2. Welcome to Borovia

Eulalios

Re: 2. Welcome to Borovia

#381 Post by Eulalios »

"Well, as I said, it might be mere whimsy. I was thinking that we might somehow be able to shield the talisman, until we come near to the vampire - then use locate object to locate him ... Just for laughs, what if one of us put the talisman into of those legendary bags that bring to hand a chosen item, otherwise hidden away in another realm? Then 'twould be like the toggle of Tumbler's crossbow - put it into the bag, all's normal; pull it out, silent darkness. If there were a way to mark Strahd in the darkness, so that only he were visible, then it would be perfect. But, I think you're right, as it stands 'tis only a whimsy."

The green elf laughs. "Screw it all," he whispers to Iluq, "what if I just load up on shocking grasps and shake the bastards hand while Tumbler puts stakes in his back?"

After a moment he adds, "If we can persuade Ireena to bring Strahd a present, then we could maybe use that to tag him. Anyway, let me know if you have any better ideas."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by Grognardsw »

Vorkath / in conversation

"Those are intriguing ideas Tibby," says the paladin. "Your Locate Object dweomer may be helpful in locating the medallion - we know what it looks like in great detail. Indeed Silence may help prevent him from casting or charming us with words, as it is rumored these undead may do."

"We are glad you are coming Ireena. Hopefully direct confrontation will reveal the mystery of his interest in you."

Vorkath will check his equipment and prepare his steed Repentance for the journey.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by Zhym »

I'd like to move this along if we can. Eulalios, NJWilliam, Bouv: please give me your updated spell lists as soon as you can, or let me know that you're okay with your current list. Thanks.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#384 Post by NJWilliam »

Iluq: FIRST: CLW x 2, PFE, Sanctuary x 2; SECOND: Augury, Resist Fire, Slow Poison, Silence 15' radius; THIRD: Negative Plane Protection, Locate Object; FOURTH: CSW
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Zhym »

Thanks. Iluq's spell changes will take an additional 75 minutes for studying two 1st-level and one 3rd-level replacement spells, so you'll all leave at about 12:15, assuming Tibbius's or Robert's spell lists don't change significantly.

Eulalios

#386 Post by Eulalios »

Tibbius

2 x protection from evil [duration 14 rounds, to avert vampire touch], shocking grasp [8-15 damage], unseen servant [duration 130 minutes];
knock, locate object, mirror image [duration 14 rounds, 1d4 images];
dispel magic, fly [duration 7-8 hours];
polymorph self [duration 140 minutes]

So ... Tibby will have experimented with this ... can he spell cast as an invisible stalker? How about as a spectral troll?

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#387 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler smiles when Tibby mentions putting a stake in the vampires back. Aye, I'd love to stake that turd for hold us here alone.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Zhym »

I'm going to say no to casting as an invisible stalker. It already turns Polymorph Self into a combination of Invisibility (level 2) and Fly (level 3). I don't want to add the Improved Invisibility (Illusionist level 4) ability to attack and remain invisible.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Stirling »

Agrippo will study the "Warrant Officers Penal Code Handbook version 3.5" and some little well-thumbed paperback from the library of Ireena about 'shades of grey', "is this a interior decorating tome?"

In the morning Agrippo will check his stuff, especialy the gypsy potion and go over clues from the reading with Madam. After sharpening his spear and dusting down his shield he will join Vorkath for some morning ablutions (farting, teeth cleaning, nit combing, pulling grey hairs from beard...) and then be ready to take the hike to the castle, leaving Snowflake in care of Ismark if he agrees to that, it'll probably be safer than some castle courtyard.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by Zhym »

Is everyone else taking their mounts, if they have them, or leaving them at Ismark's? Here's what I have as the mount/beast of burden situation:
  • Robert: On foot, 9" movement rate
  • Iluq: Light warhorse, 24" movement rate
  • Vorkath: Repentance, 18" movement rate
  • Tibbius: On foot, 9" movement rate (Randolph Cat too)
  • Tumbler: On foot, 9" movement rate
  • Agrippo: On foot (pony stabled at Ismark's), 6" movement rate (103 lbs of equipment!)

Update coming tonight, I hope.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Zhym »

Return to “Ravenloft”