Part 3: Sojourn into the Barrowmaze

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Part 3: Sojourn into the Barrowmaze

#181 Post by imperialus »

Gawain reverses the grip on his sword and uses the pommel like a club trying to bash the skeletons head in but the blade slips in his grasp and almost falls to the ground before he manages to recover his grip.

to hit [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3 Damage [1d8+1] = 8+1 = 9
Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#182 Post by Ludanto »

Mortiganto tries to hook his axe into the thing's bony form and yank it to the ground!
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by ybn1197 »

Round 5
Initiative: Skeletons [1d6] = 4 vs. Players [1d6] = 6

Dren seeing Marcus bleeding heavily, draws his blade and dives into the fight, hoping to at least to draw the skeletons aim.
Pyrrhic stabs at the foe with his spear but once again, the bare bones of the undead monstrosity prove to be an advantage and his aim is not good enough to bring the skeleton down.
Marcus lifts his leg up in front of the skeleton, pushes it away and smashes his short sword along side it's skull
Gawain reverses the grip on his sword and uses the pommel like a club trying to bash the skeletons head in but the blade slips in his grasp and almost falls to the ground before he manages to recover his grip
Mortiganto hooks his axe into the thing's bony form and yanks it to the ground where the evil magic that kept it animated finally disperses and the skeleton breaks into separate pieces.

Combat is concluded.
DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#184 Post by DMStue »

Panting in the post combat flush, Dren glances at Marcus and as he can see that his companion is still in the land of the living, sets about recovering his bolts from the settling skeletons, prodding them gingerly with his sword before trying to recover his ammunition.
Drendan Fallowbriar - Halfling Thief in "Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)"
GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#185 Post by GTan_Baq »

Erinar, human cleric lvl 1

A man walks up from behind you all and says, "Hello all. I heard the sounds of battle from above. The people in Helix said another party was heading here before I left." He pauses, taking in the fallen skeletons, then says, "Do any of you require healing? Forgive me. My name is Erinar Chormanthier and I am a cleric of Pelor. May HIS light shine on you all."
The optimist, "The glass is half full."
The pessimist, "The glass is half empty."
The gamer, "I drink the water; what happens?"

Greed shall be thy undoing!
MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#186 Post by MrHemlocks »

Marcus, rubs the blood from his eyes and glares up at the man coming down the hallway."Mr. Erinar Chormanthier, I do not know who you are or by what means brought you down here but please let's pray together an ask your god, Pelor for his healing graces. I am in need of...."

Marcus, turns his head and looks out into the hall when his eye lids finally fall shut as if to close out the pain that racks his beaten and torn body.
RiotInferno
Guide
Guide

#187 Post by RiotInferno »

"Marcus!"

"I don't presume to know the whims of your God, but you look like a holy man who came to us just in time. Our friend is in dire need, can your god heal him? Once that is over, we can talk of the less important matters, like you joining our motley band."
GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#188 Post by GTan_Baq »

Erinar kneels beside Marcus and lays hands on him and recites the blessing of Pelor "In Mani"
Erinar then says, "There, that should bring him about. We can try another blessing when we are sure he is fine. In the mean time, do any of you have bandages? I have a spare cloak we can tear up and use to bind the remaining wounds. Is anyone else injured?" He looks to each of the others questioningly.
ooc: one cure light wounds marked as used

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#189 Post by MrHemlocks »

Regaining some of his strength and not feeling the pains as much as earlier, Marcus places his back up against the cold Barrowmaze wall and uses it to support his weight as he stands up. Looking at the cleric he smiles. "Thank you for that heal. I do feel much better. Though still bruised and battered I am willing to go onward. Erinar , what brought you down here?"

Waiting for the clerics reply, Marcus go about gather any arrows his shot while fighting these skeletons. "Good job everyone!"

GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#190 Post by GTan_Baq »

Erinar stands and says, "I had heard tales of great fortune to be found here, as well as tales of undead, so I came here for what treasures I could find and a chance to smite evil for the glory of Pelor." He thinks a minute. "Hind sight being what it is; I should have brought liberal amounts of holy water." He looks down and nudges some of the skeletal remains with his boot. "So, since we seem to have a some-what common goal, what say you to my joining you?"

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#191 Post by MrHemlocks »

Smiling at Erinar, Macus nobs his head and offers his hand as a means of friendship. "I have no problem with that. I am called Marcus and glad to have you aboard."
GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#192 Post by GTan_Baq »

Erinar takes Marcus' hand and smiles, "May Pelor bless you. May HE bless all of you."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by ybn1197 »

Marcus and Dren are able to reclaim all the arrows which missed the skeletons. There is a door on each side of the hallway and the open room at the end of the hall from which the skeletons emerged.
Attachments
Barrowmaze Map_Page_2.gif
Barrowmaze Map_Page_2.gif (21.72 KiB) Viewed 457 times
DMStue
Tracker
Tracker

#194 Post by DMStue »

"Welcome Priest" smiles Dren as he slips silently down the corridor, heading for the room that the skeletons emerged from .... Slowly .... Listening for danger and searching for traps.
Drendan Fallowbriar - Halfling Thief in "Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)"
MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#195 Post by MrHemlocks »

Following Dren down the hall, Marcus draws his aim over the halfling's head just in case something else would come out from the room.
GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#196 Post by GTan_Baq »

Erinar takes up his mace and shield and falls in line behind Marcus.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#197 Post by imperialus »

Sheathing his sword and attempting to look dignified (no small task given his fumbling a few moments ago) Gawain nods towards Erinar. "Priest... " It seems as though he may want to say something else, but he instead turns around and follows Marcus ready to step in front of the small thief should more unpleasantness emerge from the darkness.
Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#198 Post by Ludanto »

"I don't know," Mortiganto muses, "I'm beginning to think that whoever spread these tales of vast wealth put overmuch value on animated murder-skeletons."
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by ybn1197 »

You enter the room and it is nearly 30' x 40', except for a slanting along the far right hand side where the wall slants in to the facing wall. Directly opposite from the hall where you have entered is a closed door. The room is empty except for a small (2' high) pyramid of rubble in the center of the room.
Attachments
Barrowmaze Map_Page_2.gif
Barrowmaze Map_Page_2.gif (23.85 KiB) Viewed 440 times
GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

#200 Post by GTan_Baq »

Erinar goes over to the pile of rubble and removes some of the stones to see if anything of interest is buried there.

Return to “Valnwall: The Barrowmaze (LL)”