On to Malforten - ICC

Golem
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: On to Malforten - ICC

#141 Post by ybn1197 »

Thoryl Dhoradson

The holy dwarf nods at Tarron as he returns to camp, Thoryl having decided that the entire group did not have to run down to the stream for a slight disturbance and everyone would be better off if he stayed behind and completed his holy devotions. "What be the hub-bub about?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Rex »

Cormac

"I suspect that there will be loot involved, but don't know for sure."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#143 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth takes out his fife "Nah I dun play a lute I got a fife." he says and winks having made his own type of joke.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#144 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Xyl, bursts out laughing at Amrath's pun. "Well said indeed sir. Names Xyl. A wee horn like a fife might charm a fish on me hook. I'm out searching fame and fortune, mainly fortune if e don't mind. What about ye group of scallywags?" At that point his pole bends and lurches and he turns his attention to his target. Loudly cursing then charming the fish he fights until he brings it in. If Amrath is still there "Well lad I've got a nice parcel of fishies here", pulling the stringer I have in the water out. "If ye'd gather some wood we can have a fine meal shortly?"

GreyWolfVT

#145 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth puts the fife back in his pocket and shakes his head "Fish sounds good bout now an a free meal ta boot. I'll fetch some wood then." the dwarf bard sets off to locating suitable firewood for the free meal.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#146 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Xyl

The Gnome begins to clean the fish, and prepare them for cooking. He's had a good days fishing, and there should be plenty for all. Once the fire is built he will roast them over it adding seasonings from one of his belt pouches. Once the fire is going he'll encourage the Bard to play his fife.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Rex »

Cormac

"So what do you do for a living Xyl? Besides adventuring of course."
AC 14
HP 11

GreyWolfVT

#148 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth "Well dun yah see he's a chef and a fisherman ta boot?" he says in a jesting reply to Cormac. Then takes out his fife and plays a little starting notes of a few different songs as if trying to decide what song is best to play. Finally he settles on a song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwYt_Z7Pc8w

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#149 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Xyl

"Whul I have done a bit of carpentry and painting, but I've put down ma hammer and brush, and now I'm out to adventure only. I'm pretty handy on my feet, and (whipping his hand axe from his belt he whirls and buries it in a tree away from those talking to him) I'm handy with my axe and knife. I know a bit about mechanical devices, and am a fair climber. So with those skills I hope to find a way to adventure and riches."

"Nice tune" he says to the piper.

"So are youse off on an adventure? If you are I would love to join up with you?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Rex »

Cormac

"Sure, we are hunting a gnoll bandit at the moment, could probably use someone of your skills."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#151 Post by Ahlmzhad »

"All Righty Then. Looks like I've caught everyt'ing I can for the day. Let's eat up an you c'n fill me in."

"Keep playing thet pipe! Dat's musik to me ehrs!!!", and he does a little jig to it while continuing to cook the fish.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#152 Post by Scott308 »

Tarron Dasys
ybn1197 wrote:Thoryl Dhoradson

The holy dwarf nods at Tarron as he returns to camp, Thoryl having decided that the entire group did not have to run down to the stream for a slight disturbance and everyone would be better off if he stayed behind and completed his holy devotions. "What be the hub-bub about?"
Some gnome fishing. Didn't appear to be a threat to us. If, however, I have grossly underestimated things...well...there are plenty of folks there.

Tarron Dasys AC 13 4 hp
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#153 Post by Golem »

With Xyl now joining his fortunes with the group, the party enjoy a breakfast of fish and music. Once their repast is done, the group (I assume) continues along the banks of the Drunderry River.

I'm going to need clarification as to which bank you are traveling along, west or east?

Encounter Roll-Day: [1d10] = 5/[1d10] = 2/[1d10] = 1

Encounter Type: [1d20] = 19

You have been traveling on for pst of the day. The shadows are now lengthening as the sun begins its descent. Soon your thoughts dwell on setting camp and resting your aching feet and legs. Looking for a suitable spot, Cormac notes the tracks of gazelle in the soft loam. Not far ahead is a small herd of small gazelle.

Actions?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Rex »

Cormac

Traveling along the same bank as the town of Malforten (West). Cormac will try and stalk and shoot a gazelle. If he is successful he will process the meat and hide.

Rolls [1d20] = 17 [1d20] = 14 [1d20] = 14

I wasn't sure how you wanted me to handle the rolls and I will be in the woods until Sunday night my time so I just supplied some base rolls.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#155 Post by Scott308 »

Tarron Dasys

Deciding to make things easier for the hunters, the elven mage casts his final Sleep spell on the herd.

Tarron Dasys AC 13 hp 4
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#156 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth watches the hunt of the gazelle with half interest "Bah huntin' aint as fun ta watch as fishin'."
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by ybn1197 »

Thoryl Dhoradson AC: 14 / HP: 9

Thoryl helps maintain the campsite while Cormac and Tarron hunt for the meal.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#158 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Xyl

Taking advantage of the break in the march Xyl goes back to fishing.

Golem
Tracker
Tracker

#159 Post by Golem »

More than enough meat and fish are butchered and caught to feed the party without them having to dip into their rations. With roasted meat and fish filling your bellies, and entertainment provided by the dwarf bard, it is a nice evening. Soon it is time for sleeping.

Encounter Roll: [1d10] = 8/[1d10] = 6

The night passes without incident and after a quick breakfast, you continue on your way. It is not even noon yet when suddenly your eyes pick out the mangy wolf and the goblin astride it stalking along the opposite bank in the same direction. The goblin seems to be watching you, holding its spear straight up.

Actions?

GreyWolfVT

#160 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Amarth gets up slowly and looks at the goblin and waves hello.

Return to “The Umbrage Saga (Castles & Crusades)”