0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 0004 Pequan to Tremous Dex

#181 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:49 am OOC: Probably, I got an Internal Server Error on three messages I posted. As it turns out, 2 actually showed up in forums, but the one in here disappeared into the ether. Who knows what happened.
Bah, pesky bots were most definitely "on my lawn" at the weekend! They were probably Hollywood AIs after harvesting some decent scripts! :P Standing by for an action post re: bomb disposal - that's unless the fiendish bots have struck again and have already "gremlined" your IC post!!! :o :SAN:
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#182 Post by Eris »

The critical rolls I'll be making are really, if whoever set this up thought about adding a jiggle trigger or any sort of amperage draw trigger. If they didn't think of either, then it's likely things will go off without a hitch...likely. :)

The box is exposed and the trio in Engineering proceed with their plan. Vacc suits are donned, Bob exits Main Engineering and takes up position as back up up in the garage area where the air/raft is stored, both gravity and pressure drops to zero in Main Engineering. Doug lifts the box out gingerly, nothing happens. He hands it to Sigrun who holds it while Doug attaches the extension cable...Doug fumbles the tool he is using, but still nothing happens and the cable is attached.

Sigrun heads to the aft airlock which Doug cycles the lock open, both are trying to be careful about not looking at Jump Space as it is known to have bad effects on people you look into it.

Sigrun, with a line around her waist and Doug belaying it, floats out to the edge of the airlock and we'll see if her rigged dart works...it does and the box flies out away from the ship intersecting with the jump barrier and disappearing....gone, like it never was! Pretty anti-climatic, actually.

Doug pulls Sigrun back inside, she doesn't need his help, as she is so far unaffected and the pair get the airlock closed and Doug goes to bring pressure and gravity back up.

"Went off with hardly a hitch!" says Doug over the comm to the Captain and crew, "Let's hope there aren't any other surprises hidden aboard this tub."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:21 am"Went off with hardly a hitch!" says Doug over the comm to the Captain and crew, "Let's hope there aren't any other surprises hidden aboard this tub."
After her display of competence with both vacc suit operations and zero G manoeuvre Sigrún unlatches her helmet at the first green light and joyously fills the engineering bay with a victorious whoop "Já!" She enthusiastically grips Doug's hand in the warrior's grip and claps Bob on the shoulder also shaking his hand when he comes down from the air/raft bay.

"Hah, we beat the bomb setting níðingr!" Reining in her celebration a little she adds "In my vision of the bomb I was in the cargo hold. Close enough to Engineering but perhaps we should check the cargo over as well? If while we do that someone who can use a plasma torch can weld up the cracked crate then things might settle down enough to allow us to plan how to dodge the ambush at Tremous Dex - then we should all get drunk!"

She calls Zaki on the ship's comm "The bomb is gone and I think the danger has passed so Donovan has no need to remain on guard if he prefers to sleep to heal. I will see you when you are ready because I gave my word - but I will not sleep in the autodoc if it has Vargr tech. I can recall having to put up with one that was medically disbarred!"
Eris wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:21 am The critical rolls I'll be making are really, if whoever set this up thought about adding a jiggle trigger or any sort of amperage draw trigger. If they didn't think of either, then it's likely things will go off without a hitch...likely. :)
FWIW Sigrun was putting a lot of store in Doug saying the bomb's wiring looked "amateur"... ;)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by joertexas »

helvorn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm
Donovan sighed a bit in relief that he hadn't offended Zaki. "I'm glad I didn't offend you. My question was not meant to hurt. I definitely would like to get to know you better and possibly even hear more of your story if and when you're ready." He suddenly grinned widely and chuckled. "Now that I'm done pissing off my doctor let's bring on the healing! If the bomb goes badly I would like to go into the afterlife intact or at least start that way. Even if a massage is to presumptuous I still owe you one."
"I just might take you up on that," Zaki says with a smile. :Now, let's see about that hand." She focuses on the autodoc's operation until she's sure it's working correctly.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#185 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:21 am "Went off with hardly a hitch!" says Doug over the comm to the Captain and crew, "Let's hope there aren't any other surprises hidden aboard this tub."
"Good work!" Flighty said back. "We'll need a stem to stern check. It can wait until after we all talk, but it'll need to be done."

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

helvorn
Tracker
Tracker

#186 Post by helvorn »

joertexas wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:58 pm
helvorn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:40 pm
Donovan sighed a bit in relief that he hadn't offended Zaki. "I'm glad I didn't offend you. My question was not meant to hurt. I definitely would like to get to know you better and possibly even hear more of your story if and when you're ready." He suddenly grinned widely and chuckled. "Now that I'm done pissing off my doctor let's bring on the healing! If the bomb goes badly I would like to go into the afterlife intact or at least start that way. Even if a massage is to presumptuous I still owe you one."
"I just might take you up on that," Zaki says with a smile. :Now, let's see about that hand." She focuses on the autodoc's operation until she's sure it's working correctly.
Donovan continued to smile. "At least now you have some motivation to fix my hand so I can deliver on my promise of that massage. No wacky psionic though." His face grew more serious. "Do you detect anything different about my brain after what happened?"
Donovan Argushiig, 697CB6, Merchant (3rd Officer), 3 terms, 30
Gun Cbt-1, Melee Cbt-0, Zero G-0, Steward-1, Pilot-1, Streetwise-1, Gunnery-2, Jack o’Trades-2, Trader-3, Carousing-1, Liaison-1, Engineering-1, Comms-1

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#187 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:58 pm "I just might take you up on that," Zaki says with a smile. :Now, let's see about that hand." She focuses on the autodoc's operation until she's sure it's working correctly.
I would like to try our Sigrún's idea, let me do what I know as first aid and concentrate on the procedure and see if I can accomplish any healing like I heard a Shaman from another tribe did many years ago."

Karcsi will clean, glove and mask himself then clean the hand and remove gross dead skin, clean it with sanitizer beam and liquid cleanser, apply a anti biotic cream and wrap lightly with gauze and secure. "next i would write you a script to see a wound doctor.

turns

"How did I do doc, should we scan it for change?"

I hope i can keep up

Karcsi
'
Last edited by ateno on Fri May 03, 2024 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by joertexas »

helvorn wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:26 pmDonovan continued to smile. "At least now you have some motivation to fix my hand so I can deliver on my promise of that massage. No wacky psionic though." His face grew more serious. "Do you detect anything different about my brain after what happened?"
Zaki starts to answer, and then she turns to the door as Karcsi comes in.
ateno wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:21 amI would like to try our Sigrid's idea, let me do what I know as first aid and concentrate on the procedure and see if I can accomplish any healing like I heard a Shaman from another tribe did many years ago."
Zaki thinks for a moment. "Donovan, do you want him to try his method?"

OOG: Preempting the rest of the procedure for the moment...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:28 pm OOG: Preempting the rest of the procedure for the moment...
Tiglath wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 pm She calls Zaki on the ship's comm "The bomb is gone and I think the danger has passed so Donovan has no need to remain on guard if he prefers to sleep to heal. I will see you when you are ready because I gave my word - but I will not sleep in the autodoc if it has Vargr tech. I can recall having to put up with one that was medically disbarred!"
Sigrún was bothering the overworked medic on the "blower" as well! :roll:

Can't these people just form an orderly queue??? ;) :) :P

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#190 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:01 pm
joertexas wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:28 pm OOG: Preempting the rest of the procedure for the moment...
Tiglath wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 pm She calls Zaki on the ship's comm "The bomb is gone and I think the danger has passed so Donovan has no need to remain on guard if he prefers to sleep to heal. I will see you when you are ready because I gave my word - but I will not sleep in the autodoc if it has Vargr tech. I can recall having to put up with one that was medically disbarred!"
Sigrún was bothering the overworked medic on the "blower" as well! :roll:

Can't these people just form an orderly queue??? ;) :) :P
Some cultures queue and wait, some crowd and clump, and some start to queue...but get impatient when the line isn't moving to their liking so they start pushing forward until it is a clump. :)

Karcis doesn't seem to have any special effect when trying to "heal" Donovan. Whatever he did, or happened, before doesn't seem to be happening now.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#191 Post by ateno »

"Well beside a tremendously snappy dressing, I don't see a difference.

Karcsi degloves and washes himself.

"Are we sure there are no more bombs?"

Karcsi

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#192 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:50 pm "Well beside a tremendously snappy dressing, I don't see a difference.

Karcsi
"No, but we should have an all-hands meeting to work out what we're doing," Flighty said.

That said, he opened a ship-wide channel. "All hands meeting in the galley once Donovan is healed up. How long will that be, Joxe? Also, we need to open a briefcase. Can someone being a cutter up that won't wreck the contents?"

Flighty
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#193 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:25 pm
ateno wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:50 pm "Well beside a tremendously snappy dressing, I don't see a difference.

Karcsi
"No, but we should have an all-hands meeting to work out what we're doing," Flighty said.

That said, he opened a ship-wide channel. "All hands meeting in the galley once Donovan is healed up. How long will that be, Joxe? Also, we need to open a briefcase. Can someone being a cutter up that won't wreck the contents?"

Flighty
Best to give Donovan another hour in the Autodoc then give him another hour session each of the next couple of days. Same for Sigrun, it shouldn't take more than 3 or 4 hour sessions to get her completely healed.

Doug comms back, "Okay, Skipper. Everything in Engineering is A-Ok, at the moment. Give us an hour and Bob and I can join everybody in the galley. I'm going to weld that particular shipping container shut and cover it will those left offer hull plates you pulled off the wreak. I don't know if that'll stop whatever voodoo is going on, but it can't hurt."

OOC: Let's move ahead an hour or two to the meeting in the galley.

"Crate's all sealed up." Doug says walking into the Galley with Bob. As everybody grabs a drink and a chair, Bob speaks up, "The floor's yours Captain."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#194 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:43 pm OOC: Let's move ahead an hour or two to the meeting in the galley.

"Crate's all sealed up." Doug says walking into the Galley with Bob. As everybody grabs a drink and a chair, Bob speaks up, "The floor's yours Captain."
Flighty will stand from where he was drinking some coffee. "Glad to hear it. First off, good job, everyone. This could have gone very poorly if our crack engineering team hadn't found that device. Needless to say, I believe this voids the contract we entered and our erstwhile employers have now forfeited their deposit. No doubt they'd disagree, but here we are. We can discuss that at length, but I believe we need to address the elephant in the room. In case you're unfamiliar with the species, it's very large and would stand out a lot. What I mean is that the cargo seems to have done things to us. Well, most of us. I think we should start by cataloging what we've experienced."

He scratched his head. "As hard as it is for me to say this with a straight face, I was watching Bob and Doug find the bomb while I was still in the cargo bay. I also watched Zaki and Donovan talking in sickbay. That's something that I believe was once called clairvoyance and means I was perceiving things at a distance. Sigrun seemed to recognize the object, and indicated it might be the cause. I was going to take pictures, but it overwhelmed me. What I'd like to know is what other experiences people have had. Bob and Doug, did you feel or experience anything weird when sealing up the container? Anyone else? Sigrun and Karsci said something about prophetic visions. Ones showing us being ambushed. That feels kind of important."

Flighty
Last edited by terrymixon on Sat May 04, 2024 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#195 Post by ateno »

"I was tested by my shamen when I was young, I was told no, a warrior."

Karcsi looks around.

"I had dr4eams is all, that was my first time in a healing unit, do you not have dreams there?"

Karcsi

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#196 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:06 pm "I was tested by my shamen when I was young, I was told no, a warrior."

Karcsi looks around.

"I had dr4eams is all, that was my first time in a healing unit, do you not have dreams there?"

Karcsi
"I haven't in the past. Maybe I misheard. Zaki? What was it you said you said?"

Flighty
Last edited by terrymixon on Sat May 04, 2024 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#197 Post by Eris »

Doug shakes his head, "No visions, no anything as far as I know, but I wasn't really around it, except to weld the container shut."

"Well, I sort of felt worried and expected that second big worm thing to show up." Bob says, "Then it did, but that might not mean anything at all. Nothing since then, though."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrún says "I can, if not explain, then give an account that makes a kind of sense. The talisman is a psionic focus - maybe booster is better. It is called Hargvats Vayri taghandi bats’ahaytum that's Zdetl - the Zhodani language which is also the script on the talisman. I somehow "knew" this but I neither speak nor read Zhodani. The talisman is a catalyst for latent psionic activity. The Zhodani expose those with psionic potential to the talisman and it... precipitates any latent abilities... it was doing that to me for a very long time while I was in hibernation... ah... low berth? It also did it to my bunk mate - the first giant snake that bit Karcsi. Despite that, and like Karcsi, I don't have any mastery of psionic arts but I will add that "wild" or untrained psionic talents are about as dangerous as ownership of that Zhodani artefact".

"I had two visions. One was of a bomb on a timer but before that I was on the bridge of this vessel Flighty and Donovan were laughing about something. Then I was floating in space I saw a gas giant and from a point near it another vessel ambushed and destroyed this ship".

"So that, at least grants some explanation for the events we all experienced. I have also recovered from some of the amnesia caused by my head wound. I am Korvettenkapitän Sigrún Völsung, Third Auxiliary Raiding Squadron, Sacnoth Fleet, Sword Worlds Navy. I was born on Isenfang - a world now stolen and illegally occupied by the Imperium. I bear none here any ill will but if any of you wish to re-ignite the recent war now you know my identity you'll find me willing enough".

"In all the talk of psionics earlier you'd think that I'd have mentioned that I served with a Zhodani but, likely due to the talisman's influence undoing another much more well crafted amnesia, I've only just remembered that specific part of my service myself! I have to accept that, though I may have reclaimed a small part of it, my mind's a mess... and rather like my homeworld - still occupied territory".

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#199 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:03 pm Sigrún says "I can, if not explain, then give an account that makes a kind of sense. The talisman is a psionic focus - maybe booster is better. It is called Hargvats Vayri taghandi bats’ahaytum that's Zdetl - the Zhodani language which is also the script on the talisman. I somehow "knew" this but I neither speak nor read Zhodani. The talisman is a catalyst for latent psionic activity. The Zhodani expose those with psionic potential to the talisman and it... precipitates any latent abilities... it was doing that to me for a very long time while I was in hibernation... ah... low berth? It also did it to my bunk mate - the first giant snake that bit Karcsi. Despite that, and like Karcsi, I don't have any mastery of psionic arts but I will add that "wild" or untrained psionic talents are about as dangerous as ownership of that Zhodani artefact".

"I had two visions. One was of a bomb on a timer but before that I was on the bridge of this vessel Flighty and Donovan were laughing about something. Then I was floating in space I saw a gas giant and from a point near it another vessel ambushed and destroyed this ship".

"So that, at least grants some explanation for the events we all experienced. I have also recovered from some of the amnesia caused by my head wound. I am Korvettenkapitän Sigrún Völsung, Third Auxiliary Raiding Squadron, Sacnoth Fleet, Sword Worlds Navy. I was born on Isenfang - a world now stolen and illegally occupied by the Imperium. I bear none here any ill will but if any of you wish to re-ignite the recent war now you know my identity you'll find me willing enough".

"In all the talk of psionics earlier you'd think that I'd have mentioned that I served with a Zhodani but, likely due to the talisman's influence undoing another much more well crafted amnesia, I've only just remembered that specific part of my service myself! I have to accept that, though I may have reclaimed a small part of it, my mind's a mess... and rather like my homeworld - still occupied territory".
"I'm glad you're starting to remember," Flighty said. "I hope it all comes back in time. I don't think you'll find any here wanting to dispute the war again."

He sighed. "If we believe the prescient view of the bomb, then we must accept that someone wishing us ill will attack us while refueling at some point. Luckily, we know the bomb was there and voided that future. We can plan our way around the other one, too. We'll still have to go over the entire ship--including the software and computers--to be sure we don't have other sabotage waiting to bite us in the ass."

Flighty gestured at the briefcase on the table. "We have a briefcase that might have some info on the Zhodoni device. Might not, either. Zaki scanned it and it seems clear, but someone will have to carefully cut it open so we can see for sure. Anyone else have any psionic issues to report?"

Flighty

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by Tiglath »

terrymixon wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:54 pm Flighty gestured at the briefcase on the table. "We have a briefcase that might have some info on the Zhodoni device. Might not, either. Zaki scanned it and it seems clear, but someone will have to carefully cut it open so we can see for sure. Anyone else have any psionic issues to report?"
Sigrún produces a large folding utility knife and opening it says "Já without knowing it I carved dragons and big snakes all over a workbench on the derelict ship". She shrugs "I like dragons and at the time the snake and I had been mentally... oversharing... for overlong".

She beckons with the fingers of her offhand to whoever holds (or is nearest to) the the briefcase and, if given custody, proceeds to immediately stab it as the first step in slicing around the bottom/rear to expose the contents.

"If any sophisticated trigger booby trap on this case survived the deceleration that pulped the wreck's engineer I'll see you in the All Father's feast hall".

Return to “Adventure 1: A Simple Pickup”