IC I

thirdkingdom
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: IC I

#861 Post by kalstone »

Tiarsus

Tiarsus will help search for other secret doors.

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#862 Post by Dicey »

Among the inferior weaponry of the dead, Dirk looked for a bow or any missile weapons to replace his rocks.

Can you tell if a botched lock picking attempt triggered the trap, or if the thief failed to spot the trap before the lock pick was attempted?” Dirk asked.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#863 Post by thirdkingdom »

kalstone wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:44 pm Tiarsus

Tiarsus will help search for other secret doors.
Tiarsus's sharp eyes soon pick out what before remained hidden; the outline of a concealed door to the left in the alcove with the trapped door.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#864 Post by sulldawga »

Themon says, Hey, I was right! Tiarsus, see if you can pry that open without getting squashed.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#865 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

With the discovery of the door, Atticus removes himself from under the stone block and returns to the corridor.
Last edited by shaidar on Wed May 01, 2024 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#866 Post by kalstone »

Tiarsus

Tiarsus gives the door a once-over to see if there are any obvious traps.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#867 Post by thirdkingdom »

Dicey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:12 pm Among the inferior weaponry of the dead, Dirk looked for a bow or any missile weapons to replace his rocks.

Can you tell if a botched lock picking attempt triggered the trap, or if the thief failed to spot the trap before the lock pick was attempted?” Dirk asked.
Sorry, I missed this

Both the dead brigands were carrying crossbows -- at least, it *looks* like the one currently spread out across the floor under the trap had one -- but both weapons are mangled. The live brigand is carrying a crossbow, as well.

It's hard to tell, sans a trained thief, how the trap was set off. It is probable, especially given the discovery of a secret door adjacent to the other one, that the trap is rigged to go off regardless of how the lock is fiddled with.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#868 Post by thirdkingdom »

kalstone wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:40 am Tiarsus

Tiarsus gives the door a once-over to see if there are any obvious traps.
It does not appear to be trapped, and Tiarsus discovers what is likely the mechanism to open the door; a square of flooring, to the left of the secret door, neatly outlined with puddled blood from the squashed brigand.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#869 Post by kalstone »

[Tiarsus]

Tiarsus will attempt to trigger the door using the square of flooring.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#870 Post by sulldawga »

kalstone wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 4:45 pm [Tiarsus]

Tiarsus will attempt to trigger the door using the square of flooring.
From a distance, I hope! Do we have a 10' pole or something similar, just to be on the safe side?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#871 Post by thirdkingdom »

Tiarsus pushes on the odd square, and the concealed door to the left of the false door pivots inwards with a groan and the squeal of un-oiled hinges, revealing a smaller chamber beyond, shrouded in shadow and dust.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#872 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

"Let's shine some light in there for a better look before we think of entering, there may be more traps."

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#873 Post by Dicey »

thirdkingdom wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:02 pm Brigand

“…Sano had it in her pocket when you . . . distracted her."
Since no one else remembered, Dirk searched the pockets of the crushed thief for the map.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#874 Post by thirdkingdom »

Dicey wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:47 pm
thirdkingdom wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:02 pm Brigand

“…Sano had it in her pocket when you . . . distracted her."
Since no one else remembered, Dirk searched the pockets of the crushed thief for the map.
It's . . . there. A sheet of vellum, now absolutely saturated with blood and viscera. It'll need a good washing -- or perhaps it would be better to let it dry and scrape off the mess -- before it can be read.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#875 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:44 pm Atticus

"Let's shine some light in there for a better look before we think of entering, there may be more traps."
The light reveals a small chamber, twenty feet to a side. The secret door is in the northwestern corner of the room. In the eastern corner of the southern wall is a door. There are three corpses on the floor, covered in a thick layer of dust, and a large chest in the southwestern corner of the room.

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#876 Post by Dicey »

Maybe this will be useful later,” said Dirk of the moist map. He left it folded open to dry it out.

Can we tell how the bodies were killed?” he wondered aloud, looking around and up from the doorway.

Grapple or lasso rope that chest over to us?” the cautious or perhaps impractical dervish said.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#877 Post by thirdkingdom »

Dicey wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:47 pmMaybe this will be useful later,” said Dirk of the moist map. He left it folded open to dry it out.

Can we tell how the bodies were killed?” he wondered aloud, looking around and up from the doorway.

Grapple or lasso rope that chest over to us?” the cautious or perhaps impractical dervish said.
It's hard to tell without a close examination what killed the bodies. They're buried under such a thick layer of dust it's even difficult to tell they are corpses. This chamber has clearly not been disturbed in some time. It make be possible to lasso the chest and drag it over.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#878 Post by sulldawga »

Themon says, Might be better to lasso a corpse or two and drag them over. They're less likely to be trapped and we can examine them to see how they died.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#879 Post by sulldawga »

In fact, Themon continues, Megshag, you have some rope. Pull it out and hand it over.

Assuming Megshag does so, Themon attempts to rope a corpse and pull it toward the door.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#880 Post by shaidar »

Atticus

"I have rope if we need more."

Return to “The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings (BX/OSE)”