OOC

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC

#161 Post by VonAlric »

Thanks for the welcome. This is a rather intensive work week for me so I'm going to be a little out of sorts to join in until Friday. Should be able to make a decision this week whether or not to just take over the current Elf or move to something else. Granted, the Elf is not a bad choice..... except that Charisma. Yikes!
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Zhym »

Starbeard, would you change this macro please? Because opening doors normally succeeds on a 1 or 2, the "+1" from strength should actually be subtracted from the roll (or added to the target). You can make the macro:

Geoff open doors (1-3, STR 13): [1d6]

or:

Geoff open doors (STR 13): [1d6-1]

as you like. But the current one is confusing. :)

Thanks!
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Starbeard »

Zhym wrote:
Starbeard, would you change this macro please? Because opening doors normally succeeds on a 1 or 2, the "+1" from strength should actually be subtracted from the roll (or added to the target). You can make the macro:

Geoff open doors (1-3, STR 13): [1d6]

or:

Geoff open doors (STR 13): [1d6-1]

as you like. But the current one is confusing. :)

Thanks!
Right, sorry! I've gotten used to the Mentzer revision which has it succeed on a 5+, and forgot that Moldvay is an old school low roller. Changing it now. :)
Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#164 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Hope you guys all had / are having a great Christmas and best wishes for the impending New Year. 

I also wanted to take the opportunity to thank you all for making this such an enjoyable game and to Zhym in particular for running it. I'm having a lot of fun roleplaying with you all and look forward to further enjoyment/adventures in 2019.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Zhym »

Hi all. Sorry about the lag in updating.

I wanted to make an OOC note about your new halfling friends. The random encounter table is a fickle mistress. This time, I rolled up a bunch of halflings with a friendly encounter posture—thus the offer to join up with you. But adding eleven halflings to your ranks is (a) going to be kind of messy to run, and (b) will affect your XP and treasure split. And if your PCs start trying to get the halflings to take all the risks, those awards will be affected even more drastically. :)

Which is to say: if you want to be rid of your new hobbity pals, just say the word here OOC and we can figure out a way to move them off-stage.

Oh, and about this:
Rusty Tincanne wrote:Twiddle returns to what was the throne and searches the area for trap doors in the floor. Or the ceiling.
Rusty, do you mean that Twiddle is going back downstairs to the thone by himself? Or am I misreading the action?
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Wasn't this a throne room too? I meant the chairs in the middle of the room. Not to leave the room.

Also, I thought using the halflings to take the risks was part of basic D&D. Use and abuse the hirelings to keep ourselves alive. :P

I'm fine running them off under the pretense of splitting up so we can cover more ground faster.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Zhym »

Nope. Not a throne room. There's furniture, but none of it looks like a throne and it's not arranged like an audience chamber.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Rex »

I am just waiting.
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#169 Post by VonAlric »

I'm waiting for the far door to be checked I believe.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#170 Post by GreyWolfVT »

same here.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Zhym »

That round did not go well for Finn and Geoff, to say the least. They were surprised, both got hit, and both took enough damage to kill them even before having to save vs. poison.

If you want to roll up new PCs and want them to be halflings, we could say that a couple of the ones you just met join the group (and the rest run off, deciding that this adventuring thing is a lot more dangerous than they'd planned on).
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Rex »

That sounds good. If I can't get to it tonight I should be able to at some point this weekend. So goes Basic D&D. Good luck in the combat everyone!
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Zhym »

BTW, for the next round, it would really help if you all could say how you're planning to arrange yourselves for battle. All your PCs are waiting near the door; the spiders are about 20' down the hall. At most two people can stand in the doorway and either fire missile weapons or wait for the spiders to close into melee. Another three can stand behind the two in front and fire missile weapons or attack in melee with long weapons (spears, etc.). Of course, you could also rush into the hall or fall back into the room.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Twiddle will fall back into the room to allow more of us to attack at once.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Rex »

Is my new halfling with them at the spiders? Does she get an attack this round?
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Zhym »

There are 11 halflings and six adventurers right now. Only five will get an attack in unless you manage to arrange yourselves cleverly. I'm assuming that the halflings are all hanging back, with the adventurers toward the front.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Rex »

Thanks
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#179 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hmm what is our marching order? If Dax is near the front i guess he goes melee with the spiders if he isn't then sling attack.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by Starbeard »

Status Quofoot has a spear (if that's too big for him, I'll ditch it), so maybe he can move up and attack from beneath the front rank's shields?

Return to “Zhym's Hack-'n-Slash Random Dungeon Crawl (BX)”