Wrin's Wonders

hedgeknight
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Wrin's Wonders

#21 Post by hedgeknight »

Computer +1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:10 am Is this something that Tumbler may have heard of before?
Yes, here is what he knows:

The Pathfinder Society is a globe-spanning organization based out of Absalom, the City at the Center of the World. The membership consists primarily of Pathfinders, adventurers who travel throughout Golarion—usually inconspicuously—and explore, delve, and otherwise experience the lesser-seen parts of the world. They send journals documenting their travels back to their venture-captains, who also assigns them new missions and suggests new places to explore.
Members of the Society are loosely affiliated adventurers who are not required to interact. They are, however, forbidden to attack or otherwise negatively influence one another. This does not stop the more unscrupulous from leading rival parties into dangerous situations and dead ends.
Most Pathfinders are issued a wayfinder, a type of magical compass, and taught to recognize the signs indicating a lodge. Other than that, they are largely free to be and do what they please.
The Pathfinder Society in general is too varied and loosely organized to have a single perception shared by all or most of the public. Most venture-captains live in their lodges and are members of their respective communities, and thus have a somewhat more stable and respectable air than the Society as a whole. Individual Pathfinders often clash with the wishes of their venture-captains and with members of the public, but most try to not cause irreparable harm to the reputation of the Society. Of course, the Society takes in all kinds, and occasionally these "bad apples" harm the already precarious view of Pathfinders as legitimate scholars and explorers.

There's a lot more to it, but this is the general gist of what common folk know.
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler is interested. Exploring new places, seeing things no one has ever seen before sounds very exciting. How that will fit into Tumbler's dreams of smithing he has no idea but surely there must be a way. One bit of doubt pops into Tumbler's mind. That sounds very exciting. I mean to explore is why I left me home to begin with but. I'm already kinda a part of something else. Making locks is one thing but sometimes people pay to get locks opened too. Two sides of the same coin but not everyone sees it that way. I'm not sure if thats the kind o person the Pathfinder's would want if ye catch me meaning...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by hedgeknight »

Wrin smiles and nods and says, "It is not a decision you have to make today. I tell you what - hang onto this starfinder for me, and after you and your friends have completed your mission for the Fishery, return and see me. And bring your friends too! I would love to meet them."
She hands Tumbler the starfinder and stands. "Is there anything else I can do for you today?"
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by Computer +1 »

Tumbler also stands up. I will take you up on that, I'll be back after. As fer the now, ye wouldn't happen to have any potions of healing would ya?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by hedgeknight »

Wrin smiles. "Of course. How many do you need and what strength?"
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion (Pathfinder 2e)”