The Raven's and Permafrost's start

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Raven's and Permafrost's start

#261 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa tries to help steady the birdman as she gracefully dodges debris.
Permafrost Coordination (40) [1d100+40] = 67+40 = 107

"That green guy jumped out somehow. If you can fly, then I can skate out...our you could try to magically poof us out?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by Rukellian »

'Poofing' out would certainly be a viable option for Raven, considering his adeptness at Teleportation. So long as he has mental image of where he is going, he can do so within a certain amount of sectors. Considering that the installation is small, such a feat would be simple right now, hypothetically speaking.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Would attempting to bring Elsa be possible? Or is that something we would just have to try out?

"I can try, I don't know if I can take others with me though, If you don't come with me then get out of here, we can meet near the entrance area."

Raven then grabs onto Elsa and attempts to Teleport, taking her with him. He imagines the tree line outside the complex and attempts to teleport.

Teleport Roll: Skill Check: [1d100] = 70+40=110
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Rukellian »

A piece of rubble falls on Raven, dealing 5 points of damage, while he is concentrating on the mental image of the forested opening. Within a blink of an eye, Permafrost finds herself outside in the cold, still in Raven's arms.... The teleportation works, and just in the knick of time too. Turning around, both of you can see the entrance explode with rubble and debris. The falling cave walls must have triggered some hidden explosives near the entrance. There is no going back in there now.

First mission complete.
Results: Raven lost 55 points of damageduring the time spent in the complex. Permafrost is untouched. You both gain 50 Fortune points. You can save them up to affect dice rolls in the future or use them to upgrade your rank values, as per the rules found in everything else 4c thread.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven stumbles over to the nearest tree and leans against it, dropping to the ground. His wounds getting the better of him after the rubble hitting him right before his jump and the additional effort of taking someone with him. He attempts to apply pressure in the worst spots as he looks at else with half lidded eyes, "I think I remembered something about my past life..."

I may just save them but I shall see the conversion for fortune points into rank values.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by tooleychris »

Elsa collapses to the snow in relief then quickly checks herself for wings or feathers newly growing from her body.
She rolls over on her back and laughs. "You did it! YOU DID IT! " She laughs aloud.

Elsa will hold onto her fortune points for the future. So far with the intent to gain the ranged attack ice ray, without having to generate it first. I'm thinking this will be a power that lies dormant within her until earned. Only 950 fortune points to go! :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Raven stumbles over to the nearest tree and leans against it, dropping to the ground. His wounds getting the better of him after the rubble hitting him right before his jump and the additional effort of taking someone with him. He attempts to apply pressure in the worst spots as he looks at else with half lidded eyes, "I think I remembered something about my past life..."

I may just save them but I shall see the conversion for fortune points into rank values.
Here is what you remembered sort of... the big green man mentioned an organization called Rook Industries. This clicked in your mind as you remembered it playing some part in your past, how it is connected, you have no idea. The man in the flamboyant red suit who was using all of those explosives, his voice was also very familiar to you, the explosions that echoed throughout the complex, it too seemed all eeriely familiar. So many things that happened in one day....

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I was actually going to make a joke about my past self not liking to be injured either but this is also good :lol:

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by tooleychris »

"So..." Elsa asks Raven, "Mr.Green seemed to know you...a blast from the past?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven rests his head on the tree he is sitting against, closing his eyes, "I hope not, he didn't seem very nice." He turns his head to look at Elsa, "We survived, what do you plan to do now?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by tooleychris »

She sighs. "I'm not finished with this. I need to track down those responsible for these atrocities. "

I just skimmed back 8 pages, did we see a company name or logo?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven looks at Elsa, studying her, "Why? and how?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:She sighs. "I'm not finished with this. I need to track down those responsible for these atrocities. "

I just skimmed back 8 pages, did we see a company name or logo?

The typing noises come from a what appears to be central computer room. A large high tech labratory with someone at the computer inferface.... a big green man. "So... it would appear as if the distraction did not stop you two, interesting. Regardless, I have obtained what I came here for." He laughs a deep evil laugh as he types in one last command. "Rook Industries have definitely been dipping their resources into some VERY interesting projects. The power of ichnorite shall one day rule this world system, and when it does... my ARMY shall be ready to sweep away whatever is left of this world."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by tooleychris »

looks like Elsa succeeded at memory check :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Rukellian »

Once the after mission dialogue is finished between your characters, I will lock this thread down and move you guys over to your sequel arc, a blast from the past.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by tooleychris »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Raven looks at Elsa, studying her, "Why? and how?"
"Why?" Elsa queries, "You want others to share the fate of those inside? They won't stop. This Rook company. They will do this again and again. It can't be allowed."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Raven struggles to stand up, using the tree as support, once standing he looks at Elsa. "Then our paths are still the same. If you are willing to continue onwards with me that is." He extends his hand towards Elsa to shake, once extended he looks down and see's that it is covered in his blood and then begins to lower it.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by tooleychris »

until Raven washes up, I think this thread is done :)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by MonkeyWrench »

agreed :lol:
time to get bandaged up in some undisclosed location and find out who Rook Industries are!

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”