#141 Post by hedgeknight »

No, not a voice you recognize...
Winter is coming...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Neverwinter Woods - Spring 1358 DR

#142 Post by Alethan »

Greystone puts his trust in his plant companions. Lowering his bow and slipping the arrow back into the quiver, he steps out from cover, holding out his hand in a "stay calm" manner.

Assuming nothing about the two approaching, he addresses them in common,"Evening, friends..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#143 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar is surprised when Greystone breaks cover and calls out to the strangers. Not entirely sure of who they are dealing with, Darkstar remains hidden with an arrow nocked and ready to fly.
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#144 Post by Hoondatha »

And they think I'm reckless, Tarrin thought to himself as Greystone just strode out of concealment and confronted the strangers.

On the other hand, it was also a perfect way to find out if they were hostile. If they killed Greystone, he'd know it was time to go.
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#145 Post by Computer +1 »

Hoondatha wrote:If they killed Greystone, he'd know it was time to go.
:D
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Greystone puts his trust in his plant companions. Lowering his bow and slipping the arrow back into the quiver, he steps out from cover, holding out his hand in a "stay calm" manner.

Assuming nothing about the two approaching, he addresses them in common,"Evening, friends..."
Purvan jumps when the elf materializes just ahead. Realizing that he and Thaleese's approach has been monitored, and that they likely could have been shot, or worse already, had the elf and any of his potential associates that might also be present intended to do so. He makes sure his hat is still securely on his head to hide his half-breed ears and whispers back to Leesa. "Stay down and be ready with that wand, at least til we're sure if he's friendly or not..."

The half-elf stands slowly, keeping his bow and arrow to hand but pointed downward, lest he provoke a misunderstanding. "Good evening then. We are searching for two of our companions that were snatched from our midst by that winged beast that just departed. We have little hope that they might still be alive, but would like to locate them all the same. Did you happen to see the creature flying above, or perchance two men in it's foul clutches?" the young investigator queries as he scrutinizes that elf not 60 feet away and wonders how many others might be with him.

OOC: Hail and well met, all! Glad to be aboard here! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#147 Post by Alethan »

Greystone nods,"The creature I saw, as well as the fate of one of your friends..." He points to where he and the others spotted the body of the magi in a heap on the ground.

"Have no fear of me or my friends... And we have nothing to fear from these two," he adds, turning to the bushes providing cover to Tarrin and Darkstar. "The woods know the female and call her friend and..." He stare as the features of the young man and adds, "the other isn't half bad."
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by hedgeknight »

"The female" stands slowly near her companion. She holds a thin stick in her right hand. "What...what do you mean the woods know me? What does that mean?"
Winter is coming...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#149 Post by Alethan »

"The woods, Madame. The trees, the grass, the bushes. They know you, or at least know you frequent this place, and they feel no danger from you. Thus, you are a friend to them."

He says this in a matter-of-fact manner, as if everyone understands how plants feel.

"My name is Greystone, by the way..."
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#150 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar, decides to trust Greystone's judgement, and moves out into the open. He leaves the arrow nocked just in case.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Argennian »

Purvan listens intently, his eyes still scanning the area around the elf for anything or anyone else that may be present but still concealed. Although his initial gut reaction tells him the elf means him no harm, he jerks and rolls his eyes when Thaleese stands up and exposes herself to query the elf's statement about the flora's knowledge of her. Must be a druid he thinks to himself.

When the young investigator sees the other elf emerge from cover with his bow locked and loaded, he very slowly pulls his own arrow away from the bowstring to avoid any misunderstanding. He replaces it in his quiver and slings his bow. Realizing that if these elves intended any hostilities, they'd likely already be pin-cushioned, he does his best to visibly relax.

"Well met then, Greystone. My name is Purvan. We are come to the Neverwinter Wood on an investigation of sorts. We had just reached that cabin back yonder when the winged beast attacked. Our companions never had a chance," he explains as he looks over in the direction the elf pointed to indicate where one of their dead companions landed.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#152 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar nods at the half elf who gave his name. Darkstar is his simple reply. He almost relaxes when the half elf makes a show of putting his bow away but he notices the female human still has what Darkstar believes to be a weapon in her hand.
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#153 Post by Hoondatha »

Seeing as Greystone, who had the tactical sense of the rock he was named for, had already given his position away, Tarrin climbed to his feet. He didn't say anything and made a point to move away from the others so that no magic could catch them all at the same time. He also kept his two handed sword drawn, though not precisely pointed at them. If these two thought he was a warrior rather than what he was, so much the better.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#154 Post by Alethan »

Hoondatha wrote:Seeing as Greystone, who had the tactical sense of the rock he was named for, had already given his position away, Tarrin climbed to his feet.
No worse than the last encounter with the hill giant...
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#155 Post by Hoondatha »

((ooc: I didn't give away the rest of the group, I didn't walk into a strange situation blindly, and I kept multiple ways of killing the giant at hand. I'd say Tarrin's more than one up at this point.))
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#156 Post by Alethan »

"I'm afraid he didn't. Poor luck in attracting the ire of such a creature... I did not see sign of your other companion, though." He nods in the direction of the body,"See to your friend. And put away your wand, please. We are no danger to you."
Hoondatha wrote:((ooc: I didn't give away the rest of the group, I didn't walk into a strange situation blindly, and I kept multiple ways of killing the giant at hand. I'd say Tarrin's more than one up at this point.))
Agree to disagree, then... :)
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by hedgeknight »

The young woman looks at Purvan and then at Greystone. She hesitates for a few seconds and then hurries forward to find her companion's ruined body. She puts her wand away and just in time, for when she sees the macabre scene that was once her friend, she covers her face with her hands and staggers into a tree for support. "Oh, Bartolo!" she gasps, tears dripping from her chin. She sobs once or twice, her hands on her knees, and then she takes a deep breath and stands up a little straighter. After a few more deep breaths, she finds her voice. "We need to...we need...we...we can't just leave him here..."
Her voice trails off and she looks at all of you standing around...and it is quite obvious she is frightened and unsure of herself.
Winter is coming...
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#158 Post by Computer +1 »

When the female puts away her wand Darkstar puts his arrow back in the quiver. When he hears the pain in her voice he is moved. I will help you bury him. The Lady of the Forest will look over him and help give him peace. Darkstar moves closer and begins to prepare the body and dig a grave with what tools are on hand.
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#159 Post by Hoondatha »

Tarrin sighed. Hoisting his sword onto his shoulder he walked over to Bartolo's corpse. He knelt, and reached out with his gloved hand, keeping his other on the sword. Quietly, but loud enough for the woman to hear, he began reciting Shaundakul's rites for the traveling dead.

((ooc: It's getting very close to being a whole lot more than that.))
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#160 Post by Alethan »

Greystone, seemingly unaffected by the stranger's death, turns back to Purvan,"What brings you out here, anyway?"

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”