"Well, can anyone here speak her language? She certainly is fetching..."
The worms crawl in,
the worms crawl out,
the worms play pinochle on your snout

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elrohir, 3rd level Elf, X1: The Isle of Dread
Coppish Freunt, Elven Fighter/Thief, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
Gwydion Glyndawr, Wood Elf Ranger, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
DM: The Haunted Mines of Gomor, AD&D 1st Ed.
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 10: A Time for Recovery & Revelations

#102 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:

Another patron in the bar says to Wexley,

"Try gesticulating what you are trying to say!"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Pulpatoon »

Idonea:

Idonea, between mouthfuls of stew, leans to the nearest local and says "Why do they call her "Third?" Is there a First and Second?"
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#104 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kormak & Mort:

Kormak walks up to Victor on the stage "Hey Vic we should do a comedy routine." he smiles and attempts to grab Victor by the ankles. "Remember our first time here, Ha ha ha it was funny just this time lets break less things." :D

Mort looks at Maya and rolls his eyes when he hears Kormaks suggestion to Victor "Oh lord not this again."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#105 Post by Nordbo »

Lutha Cee:
Someone in the crowd hollers, that she can not speak common, only her native Elven Cynidician
Lutha turns to her, saying, in regular elven, "Sorry about my friends' babbling - too many cooks have a silver lining, you know. Not like your magnificent bronze adornments - my simple chromium cap pales indeed! How can we be of help?" does she understand that ?
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Maya & Victor:

Victor smiles broadly at the half-orc, "Kormak! My bold and fierce companion! A comedy routine would be a grand idea! What kind of show did you have in mind hmm?" Victor sets his torch down and hands one of his bottles of liquor that was salvaged from the clerics house to Kormak and begins chugging the remains of the one he was holding and using for his fire tricks.

Maya sits down at the table heavily, hears Morts comment and calls out to the Victor, "No fire, water, animal, flour, weapons, or magic in your tricks! We are helping these people, not blowing their tavern up." With that she see's victor pout slightly but gives her a warm smile and the OK sign seeing that she is back up on her feet before looking back at the Kormak. Maya then looks at Mort and nods her head, "I doubt they'll ever learn..."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#107 Post by Dizlexus »

Mr. Choe

Choe takes note of the fact that his friends are about to engage a strange woman in conversation.

Good! We need to be familiar with all the weirdos he thinks to himself.

He continues to engage Mendel & Ohtar in conversation. He makes it obvious that he is part of an awesome adventuring party. And that the party will take side jobs if the need arises.
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)
FronkyDondo
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#108 Post by FronkyDondo »

Wexley
[Gesticulating]: "Hello, my name is Wexley. What is yours? What brings a lovely bronze-masked sylph such as yourself to this fine establishment?"
The worms crawl in,
the worms crawl out,

GreyWolfVT

#109 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kormak & Mort:

Kormak to Victor "Well maybe re enact our firsts fight here but perhaps without the breaking of things. Unless you have an idea to do some sort of dialog on the stage with me." he smiles.

Mort to Maya "Nope they truly will not learn. Might as well see how the show goes now that he is not spitting fire." Mort takes a seat next to Maya "Glad you are back with us."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Victor:

Victor helps the half-orc onto the stage, calling out to the people in the tavern, "Ladies and gentlemen! Allow us now to perform a skit for your amusement! I bring my good friend friend, the strong and bold Half-Orc warrior, Kormak!" He introduces the half-orc with as much flare as he can, limited by Maya's strict rules.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
GreyWolfVT

#111 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kormak:

Takes a half bow. "Strong indeed if you'd just stand still so that I could punch you, you silly mage. You would know if I was strong or not.",

then he whispers to Victor "Are we not reenacting our first bar fight? You know choe would put on a great show if we just had a horse for him."

remember the show when we left the keep last time on horseback?
Choe:

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:
[/Idonea, between mouthfuls of stew, leans to the nearest local and says "Why do they call her "Third?" Is there a First and Second?"
A local says,
"We think it may be a indication of her rank back in Cynidicea"
Lutha turns to her, saying, in regular elven, "Sorry about my friends' babbling - too many cooks have a silver lining, you know. Not like your magnificent bronze adornments - my simple chromium cap pales indeed! How can we be of help?" does she understand that ?
Third looks at Lutha quizzically.
Wexley
[Gesticulating]: "Hello, my name is Wexley. What is yours? What brings a lovely bronze-masked sylph such as yourself to this fine establishment?"
Third watches as Wexley, taps himself a few times when saying Wexley, when he points to her, she taps herself, saying, "Third"

When Wexley indicates the bronze mask, Third says, "Madarua", the rest she can't make out yet.

Note: All the characters are familiar of legends mentioning Cynidicea as some lost city far to the south of the Borderlands & in the desert, beyond the mountains.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#113 Post by Nordbo »

Wolfram:

Moves up to his uncle Lutha in the tavern, and....Ba-ZING!!!! Wolfram's eyes pop out of their sockets upon seeing this kinky metal warrior chick from the outer planes.

Suddenly, it's like Maya never existed!
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Maya & Victor:

Victor leans in to Kormak, whispering, "Yeah, except Maya won't let me bring animals in since the last time didn't go quite as planned, poor goats."

He then regards the crowd again, "It seems my friend Kormak is in a fighting mood! I suppose we can cross fists once again!"

He then gets in a ready stance, hands raised into fists, he is light on his feet but his mood is relaxed due to the fight being staged.

Maya turns to watch the others speak and ogle the foreign female warrior. He keeps her attention split between Victor and Kormak and this new person.
FronkyDondo
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#115 Post by FronkyDondo »

Wexley
"Madarua, come sit with me" He tries to gently take her by the hand and lead her to a table to sit and... chat.
The worms crawl in,
the worms crawl out,

GreyWolfVT

#116 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kormak:

"Eh you blow hard. You look quite the fool with your fists like that. See now this is how you make a fist."

He shows Victor how to make a fist with the thumbs not inside the fist. He then takes Victor's hand and makes a proper fist with it.

Whisper "Pretend you have no clue how to make a fist."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Victor:

Victor gives a slight smile and calls out so that anyone watching will hear clearly,

"Oh! Well now that does make more sense! I suppose a fighters hands would know the form to fist more-so then I!"
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:
Wexley
"Madarua, come sit with me" He tries to gently take her by the hand and lead her to a table to sit and... chat.
Third, moves her hand away, saying, "Me....Bouncer."

She goes on saying, first tapping on mask, "Madarua", then onto her chest, "Third."

Her hair color is bone white.

Also her mask covers the front of her face, she wears a helmet & chain mail outfit that is similar to roman times.

Note: I am going to change her to a human to stay consistent with more information i found on Cynidicea, after first thinking to leave her elven.
See i thought see was Elven at first due to a characteristic she had but no.

Player:

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by Nordbo »

Lutha Cee:

Suddenly realising the bronze lady's unfortunate, but obviously terminal schizophrenia, Lutha quickly loses interest in her, and drags drooling Wolfram,

away to watch their mates' vaudeville antics on stage instead, snatching some frothy Dungeon Ale from a nearby tray on the way.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Pulpatoon »

Idonea & Ewat:

Idonea looks disgruntled at the display from Victor and Kormak. How can they engage is such foolish antics after the dangers they faced today?

She is curious about the armored woman, but decides her time is better spent recuperating. She sops the last of her meal witha bit of bread, and heads to bed.

Ewat, on the other hand, comes in a minute later from his walk, and looks delighted to see that there is a show. "Puppets? Are you gon' have puppets?"

Return to “B2/B5 Guido Wiedig's Keep on the Borderland & the Hills of Horror & Chaos”