CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 4a: R&R at Hagalton

#101 Post by Norjax »

Den listens to Jack’s recitation of events, nodding at key points. “Chis, go grab some parchment!” He yells and the little insect buzzes into the back of his shop. “You’ve only seen part of the mostly barren north of the Zone. The nocturnal bees that you encountered produce beneficial honey. Of course, you have to get into their nest to collect it. Their larva is also valuable. I’ll pay you 60 gp for every jar of honey and 90 gp for each larvae that you collect.” The mutant insect, Chis, returns with a piece of parchment for Den. He places the parchment of the counter and sketches a crude map.

“Here is my understanding of the Zone,” Den says.

“It’s about 75 miles from the edge of the Gam’A Zone to the barrier of the inner Gam’A Zone. The barrier there is still active, unlike the benign light show of the outer barrier. Crossing the inner barrier can be deadly. There are several Nations inside the Zone vying for power; Motter, the Ki-Ro-Tab knights, the Beast Masters and the Barnakal nomads. The Ki-Ro-Tab knights come from inside the inner Zone. They ride giant beetles and fight with static lightning lances. Their arch enemy is Motter and her mechanical monsters. The Beast Masters reside to the south, never venturing north. The Barnakal Nomads wander everywhere, but are rarely encountered.”

Last edited by Norjax on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#102 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "Well Den, from the sounds of it we only saw but a small portion of the barren north, which I think the pigmonn were trying to make their territory. So there may yet be a fifth group trying to gain power in the Gam A Zone. But I could just be jumping to conclusions. We have been lucky thus far and only encountered pigmonn, the bees and I think we fought some of the Motter we were warned before our trek to the Zone of the Ki-Ro-Tab knights or at least I think the description closely matches what you are telling me of them. what do the Nomads look like? I'll add that the offer for the honey I think we can make a deal, they're nocturnal you say? I suppose then day time would be our time to try and enter the hive and harvest the honey then."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Norjax »

The mutant raccoon twitches his whiskers and curls his mouth into a puzzled expression. “Nope, nope, you got it wrong law man,” he says. “The roach beings were Thorax Scavengers, definitely not metal or minions of Motter. In fact, they are fearful of Motter and her agents. If they spot a mechanical being, they will react only two ways; flee or attack, depending on if they have advantage.”

Den takes a sip of water and then continues. “This is the first that I have heard of a pigmonn foray into the Zone. I wonder what those damn pork slabs are up to?”

Den moves away and pulls out a drawer, grabs the contents, and returns to the counter. He places a bolo weapon in front of you and adds, “The Barnacle Nomads use this weapon. They are bipedal beings covered in dirty, ratty cloth strips and do not speak. No one is sure if they are humans or mutant humanoids, because no one has seen their face or skin. They wear grotesque masks of various designs to hide their faces. I’d pay a good sum for an intact Nomad mask! 500 gp if you can get one.”

---

Bart visits Den’s neighbor, Teeko Stooart, to inquire about power eggs. The human female behind the counter tells Bart that Teeko has stepped out and will be right back.

GreyWolfVT

#104 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack looks a bit irritated about being told he is wrong but shrugs it off "So I am wrong. Probably good that they weren't Motter. But yes the pigmonn ambushed us before we reached the Zone and then we found more of them within the Zone. Be good to figure out what they're doing. But mostly I just at this point shoot first ask questions later. As for the Nomad mask I'll see what we can do for you on that. They use interesting weapons to say the least. Both the honey and the mask I'll see what we can round up for you. Anything else you might have us seek for you?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#105 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

Bart Thanks her. He looks around and waits, for Teeko, spinning his cup and whistle-clicking nonchalant using his echolocation.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Urson »

Guess I got a little behind here- sorry!

After Belial closes the deal on his new shirt, he'll roam the marketplace, people-watching and browsing.
FA FO
Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#107 Post by Mimdalf »

Blix

Blixx jots down some notes about the Bees and the Motter folk. He tells Den about his recipe for honey-roasted spidergoat. "Speaking of mechanical men we had one with our group briefly, unfortunately, he passed on, but he left behind this."Blixx shows Den the strange wrist device. "Any ideas what this is, he shows him the mechanical man's wrist device.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Norjax »

To Jack: “Just south of the stone markers are the ruins of Sott’Urwa”, Den replies. “Most explores head there due to its proximity to the Long Route. But, competition is fierce and fights have broken out amongst the ruins. There are also colonies of Thorax Scavengers living in the ruins along with various mutated insects. There are many relics that have been recovered from there, any of those is worth something to me but I can’t know what you will find.”

Den’s ears perk when Blixx tells him of his spidergoat recipe. “I’d like to try that sometime,” he smiles. Den checks out the wrist device and shakes his head. “Teeko Stooart is the expert on this type of device. His place is next door (11), only…his wife is a bit ‘crabby’. Just be prepared for her attitude.”

“Oh, one last thing,” Den says. “There is persistent anti-gravity plasma around the inner zone barrier. I’ll pay 180gp for each jar collected. You’ll need an all-glass container to capture it.”

---

Bart at Teeko Stooart's place: The woman stares at Bart, clearly annoyed by his nonchalant demeanor. Soon a man comes out from a doorway, behind the counter, and addresses you. "Hello”, he says in a mild-mannered voice. "My name is Teeko, how may I be of service?”

PIC:
Last edited by Norjax on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#109 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

Bart smiles broadly "I am Bartholomew Ichabod Zinc, most call me Bart, Gunas sent me your way. Can you take a look at this."
He loosens the E-whip belt with eggs and places it on the table. "I assume things about it, but know little of its ways."
Bart smiles broadly, again.
"I also, have a wrist device..." Bart checks his person, patting this pocket, to no avail. "Ah, Perhaps one of my companions has it now."
Bart smiles, waiting.
GreyWolfVT

#110 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Norjax wrote:...

To Jack: “Just south of the stone markers are the ruins of Sott’Urwa”, Den replies. “Most explores head there due to its proximity to the Long Route. But, competition is fierce and fights have broken out amongst the ruins. There are also colonies of Thorax Scavengers living in the ruins along with various mutated insects. There are many relics that have been recovered from there, any of those is worth something to me but I can’t know what you will find.”

Den’s ears perk when Blixx tells him of his spidergoat recipe. “I’d like to try that sometime,” he smiles. Den checks out the wrist device and shakes his head. “Teeko Stooart is the expert on this type of device. His place is next door (11), only…his wife is a bit ‘crabby’. Just be prepared for her attitude.”

“Oh, one last thing,” Den says. “There is persistent anti-gravity plasma around the inner zone barrier. I’ll pay 180gp for each jar collected. You’ll need an all glass container to capture it.”

Jack to Den "Perhaps entering from the north is not such a bad thing then. As for all of these items of interest I'll mention that to my friends so that we may locate them. I'll pass along the other helpful advice you gave. If there is lost of competition in the ruins we may be smart to avoid them. Thank you."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Norjax »

Broggrim wrote:Bart smiles broadly "I am Bartholomew Ichabod Zinc, most call me Bart, Gunas sent me your way. Can you take a look at this."
He loosens the E-whip belt with eggs and places it on the table. "I assume things about it, but know little of its ways."
Teeko takes a look at the e-whip belt, pulling one of the eggs out of its pouch. “These are proximity power cells,” he says. “The red light indicates a full charge, the one with a blinking light means it’s at half power or less. The ones without a light are drained of power. I know of no way to recharge them. They are still found, from time to time, in deep ruins all over the regions.”

“Do we give away information for free, now?” Teeko’s wife exclaims. She mutters something under her breath and retreats to the room beyond the curtained doorway.

Teeko smiles, with slight embarrassment, and retrieves a carton containing several egg-shaped nodules of different colors and various sizes.

“These have been found in the relatively undisturbed ruins of the Gam’A Zone,” Teeko says calmly. “So long as they are within a few feet of a compatible item, they will provide power to it. All of these are drained of power. I’ll gladly pay for any with a light illuminated, blinking or solid.”

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by max_vale »

Frank Rock; veteran human

Frank sits quietly drinking his cup while listening intently to the conversation between Jack and Den. At the mention of needing an all-glass jar, he speaks up; "And who makes or has glass jars we can use?"
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy, getting excited by all this talk of exploration and collecting unusual materials and warring tribes, starts to fidget. One of his mouths extends on a syrupy tendril until its yellow teeth are chattering near Frank's ear. Jiminy whispers: "Hhhhhhhhey, Phthbtfrank! Do you think I ssssshhhhhhhhould get a gun? You know, in cacacacase offfffff trouble?"
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Norjax »

max_vale wrote:Frank Rock; veteran human
At the mention of needing an all-glass jar, he speaks up; "And who makes or has glass jars we can use?"
“Nols Ezzan, the proprieter of the merchantile (3), should have some available.” Den replies.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#115 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx

"Perhaps I should head over to Teeko Stooart's place" Blixx says. "Thanks so much Sir, I hope we can find the interesting things for you in the future" Blixx bows deeply and heads to Teeko's.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië
Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#116 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, MH

"Proximity power cells... well, Teeko, perhaps the gamma zone still has chargers. My group and are heading back in, perhaps well find a charger. What else uses theses eggs?"

Wireless energy, cool!
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton, Day 44 Morning
Urson wrote:Guess I got a little behind here- sorry!
After Belial closes the deal on his new shirt, he'll roam the marketplace, people-watching and browsing.
Belial’s browsing and observation is interrupted by groups of people moving towards the east side of town. The movement hastens after he hears a horn of some type blare in the distance. The mutant baboon takes flight, for a better vantage point and beholds a metal contraption slowly moving across the chasm east of Hagalton. This is the Irunfross Bridge and is the only crossing into Lantica for hundreds of miles. The bridge is made from recycled metal sea vessels that once rested at the bottom of the now exposed coastal sea floor. A counter weight balances the bridge on multiple wheels that ride on a rail system. Two great spoked wheels, powered by prisoners and slaves drives the bridge back and forth.

You have been warned of the dangers trying to fly across the chasm known as The Crack in the Earth. The region directly above the chasm contains energies that prevent flight of any kind from crossing the zone. Some have tried, but all have failed.

---
Mimdalf wrote:Blixx
"Perhaps I should head over to Teeko Stooart's place" Blixx says. "Thanks so much Sir, I hope we can find the interesting things for you in the future" Blixx bows deeply and heads to Teeko's.
Teeko acknowledges Blixx and examines the wrist device. “This is a radiation detector,” he says. “It detects the presence, but not the type of radiation.” He turns it over, shakes it and opens a small cover and then places the exposed area against his tongue. “It has a few months power left in it. I’ll give you 75gp as is.”

---
Broggrim wrote:Bart, MH
"Proximity power cells... well, Teeko, perhaps the gamma zone still has chargers. My group and are heading back in, perhaps well find a charger. What else uses theses eggs?"
“There are many personal devices, such as this e-whip, that may be powered by such power cells. I'm sure there are plenty hidden in the Zone. Weapons, detectors, visual enhancement devices, to name a few."

GreyWolfVT

#118 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack goes off to locate the others and relay all of the information he has been able to gather from Den.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Pulpatoon »

Jiminy sloshes off his barstool and wanders out in the streets, headed to (4) Arms & Armor to see about getting some manner of ranged weapon.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Urson »

Belial

Belial flaps in slow circles, watching what's happening. His lip curls at the thought of slaves, but most of his attention is focused on the bridge and the roads leading to it. Does this look like someone entering the town, or leaving?
FA FO

Return to “Archive”