000 Meeting at The Duck Pond

Eris
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 000 Meeting at The Duck Pond

#61 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:52 pm
Eris wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:45 pmFrank snorts, "You can rest when you're dead."

"But, yeah, there's no way we can go back today, probably not tomorrow. We'll have to get organized and supplied and go knowing there's a fight this time." says Frank, "I'm gonna shut up now and let folks with more brains than me figure what to do next, but that will include going back to Fastamol to kick butt!"
Carsta bestows a suppressive frown on the impetuous archer, and then she sighs and turns to the newcomers. "Frank here is annoying at best, but he is correct. I am going for a bath, and then to bed. We can break fast and discuss what we will do next."

The young healer limps off to find the innkeep.
"And that isn't the worst idea I've ever heard. A bath and some sleep might make us all less cranky. Pleasure to meet you all, and I'll see you in the morning." With that, he emulates the healer.

Linder
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rex »

Zennys

"So, we are meeting here in the morning?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by shaidar »

Arram

"At breakfast then." he nods and leaves. He goes to find the innkeep to book a room, and then to the temple to see Prelate Jocaster.

I'm happy for the above actions to be hand-waved OOC to move things along, unless there is useful info to be imparted by the Prelate.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Rex »

Zennys

I am good moving it along. Only thing I would like is for someone to take the excess equipment I listed earlier.

Crowbar, hammer, 40 iron pitons, iron pot, & shovel.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Marullus »

Just coloring inside the lines, here. Happy to fast forward to adventure! Her only downtime action is to make sure she knows what can be jnown about the archive and tower from the people willingto pay the bounties for retrieval from them. That's easy to handle by expositionwhen openingthe adventure thread.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by Eris »

Rex wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:51 am Zennys

"So, we are meeting here in the morning?"
OOC: It appears so. I'll be cutting to the morning ASAP, though. :) Anything you want your characters to do this evening, let me know and we'll cover it. Frankly, I'm looking forward to the party departing for Fastomel and getting to some action, but I'm also wanting to not rush anyone who is still working out their character.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by Eris »

shaidar wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:22 am Arram

"At breakfast then." he nods and leaves. He goes to find the innkeep to book a room, and then to the temple to see Prelate Jocaster.

I'm happy for the above actions to be hand-waved OOC to move things along, unless there is useful info to be imparted by the Prelate.
OOC: Let's cover this with a broad stroke...

Jocaster is a tall thin man with whispy hair surrounding a bald pate. He greets Arram warmly and welcomes him Lakeside.

When Arram mentions meeting the party at the Inn, Jocaster nods, "Yes, we commissioned some young adventurous types to go to the ruins. We had found writings that indicating a passage into the archives of the fallen Temple through an old crypt in the graveyard. We wanted them to confirm this and if they could to bring back what tomes and scrolls they could find. One of them came to us earlier today and said they can't confirm this yet as they were driven off by Orcs, but that they intended to go back and finish the mission."

"Are you thinking of joining their group?"
Jocaster asks with a slight smile, "We here at the Temple would bless you if you could help them bring us this information."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by Eris »

Rex wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:53 pm Zennys

I am good moving it along. Only thing I would like is for someone to take the excess equipment I listed earlier.

Harry Sill, the owner of The Duck Pond, rubs his chin, "I guess I could use a crowbar and hammer. The iron pot, too, always useful in the kitchens. Oh, I might as well take the shovel and pitons, too! We need to repair that big hole in the floor of my basement where the thieves came in and what I can't use, I can sell along to others you have similar needs."

"I'll give you 10 gold, and room and board for five days, for the lot." says Harry, "Deal?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Eris »

Anyone else with things to do in Lakeside before we move the party to The Road to the Ruins?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by shaidar »

Arram
Eris wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:31 pm Jocaster is a tall thin man with whispy hair surrounding a bald pate. He greets Arram warmly and welcomes him Lakeside.

When Arram mentions meeting the party at the Inn, Jocaster nods, "Yes, we commissioned some young adventurous types to go to the ruins. We had found writings that indicating a passage into the archives of the fallen Temple through an old crypt in the graveyard. We wanted them to confirm this and if they could to bring back what tomes and scrolls they could find. One of them came to us earlier today and said they can't confirm this yet as they were driven off by Orcs, but that they intended to go back and finish the mission."

Jocaster asks with a slight smile, "We here at the Temple would bless you if you could help them bring us this information."
"The Sun Father calls folk with many different skills and aptitudes, your holiness, and mine lie with direct action. I would join their group, if they will have me. From what I can tell they are a hardy bunch, but only have one healer amongst them, and they did not all return. They will need to light of Pelor to bolster them, and I pray that I am up to the task."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by Eris »

shaidar wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:52 pm Arram
Eris wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:31 pm Jocaster is a tall thin man with whispy hair surrounding a bald pate. He greets Arram warmly and welcomes him Lakeside.

"The Sun Father calls folk with many different skills and aptitudes, your holiness, and mine lie with direct action. I would join their group, if they will have me. From what I can tell they are a hardy bunch, but only have one healer amongst them, and they did not all return. They will need to light of Pelor to bolster them, and I pray that I am up to the task."
Jocaster rises his hand and says, "I will add you to our prayers, my son."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by shaidar »

Arram

"Thank you your holiness.

Arram spends some time in prayer at the temple before familiarising himself with the layout of the town for a few hours, and then returns to the inn for a hearty evening meal and a few pints, but not to excess.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Rex »

Eris wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:38 pm
Rex wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:53 pm Zennys

Harry Sill, the owner of The Duck Pond, rubs his chin, "I guess I could use a crowbar and hammer. The iron pot, too, always useful in the kitchens. Oh, I might as well take the shovel and pitons, too! We need to repair that big hole in the floor of my basement where the thieves came in and what I can't use, I can sell along to others you have similar needs."

"I'll give you 10 gold, and room and board for five days, for the lot." says Harry, "Deal?"

Zennys

"I will take it, much obliged."

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#74 Post by Darithe »

Vesper

The previous night Vesper introduces herself, "Vesper Grae, troubadour and adventuress, in search of fame and fortune," doffing her hat afterwards. She spends the night bathing and dressing in her finest afterwards to hobnob with those in the tavern before retiring for the night and rising early the next morn, ready to set out.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by ateno »

de Francisco will listen to the interchange and drink his third water and stand up.

"My friends I hope to be down by 9am for another meal, I am worn and need to sleep.

If no one has anything to say, he will head to bed.

de Francisco

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by ybn1197 »

joertexas wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:52 pm Carsta bestows a suppressive frown on the impetuous archer, and then she sighs and turns to the newcomers. "Frank here is annoying at best, but he is correct. I am going for a bath, and then to bed. We can break fast and discuss what we will do next."

As the young woman approaches the bar, Daerrin takes note of her limp and cautiously approaches her. "Young miss, I could not help but notice your limp and pain. Would you allow me the honor of removing that which ails you." He pauses a moment and realizes how awkward it must be for him to just appear like he did. "Forgive my rudeness, I am Daerrin Orcgutter, a humble servant of our Lord Moradin."
Daerrin Orcgutter, Cleric of Moradin

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by joertexas »

ybn1197 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:57 pm
joertexas wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:52 pm Carsta bestows a suppressive frown on the impetuous archer, and then she sighs and turns to the newcomers. "Frank here is annoying at best, but he is correct. I am going for a bath, and then to bed. We can break fast and discuss what we will do next."

As the young woman approaches the bar, Daerrin takes note of her limp and cautiously approaches her. "Young miss, I could not help but notice your limp and pain. Would you allow me the honor of removing that which ails you." He pauses a moment and realizes how awkward it must be for him to just appear like he did. "Forgive my rudeness, I am Daerrin Orcgutter, a humble servant of our Lord Moradin."
Daerrin Orcgutter, Cleric of Moradin
Carsta smiles tiredly. "Thank you, Daerrin Orcgutter. I'm just Carsta, and yes, I would like to have this healed. I don't have anything left to do it myself."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by ybn1197 »

joertexas wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:55 pm Carsta smiles tiredly. "Thank you, Daerrin Orcgutter. I'm just Carsta, and yes, I would like to have this healed. I don't have anything left to do it myself."
As Daerrin prays over her wounds, he can not help but see she is not a farmer nor are the wounds from the field. "Would it be safe to say that you fancy yourself an explorer; and would it be equally safe to ask if you are looking for others to assist you in your endeavor?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by shaidar »

Arram

Over breakfast Arram asks about how far the ruins are and how many days rations we will need.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by joertexas »

ybn1197 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:31 pm
As Daerrin prays over her wounds, he can not help but see she is not a farmer nor are the wounds from the field. "Would it be safe to say that you fancy yourself an explorer; and would it be equally safe to ask if you are looking for others to assist you in your endeavor?"
Carsta smiles. "Right now, I feel more like a training target for the orcs. But yes, we could use more help in the morning. Meet us here."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Return to “The Silver Vale (5e)”