creative-upscale-72qzw (1).jpg
creative-upscale-72qzw (1).jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 226 times
(note too many fingers on one hand)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Creation

#22 Post by ybn1197 »

shaidar wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 pm (note too many fingers on one hand)
Are there 7 fingers on that right hand :shock: :lol:

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by shaidar »

I count 6, :)

It's a shame this happens occasionally, otherwise it does pretty good.
Last edited by shaidar on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rex »

Aside from the wrong number of fingers I like picture, very cool.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by ffilz »

Since we already have an Elf Fighter (Ranger) (which was also my idea...) I'll stick with Human Fighter (Knight).

What are my next decisions (I'm not really familiar with 5e...).
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Edeldhur »

ybn1197 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm
shaidar wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 pm (note too many fingers on one hand)
Are there 7 fingers on that right hand :shock: :lol:
An abomination! We need a holy man to... Oh, wait...

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Eris »

ybn1197 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:09 pm
Rex wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:03 pm Are we splitting up into 2 groups?
Eris wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:21 pm That's 11 players if everyone sticks. I can run with that many, but I'm going to close additions for now. If things get too crowded I might split the party
I'm guessing that Eris will have us start as one large group and see how it progresses.
Right now, my idea is that one group is coming back from a partly successful (they didn't all die) adventure and they meet the rest of you in Lakeside (maybe in a Tavern, maybe in the Adventurer's Guild Hall, we'll see).
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

List of Character Concepts

#28 Post by Eris »

I'm posting what everyone is coming up with so people that haven't can see what's lacking and those that have can decide if they want to switch things around. These are in the order as I happen to see them as I go down the thread, so don't read anything more into that. :)

1. Darithe, JR and Terry you want me to work up your PC's, making them similar to those you were originally playing, right?

2. Everyone look the roster over. How does the party look to you?

3. As it might inform the characters you want to play, a bit about what you're going to see on "The Job Board" in town:
  • The Temple in town has a mission to recover some tomes from some tombs in the nearby ruins. Actually, from the Archive in the tombs.
  • The Wizard in the Tower in town wants a particular scroll found in those ruins. His research indicates that it is in a fallen tower and can describe the particular runes on the outside of the scroll case.
  • The Duke's Steward wants the nearby ruins cleared of Goblins, as they have been causing trouble for the farms in the area. (The exiting party knows there are Orcs there, too, but the Steward doesn't appear to know that.)
  • The Merchant's Guild is organizing caravans that need guards. There is a caravan going down river to Fallcrest in a couple of weeks and then one is scheduled to travel by road to Hammerfast next month.
  • And, this isn't on the Job Board, but the existing group knows, a tribe of not unfriendly Kobolds needs protection from town folk, Goblins and Barklings while they move to a location where the town will be safe from them...and they will be safe from the town.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: List of Character Concepts

#29 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:16 pm1. Darithe, JR and Terry you want me to work up your PC's, making them similar to those you were originally playing, right?
Yes, please. Carsta (one 'r') Fletcher, cleric
Carsta Fletcher.jpg
Carsta Fletcher.jpg (226.69 KiB) Viewed 172 times
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rex »

Looks like a reasonable mix of classes. Could use another cleric maybe but I like cleric heavy groups.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by shaidar »

Yeah, not a bad mix, another cleric would be nice but I'm sure we can make do.

Hey Joe, can I ask which diety Carsta follows?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Marullus »

Hellebore also has Medicine skill for mundane healing. (Eris, you'll need to clarify that like you did in Shadowdark - mundane healing in 5e is a Feat and we aren't using Feats and we aren't using stabilization/death saves).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 am Yeah, not a bad mix, another cleric would be nice but I'm sure we can make do.

Hey Joe, can I ask which diety Carsta follows?
I haven't specified a deity for her.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by shaidar »

fair enough. :)

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Darithe »

Vesper was originally half-elf but I have no objection to making her full blooded. I'll try to work up her character sheet tomorrow or more likely Monday.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by hedgeknight »

Clearing out a bunch of Goblins sounds like a fun weekend for Travok, but he is also interested in traveling to Hammerfast...so he will inquire how much the pay will be for that.
Winter is coming...

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by ybn1197 »

Daerrin is almost complete. I have to purchase equipment and then finish transcribing from Hero Lab to the Unseen Servant site.
Daerrin Orcgutter
Mountain dwarf Cleric 3
Medium humanoid, lawful good

--------------------
Armor Class 8
Hit Points 24 (3d8+6)
Speed 25 ft.
--------------------
STR 17 (+3), DEX 7 (-2), CON 15 (+2), INT 11 (+0), WIS 16 (+3), CHA 12 (+1)
--------------------
Saving Throws Wis +5, Cha +3
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidation +3, Medicine +5, Religion +2
Damage Resistances poison
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 13
Languages Common, Dwarvish

Actions
--------------------
Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature.
Hit: 4 bludgeoning damage.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Races & Languages

#38 Post by Eris »

Marullus wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:43 pm ...what languages will be relevant?
;) All, none, some. As it turns out specific languages are not particularly important...most of the time.

It's a big strange world out there! There are Orcs, Goblins, Ysoki or Ratfolk and their smaller cousins the Mousefolk, Kobolds, Bullywugs, Gnolls, Gnomes, Giants, Dryads, Fairies, Barklings, Elves of various kinds...maybe even Drow, Hobbits and their cousins the Halflings (only they can tell the difference), Dwarves of various types and their cousins the Duergar, Dragons, Aasimon both Angelic and Demonic, Trolls, Lizardfolk, Ogres, Sahuagin, Tortles, Humans and other races of sentient or semi-sentient creatures.

Each of these races has one or more languages, most have many more than one. However, pidgin versions are common within language groups and across races. The most common pidgin is...you guessed it...Common! Get it? :)

Most speak, at least, some Common. Those who don't speak Common speak, at least, some Undercommon. Even Common and Undercommon share many words, so you can communicate with most creatures, at least, at the pidgin level with one of those two. Which one you and it know tell you something about their alignment, too.

So, in short, a Common pidgin will give you basic communication with most people.

I'll address Medicine and the Gods shortly. I'm way behind getting things done. :(
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Marullus »

My Sage picks two languages. I am inspired by the existence of mousefolk (definitely something the inquisitive hobbit would befriend in the hills). Then Common and Undercommon will do for licit and illicit trade for tomes and knowledge. I would say "other languages things are written in" but she intentionally cultivated magical Comprehend Languages for reading purposes. Fluency comes with (and for) talking to others.

Also, Hellebore is rewritten per discussion here as Rogue 1/Wizard 2 (Wizard 3 is too potent), the inquisitive hobbit having Expertise in Arcana and Investigation skills.

She'd be excited IC for the first two jobs - getting tomes from tombs (and finding an Archive!) as well as scrolls for wizards in the same ruins.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by ffilz »

Did more, formatted kind of miserable...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dqt ... sp=sharing

Will copy into Unseen Servant sheet later...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Return to “The Silver Vale (5e)”