ELROOD SECTOR: Episode Two: Drifting

max_vale
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: ELROOD SECTOR: Episode Two: Drifting

#121 Post by ateno »

"Do we have anything we can give these people, they need help. Leftover cargo or extra autochef programs or bulk?

Anyway, I can talk to them, but I believe they are set in their ways. Is it possible to take the ladder down to sabotage the laser?

Kael
kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#122 Post by kipper »

"I guess there are two ways we could approach this," Clark says. "First option is we go in openly and say we've heard of Chalmer's reputation and ask for a duel as Kit suggested. The second option is to sneak in via the ladders, but then we'll need some way to get across the chasm."

"My guess is the laser is on the opposite side," he replies to Kael.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by ateno »

"So the turret and the people have sensors, they cant be in the hole, not worth it. What about cut the sensors to the community then immediaty fly down while the confusion is going on?

Kael
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Rex »

Kit

"Grll.."
"If we can cut the power to the laser we would have the advantage. Maybe split into 2 teams, one with the ship and another sneak in and cut the power."
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by ateno »

"Thats a good idea, but I bet the power is from 'underneath' them. I doubt they get their power only from solar or a generator up top.

What I am thinking is if we cut the radar signature the operators will be in a kerfuffle without a picture and they would have to fire manually if they see you coming down at all. Most ground base people are used to watching the screen and not 'looking out the window.

Thoughts?"

Kael
kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#126 Post by kipper »

"It's certainly worth investigating. We can head down the ladder and see if we can access anything which would help us, or if it's all across the chasm." Clark says.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul likes the idea of blowing things up. Then again, he likes the idea of a formal duel. All in all, the large Barabel is smiling evilly at all the possibilities.

"Climbing the ladder and scouting the chasm is his vote. He'd like to see this creature."
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Zhym »

Hearing about the possibility of a duel, Kato nods solemnly. "I try to avoid violence," he says, "but very well. Clearly, my skills are needed. As you suggest, I shall challenge this scoundrelish rogue to a duel!"
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Starbeard »

Vale chuckles and raises his hand gently the way he used to see his master do. "Let's not be too hasty, friend. A duel would be the advisable, peaceful solution, but first we must reach him in one piece. Let's see what we can do about that turret and the sensors, and go from there. If all goes well, perhaps you may even have your duel."

Of course he volunteers to join the infiltrating scout mission.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by max_vale »

Onboard the Nova Kestrel, Planet Dega in the Elrood Sector

After taking their leave from the scavengers/survivors and armed with new information about the pirate base, the team of NRI Agents debated their next course of action and eventually they decided to do a 'fly-by' to see what they could learn.....

Taking the Nova Kestrel on a rather close pass over the area where the continuous 'homing beam' was being broadcast, they found the area just as described........the massive crater with a flat area large enough to land several ships, and indeed a modified Shuttle of some kind was there, as was the Twin Turbolaser Turret that moved slightly to track them; the ladder going down to the crater floor; the well-hidden blast door that must surely lead into the base itself (where the chasm must be as it can't be seen from outside the underground base); and finally, a sensor dish pointing up and scanning the skies all around....

Flying away before the Turret go a lock on them, it occurred to the more veteran NRI Agents that they could fly a far enough distance away, drop REALLY LOW and fly nape-of-the-ground until they were close to stay off the sensors and then land and move down the ladder to enter the base and/or blow up the sensor or turret, etc. This WOULD required some tricky flying from Kit and Kael though*.....

With this chosen as their plan, everyone strapped in, sweat broke out....intense concentrating and/or trusting to the Force was done and the ship dropped down REALLY low to the lunar-esque surface and they came back towards the base for a second time......though at barely a couple dozen meters above the surface.....

As they found a decent landing spot behind a small ridge maybe 50 meters or so from the crater's edge, they touched down and everyone put on breathers and decided what gear to grab before the ramp was lowered**......

OOC: *Okay, Kit and Kael, I will be making a Piloting roll for either or both of you to see if you made the low-flying trip to avoid the sensors both safely and 'stealthily'......It's a Moderately Difficult Task, i.e. Difficulty Number 15....Kit has a Piloting Skill of 3D+2 and Kael has 3D. Both of you have 1 Force Point. If one or both of you would like to spend your Force Point (you each have 1), please let me know.....you don't have too.

**Everyone, please take a look at your Character Sheets and let me know what equipment you'd like to take with you on the mission. Some of you have quite a bit.....so "I'll take it all" won't always be an option. :)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Rex »

Kit

"Groll..."

"Kael or I should stay with the ship. Not sure who the better choice is."

If Kit is chosen to stay with the ship she will spend the force point on the approach. If she is going in on the away team she will save it.
kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#132 Post by kipper »

Clark is expecting trouble, he will bring his Blaster Rifle and Heavy Blaster Pistol. His Grapnel Thrower & rope & lanyard might also come in handy and he will bring that as well.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#133 Post by ateno »

"I will stay with the it makes sense since I operate the sensors, Is there a better weapon available in stores than my small blaster?"

OOG: Will spend a point on approach.

Kael
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit will equip herself for the mission away. Blaster carbine, full bandolier of med paks and light saber of course.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

He will take the repeating blaster, the electrostaff, and the enforcer handgun.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Starbeard »

Vale gather up his belongings, most of which pretty much do always go around with him:

duraplex armored clothing, lightsaber, blaster pistol (4D+2) & 1 power pack, datapad & commlink, syntherope, macrobinoculars, & 1 medpac.

Clipping everything to his utility belt or slipping it into his tunic pockets, the young Jedi eagerly awaits the chance to teat his skills slinking around the pirate's hidden base. He wonders if the famous Luke Skywalker felt the same about wandering through the Death Star.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#137 Post by ateno »

Since Parek has volunteered to stay with the ship, I will offer him one of my weapons loaned to me, if he does not have one already and go with the crew.

Kael
kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#138 Post by kipper »

Clark also has an extra Blaster Pistol that Parek can use.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Zhym »

Kato gears up with his staff, blaster, binoculars, synthrope, and commlink and prepares to set out with the others.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by max_vale »

Onboard the Nova Kestrel ad then on the surface of the Planet Dega in the Elrood Sector

Kael takes over the controls for the tricky part of the 'low approach' and manages to keep off the sensor screens of the Pirates*....or at least...the Turret didn't fire on them. As they set down out of sight, the near silent Parek waves off any offer of a weapon as he points to a Heavy Blaster Pistol he has in a thigh holster and just says with a tight edge to his voice; "Just make sure you bring back my friends....if they're still alive....and may the Force be with you".

After gearing up, the party puts on breather masks and heads down the lowered ramp and moves towards the Pirate base.....

The sensor dish is unmanned, but well protected by its' placement with high rocks all around it. It would be tricky to get to it if the NRI Agents chose to blow it up or attempt to damage it**......meanwhile, the ladder down to the mine-shaft floor where the Twin Turbolaser Turret and Blast door leading into the caverns the Scourge Pirates were using as a Base was found and looking over the edge, they saw nobody walking around or standing outside guarding the closed blast door or the hatch leading into the Turret......

OOC: *I spent the Force Point for Kael's Piloting roll, he is currently out of Force Points; **If you guys want to do something to the Dish, it'll be a Moderate Climbing roll (under Strength) to get to it........

Finally, you guys are basically overlooking a really large hole with a ladder running down it....the Turret is in the center....the Blast Door leading to the caves/base are against one side.....nobody can be seen at the moment. Presumably the plan is to climb down the ladder (it's about 20 meters to the bottom)...but I wasn't sure, so I figured I'd let you guys post.

Return to “WEG Star Wars 1st Edition d6”