Along the Old North Road

Edeldhur
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Along the Old North Road

#81 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

Bodkin looks at Talesian, "If you are going to gawk you could at least help some."

Turning to Hreigă, "He doesn't get to go until he has told us something useful. Like where is the goblin hideout, how many goblins, that sort of thing."

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#82 Post by Edeldhur »

Dicey wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 pm Talesian, warrior

Talesian hefts the leader’s battle axe and cuts off the heads of four goblins. She sticks each head on the end of a spear, than sticks them in the ground around the area. “As a warning to other goblin scum.”
The goblin's eyes go even wider (if that is possible), and he whimpers to himself.
Dicey wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:01 pmShe turns to Dopkin: “Rark was delivering this chest to the Bleak Tower? From who, and to whom? What business do you have there yourself?”

What do the PCs know of the Bleak Tower?
Darithe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:21 pmHreigă of Căléd

"And why exactly were you headed for Bleak Tower Master Dopkin?" she asks genuinely interested.
"Rark's delivery I do not know much about, but myself I have been called by the tower provisioner himself" - the halfling seems to recover some of his composure, straightening his vest and dusting it off - "I will be in charge of overseeing purchases" - he smiled, happy with himself.

(About the Bleak Tower, you know it is one of the last bastions trying to bring a semblance of order to the Margravate of Blackmarch, and maintain the dirt track which serves as a hinterland trade route. In its heyday, the Tower managed to secure a hundred-mile stretch of the Old North Road, reopening the long forgotten route to commerce. But as the years wore on revenues from tolls grew thin, and thus Blackmarch lost much of its previous luster)

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#83 Post by Edeldhur »

Darithe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:21 pmHreigă of Căléd

She pats the goblin on the shoulders when she sees his reaction to the slaughter of his sleeping companions. Not that it mattered to her as they would have been fine doing the same to her if they had the chance. But nonetheless, she consoled the goblin prisoner in what she hoped was a maternal manner, or a reasonably close facsimile of such.
The goblin scoots closer to Hreigă, hiding protectively behind her leg.

In Goblin:
"Please Lady. No kill. Zagzug serves Lady"

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by kwll »

Darithe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:21 pm "What will we do with this one?," she says to whoever listens. "He's been truthful and helpful in his way, so I suggest letting him so. He will only slow us down and since he doesn't speak our tongue, he has no knowledge of our intentions," she glances at the others inquisitively.
"Maybe we can put him in the chest." suggests Uthæs, joking. Or is he?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

"I am not carry the goblin. He can carry the chest though. At least get some use out of him."

donjong
Runner
Runner

#86 Post by donjong »

Cropey Oarswain

"I'm not sure I want to hurry to the Bleak Tower if it means letting the poor dwarf lay here and be eaten by flies. I like Bodkin's idea -- let the murderous little mongrel carry the remains of Rark. The dwarf deserves a proper burial, but I think he might have to settle for a funeral at the Bleak Tower. Whatever the case, it serves the goblin right to drag the chest all the way to the tower without help. Poor Rark!"

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#87 Post by Dicey »

Talesian relieves Bodkin of two spears, the others being used as poles for goblin heads.

Let us to the tower then.”

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#88 Post by Darithe »

Hreigă of Căléd

Hreigă frowns at the goblin's words, she had been a servant once, and the last thing she needed was one herself. She looks down at the goblin and says in his native tongue, "Zagzug if you insist on being a servant then you may serve as a temporary one. Carry the chest to the keep. Perform that duty and then you are free." She repeats the words in common so that all hear adding, "I have given my word that we are freeing him once he carries the chest to the keep. Do you all agree with that? If not, I will tell him to leave here and now."

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by kwll »

Uthæs looks at Hreigă and, as usual, doesn't say a word.

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#90 Post by Dicey »

Talesian, vengeful warrior

The spear-staked dead goblin heads stare down lifelessly upon the scene.

The goblin is part of the monster threat plaguing Blackmarch. They are murderers and thieves - from poor Rark here to countless others before now. We will not let it free. If not killed now, then bring to the Bleak Tower for the leader to put to trial.”

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

"Lets get moving before his friends come back with more friends."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by gurusql »

Jůnger

"Yes, let us get moving."

donjong
Runner
Runner

#93 Post by donjong »

Cropey Oarswain

"To the Bleak Tower!"

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#94 Post by Edeldhur »

In Goblin to Hreigă:
"Yes master, yes! Zagzug take chest and do good!"

All can see the goblin trying to lift the chest, but he is obviously too weak to do it - unwilling to give up, he starts dragging the things. Slowly but steadily he makes progress, leaving a drag mark on the road as he goes. Turning back to the group he gives the 'thumbs up' sign, and then continues.

(Don't want to break our momentum, but I feel like it would be important to allow Hreigă some time to reply if she is ok with the terms of Zagzug indentured servitude :D)

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#95 Post by Darithe »

Hreigă of Căléd

Hreigă grins at Zagzug and says in goblin before repeating it in common, "Good attempt but I think someone a bit beefier might help or carry it themselves, otherwise we'll be dragging the blamed chest half the night to reach the keep. Zagzug you may serve as my assistant until such time as you've earned your freedom."

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by kwll »

Uthæs shrugs and gives a hand to the goblin to carry the chest.

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#97 Post by Dicey »

Talesian, troubled
Darithe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:09 pm Hreigă of Căléd

… Zagzug you may serve as my assistant until such time as you've earned your freedom."[/color]
Would Rark’s family agree that a goblin who was part of the murdering party that killed him can get to EARN HIS FREEDOM as a lackey!?”

Talesian seemed quite upset.

They boxed a halfing to eat later. They kill and pillage the land.”

An arrow was swiftly nocked in Talesian’s bow

Are we going to let this stand?”

Talesian drew back the arrow to fire.

No.”

(No one agreed to Hreiga’s proposal, there was one nay, and several avoidances of ‘let’s just go to the tower.” Odd there was no role playing out such a morally murky issue.)

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#98 Post by Edeldhur »

(I think we are still roleplaying ;))

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Rex »

Edeldhur wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:21 pm (I think we are still roleplaying ;))
Correct. Not every person deals with situations by having a discussion.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#100 Post by Darithe »

Hreigă of Căléd

Hreigă moved between the goblin and Talesian, "Rark's family is not here to claim that life and I am. But since your morals are so easily challenged by this creature's breath, and you have decreed yourself judge and executioner, let the one here who who was harmed speak as witness. If he wishes judgment upon the goblin, then I will step aside and let you sate your bloodlust." Her eyes look to the halfling, "Master Dopkin, was this the creature that killed Rark? And did he force you into the chest? Do you require his life for his actions?"
My character is neutral in alignment. Note she had no objections to the murder of the sleeping goblins nor does she care for revenge.

Return to “Edeldhur's Swords & Wizardry Incursion (S&W)”