Chapter 3: Third time's the charm

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 3: Third time's the charm

#181 Post by Dogma »

Here is what I see for loot and how we should handle it right now....

Claimed
Ruby- Solaine
Holy Symbol- Solaine
Sword - Randolpho
Lock picks - Randolpho or Steel
Chainmail - Emm?

unclaimed but should grab now
Comfrey - Galen?
75 gold - ?

unclaimed - grab later after exploring alter and take back to safe room
2 water skins
rations
Blanket
leather armor
Blanket
50 ft rope
hammer & spikes
Flint & steel
Shield
Flail - did someone already grab this?
5 torches
2 back pakcs
2 belt pouches

2 bodies
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Zorroroaster »

Yeaj, that looks good. No point dragging the extra stuff just yet. Let's see what the altar room might have to offer and then drag the bodies back to the Orc room just to say we did.

Torgyr stows the gold away safely. "I'll hang onto the coin, to be split evenly later. Galan, grab these herbs, you might have need of them soon."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by drpete »

Just a note... there were a total of 125 gp (50 in one pouch, 75 in the other). I'll plan to update a little later today your going down to the Chapel Room. I don't thinks that move directly conflicts with the decisions about this equipment, but just fyi.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#184 Post by kalstone »

Solaine will pick up and examine the leather armor to see if it is lighter or more well made than normal (i.e. magical).
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by drpete »

kalstone wrote:Solaine will pick up and examine the leather armor to see if it is lighter or more well made than normal (i.e. magical).
As people are thinking about what to do about the items, Solaine strips the clothes off of the dead woman and holds them up, thinking about whether the leathers are better or worse than her current outfit. She notes that the woman's leather armor is a bloodstained, but it is dyed black, which is kind of nice, since the blood doesn't show much. The leather would probably wash off, too. It has some designs lightly etched into the leather, but they are not especially professional... likely just some embellishment made to them by the dead woman. Still, overall, the armor does seem nice, though she doesn't notice anything that makes her think it's magical.

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#186 Post by bobloblah »

Brother Galen will take the comfrey.

"I agree with the mechanist. We should probably make certain they do not come back to haunt us. Or kill us."
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#187 Post by kalstone »

Solaine leaves the leather armor next to the fallen woman. "It's a hard fate for those who died so valiantly, but I agree."
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#188 Post by Dogma »

"Suit yourselves, but I have no plans on helping you chop them up. Seems a waste of time to me and I don't want the blood all over me. If you're really worried, we could just drop them off outside the entrance and let the wyverns take care of the mess. Nothing left to rise from then dead."
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Zorroroaster »

"Or haunt us and then kill us. Ranulf has a good suggestion. How long will it take to dismember and destroy the corpses here versus taking them out into the cold? If the wyvern won't take them, at least they'll freeze and not attract vermin, large or small. Then again, we'd be getting into the wyvern feeding business, as it's already gobbled up some of our crew. We might find it hanging around the entrance looking for a handout more often than not."

"A third option. Behead them and put the corpses in the dusty storage room, spiking the door shut. Then we mount the heads somewhere prominent so that the denizens of this place get the picture they shouldn't mess with us. I know it's a bit of gruesome theatre, but it might keep those little devils we nearly tangled with off our backs. It won't win us any favours with the other adventurers, though. Should they return."
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#190 Post by kalstone »

Solaine says, "It's odd being the squeamish one, but I feel that to mount their heads would disrespect these fallen warriors. We could spend hours here debating this. Why don't we check out the chapel and then take their bodies back to the orc room? We can decide what to do in the relative safety there."
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by drpete »

Date: Skullmont 13, 12:30 am
Season: Early Fall
Light Sources: Brother Galen (Lantern, 40 minutes remaining), Climent (Lantern, 40 minutes remaining)
Time since rest: 30 minutes
Moon phase: Waxing Gibbous

The group bickers over what to do with the bodies as Emm tries on the chain mail. Finding that the armor fits, she nods that she is ready to move on, though the group has yet to decide what to do about the bodies, as most disposal options seem to have serious drawbacks.

The group heads south down the hallway toward the chapel. The group gets ready and opens the door. The chapel is largely as you left it, with one significant difference... shuffling around near the altar, you see three slow-moving walking corpses. All three are dressed in the archaic clothing of the Thulian Empire... togas and sandals. Two of them look familiar, and you can see several arrows and bolts poking out of them from your previous encounter.

The corpses begin shuffling towards you. Arms outspread. What do you do?

bobloblah
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#192 Post by bobloblah »

"Your fate has finally found you! BEGONE!" intones Brother Galen, presenting his symbol of Tyche.

[1d20] = 1

Jesus H. Christ! That's worse than last time I tried it! Whose luck has run out now?
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#193 Post by kalstone »

Solaine boldly presents the symbol of Mavors and shouts "Flee, filth!"

Turn: [1d20] = 2, [2d6] = 9

Both our gods have forsaken us.
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by Zorroroaster »

Torgyr flicks an annoyed glance towards Solaine and Galen.

"I guess we'll have to do this the old fashioned way."

Initiative: [1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4

Crossbow: Attack (10+): [1d20+2] = 10+2 = 12, Damage: [1d6] = 3
Lamech
Guide
Guide

#195 Post by Lamech »

Steel will drop the water skin he was drinking from and ready his crossbow to fire, taking the first clear shot he can. Couldn't we have had just one more minute!

I think getting a weapon out takes a round.
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by drpete »

Lamech wrote:Steel will drop the water skin he was drinking from and ready his crossbow to fire, taking the first clear shot he can. Couldn't we have had just one more minute!

I think getting a weapon out takes a round.
You're good... I assume that once everyone got ready to go, you wouldn't have just waddled along with a waterskin, Steel would have gotten ready, too.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#197 Post by Dogma »

Ranulf grunts in agreement as he lifts his own crossbow and lets fly at the advancing creatures. Though seeing that a couple of them already have shafts sticking out of them, he's not sure how much good it will actually do.

He'll then drop his crossbow and ready his sword and shield.

Crossbow to hit ([1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21, damage [1d6] = 1
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by drpete »

Though the corpses seemed to ignore the peppering of arrows you gave them before, this time, they go down, and go down fast.

Solaine tries to turn them, but somehow in this desecrated temple, Mavors does not hear her cry directly. Surely, though, his will is acting through Ranulf, whose arbalest (aka, heavy crossbow, damage 1d8+1 for Ranulf) downs one moments later (7 damage!). He follows up with another shot, but that one doesn't connect.

Torgyr and Steel, together bring another one down (3 damage, 7 damage), leaving one still moving forward. Emm and Audi array themselves to intercept it should it get close enough, but Solaine is able to send it back to its rest with a well placed arrow (1 damage). I went into the next round, technically to finish it off.

Whatever brought out these abominations, they are now ... at rest.

What now? In game terms, you have 1 turn left before you "should" rest. (1 turn to go to the corpses, 1 turn searching them for traps, 1 turn going through their stuff, 1 turn fighting these zombies makes 4 turns since your last rest)

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#199 Post by barkman »

(going in to the past, Randolpho would have handed the picks over to steel)

Randolpho, unable to react at the speed of the more veteran adventurers marvels at how fast the undead drop.

Mustering the courage, he will attempt to search the bodies.

"judging by the way they clustered around the altar, does it still have power? Should we destroy it?"

(sorry, was away at a union training event)
drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by drpete »

It's cool... technically, Randolpho was surprised for the opening combat round, which is why he didn't act.

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”