Action Thread 9

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 9

#141 Post by Alethan »

Freda hugs the north wall and positions herself to a) be out of the others' way and b) finish off the last orc standing, assuming the others can handle the weasels and the accountant...

To Hit, Missile (THAC017) [1d20+3] = 10+3 = 13
Damage, Arrow [1d6+2] = 4+2 = 6

To Hit, Missile (THAC017) [1d20+3] = 17+3 = 20
Damage, Arrow [1d6+2] = 1+2 = 3

To Hit, Missile (THAC017) [1d20+3] = 12+3 = 15
Damage, Arrow [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7

She'll fire as many as are necessary at the orc before targeting one of the slowed weasels affected by the colour spray.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by tkrexx »

Wow, great detailing of spell effects on the map!

Phanstern will of course wait until the others better suited to melee have descended the ladder and observe for a moment, calculating where he would be of best use and the risks involved. After a split second he will scurry his tubby frame down to join his companions, careful to keep them between himself and the foes. At the first opportunity he draws his dagger and takes to the dirty work, starting with the unconcious weasels.

Don't know how you rule throat-slitting of the unconcious, Ron, but that's the intention here.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by rredmond »

Yep, magically slept individuals are auto kills.
As for the map, I'm sorta glad I did it that way. I knew the spells would be deadly effective, but when I started laying down AoEs I was very surprised. I would have ruled fewer folks effected. It's good for the party and should make for an interesting encounter!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#144 Post by Nuke66 »

Nuke66 wrote:Eljay grips her spear a little tighter in anticipation of the battle. Making sure her holy symbol is in easy reach, she takes her place in the order and rushes the accountant when the time comes.

[1d10] = 1 init [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13 to hit [1d6] = 4 damage

Ron, you forgot Eljay....beeline to the bean counter for her.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by rredmond »

Nuke66 wrote:
Nuke66 wrote:Eljay grips her spear a little tighter in anticipation of the battle. Making sure her holy symbol is in easy reach, she takes her place in the order and rushes the accountant when the time comes.

[1d10] = 1 init [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13 to hit [1d6] = 4 damage

Ron, you forgot Eljay....beeline to the bean counter for her.
Hmm, you know what you're right. Even with the back log on the bottom of the ladder, she can get through.
Messed up my timing that she cast the Inviso spell, but that was a while ago, she can definitely get her attack in. I'll put the results in the original post.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#146 Post by saalaria »

Dredd will stay at the top of the ladder, ducking from Orc bowfire if necessary, but trying to assess how the battle is going.
He will pass info back to the slaves so they can hear (hopefully) how well its going.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by max_vale »

Angered by his miss; Ogre growls in frustrations and swings at the giant weasel twice more with his sword....

OOC: I believe I can swing twice this round (attack rate 3/2 I believe); if not; then please just ignore the second attack roll!

1st attack: 1d20+4 for Weapon Spec.; +1 Longsword and STR: [1d20+4] = 6+4 = 10

2nd attack: (same bonus as above): [1d20+4] = 6+4 = 10

Okay SERIOUSLY this is getting annoying...I haven't rolled anything higher than a 10 with ANY of my characters for about a month now! :(

On the off chance that those attacks hit; here's the damage rolls:

roll 1: 1d8+6 (Spec; STR and magic): PbP Forum code: [1d8+6] = 4+6 = 10

roll 2: 1d8+6: [1d8+6] = 1+6 = 7
Last edited by max_vale on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#149 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett will move into position behind the accountant, taking note, if possible, what is in his pack that he is opening. Either way, he will attempt to backstab the jerk thusly:

To hit: [1d20] = 19, damage short sword: [1d6] = 3 (medium opponent)
This roll does not include the +4 to backstab, nor the doubling of damage (would have been tripled had that damn wight not hit me!).
So, the hit roll is 23 and the damage is 6.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:Blodgett will move into position behind the accountant, taking note, if possible, what is in his pack that he is opening. Either way, he will attempt to backstab the jerk thusly:

To hit: [1d20] = 19, damage short sword: [1d6] = 3 (medium opponent)
This roll does not include the +4 to backstab, nor the doubling of damage (would have been tripled had that damn wight not hit me!).
So, the hit roll is 23 and the damage is 6.
Oooo. That's a good hit.
I'll make sure it gets in the Action Post.

As to your question. He's definitely taking out a potion bottle with a clear liquid in it.
:)
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern continues with his butchery, tho with no small amount of disgust. He forces himself to keep recalling his own words: "Abandon Mercy."
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#152 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen Telva, the forgetful elven spellsword

The elf climbs down the stairs sword and shield in hand to dispense misery upon the sleeping orcs.

ooc: in case it is needed:

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 12, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 2, damage (L): [1d12] = 6
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:32 a
Round 1
The Slave Pits

END OF SURPRISE ROUND: Blodget appears (as if by magic!) behind the accountant and with his sword drawing blood from the accountant’s side.

Round 1:
Freda gets off three more shots, two down the last orc standing (#4) and the third hits the slowed weasel (w2) before it enters melee, but it keeps coming to protect the accountant.

Eljay is able to stab with her spear again, though she doesn’t think it as solid a hit this time.

Ogre meanwhile is able to barely hit the weasel in front of him with double swipes of the sword! This time he is able to deal eviscerating damage that kills the weasel before it even gets a chance to attack!

Dredd keeps the slaves quiet while Phanstern and Kayen make their way down the ladder to do some dirty work. Phanstern unfortunately only finds himself able to dispatch one unconscious weasel before being blocked by melee. Kayen is able to run across the sewer moat bridge and kill two sleeping orcs though.

Shaking off the damage and blood that he’s accumulated, the accountant opens the bottle with his sword hand and quaffs a bit of the liquid inside it. Meanwhile the slowed weasel (w2) comes up to Blodgett to attack.

PM sent. The only foes in front of you that aren’t unconscious in some way are a weasel and an accountant, both Slowed. So initiative isn’t needed for round two. The accountant is in between Blodgett and Eljayess, though he has just taken the potion, which doesn’t seem to have any effects.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (125.3 KiB) Viewed 637 times
[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Lul, Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (123 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Slow 7 minutes
Sleep 19 minutes
Colour Spray 3 minutes

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#154 Post by Alethan »

Noting the others probably have the rest of the melee under control (and there is hardly room to get involved, anyway), Freda shoulders her bow and draws her sword. Then she hugs the north wall as she makes her way to the circular area. If there is a ledge going around the outside of it, she makes her way around begins a) searching the orc bodies and b) retrieving arrows.

(er... sorry, Ron, I've forgotten the mechanic you use for arrow recovery...)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#155 Post by Alethan »

Freda attempts to recover her non-magical arrows after finding all of her magical ones...

Arrow Recovery (on a 51+) [1d100] = 94
Arrow Recovery (on a 51+) [1d100] = 76
Arrow Recovery (on a 51+) [1d100] = 24

... and gets two of her three standard arrows back. (Assuming the one from the weasel was unrecoverable because it is still running around, then?)
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#156 Post by ToniXX »

Per a PM from the DM, here's Blodgett's second attack.

To hit: [1d20] = 7, damage short sword: [1d6] = 3 (medium opponent)

If it is another backstab, add four to the hit, making it 11, and double the damage, making it 6.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by tkrexx »

The Illusionist will of course try to elude melee, skipping around it if possible to continue eliminating weasels.
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#159 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen Telva, the forgetful elven spellsword

Kayen will look for a nice overgrown weasel to skewer. If his pathway is blocked by melee he will continue coup-de-gras-ing any remaining orcses.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 5, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 1, damage (L): [1d12] = 6
Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#160 Post by Distorted Humor »

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”