5 [1d10=5] 3 [1d10=3] 3 [1d10=3] 1 [1d10=1] 10 [1d10=10]

not a great set of rolls :confused:
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#34 Post by Gremlin »

While Leo assaults the guard, Julia continues to the threshold to the dining room, not crossing it yet but looking in to see if anyone is in there.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rex »

William

William continues towards the dinning room.
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by ybn1197 »

shaidar wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:30 pm Leo rushes over to the rent-a-cop and grabs him by the throat, doing his best to ignore the calling of the blood just below his fingertips, he demands "Where are the fuckers who locked us in here?"
You have one success so I will rule that you have successfully grabbed him by the throat.

"I... I... I have no idea who you are talking about. Who are you guys? What are you doing here? No one is supposed to be here. Please man, ...it's only my first night on the job," he stutters and pleads with Leo.
Rex wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:41 pmWilliam continues towards the dinning room.
Gremlin wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:05 pmWhile Leo assaults the guard, Julia continues to the threshold to the dining room, not crossing it yet but looking in to see if anyone is in there.
Looking through the circular window in one of the doors, Julia doesn't see anyone. Though given the lack of light in the room it does not come as a surprise. She can see some tables and chairs near the door however they are draped with cloth in order to keep dust off them and preserve them like some old house which has been empty for years.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by shaidar »

Leo

Smelling the fear coming off of the guard, Leo initially feels sorry for the guy and growls "Some guard you are. Some fuckers locked us in the freezer". The feeling is quickly overcome by the sound of the mans pounding heart and the blood flowing through his veins, and Leo starts to feel a growing hunger that he's not sure he can control...

Self Control:
2#1d10: 2 # 10 [1d10=10] 8 [1d10=8]

He pushes the guard away and backs off "How do we get the hell out of here?"

two very good rolls, so I've assumed success, I can always retcon if wrong
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

The Moor finds himself with an unusual emotion: jealously. That guard should be in his grasp. As Leo grabs him by the neck, David sees and smells the fear coming from the guard.

Disgusted by his feelings and inaction, and trying to respect the rightful capture by Leo, David turns back to the dining room and pushes the door open into the darkness.

He calls out to the dining room "Can we stop this game?"
Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#39 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Not seeing anything of note in the dining room, Julia turns back to the struggling guard. In a threatening tone she says, "There were security cameras set up in this place. You're the security guard, tell me where the access to the camera feed is."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rex »

William

William follows the Moor into the dinning room. Ever alert.

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”