Starport Bar (OOC Chat Area)

Hvalreki
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Starport Bar (OOC Chat Area)

#181 Post by subaltari »

So in effect this is a contest, or opposed roll, between players and referee...

Spearmint wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 amDoes this work?
Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: Mechanics [2d6+3]=8+3=11
I'm good with that! :mrgreen:

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#182 Post by Hvalreki »

subaltari wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:08 pm So in effect this is a contest, or opposed roll, between players and referee...
It’s a contest of fates and the die roller, I’m just an impartial adjudicator of the circumstances players get themselves in :lol:

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#183 Post by Eris »

You know, folks, Starport Security (and the Administration) has already been in this ship while it was sitting here on the tarmac. I imagine if they were going to find anything they probably already would have. They probably did and didn't care all that much is my guess..."Pesky Imperials, always snooping around! We'd probably tell them most anything they want to know, if they'd just ask."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#184 Post by Thumper »

I don’t think that’s quite correct.

From the first meeting with the Administer:
Local security forces boarded not long after the ship's launch left on an unscheduled flight. The main lock was open and has since been secured with a port lock until the hold is released. No one else has been aboard since.
From the second:
"Well, there's no proof Pinkwater had anything to do with this, but that's not to say maybe they looked the other way, or were drunk, or just didn't pay attention.
So, officially, Pinkwater security are the only ones who have been onboard. How confident are you that the thugs we’ve seen around the port know their way around a starship…and one with higher TL equipment than Amondiage offers?

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#185 Post by Eris »

Thumper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:42 pm I don’t think that’s quite correct.

From the first meeting with the Administer:
Local security forces boarded not long after the ship's launch left on an unscheduled flight. The main lock was open and has since been secured with a port lock until the hold is released. No one else has been aboard since.
From the second:
"Well, there's no proof Pinkwater had anything to do with this, but that's not to say maybe they looked the other way, or were drunk, or just didn't pay attention.
So, officially, Pinkwater security are the only ones who have been onboard. How confident are you that the thugs we’ve seen around the port know their way around a starship…and one with higher TL equipment than Amondiage offers?
Yeah, that's what she said, but

Oh, heck! This should be IG, so I'm posting it there...
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#186 Post by Hvalreki »

Thumper wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:32 am Ty will return briefly to the Administrator's office to say:
One of our crew members is working on the landing skids now and doesn't know how long the damage repairs will take. I also am having difficulty raising a couple other crew members who must be away from their comms. I presume they are wedged between some panels or piping or something like that. Can we inform you when we might be ready for a tow and repair work?

Ty will look at the starport's interwebs to see if there's an engineer looking for work. Second, he will ask Easy to accompany him over to the Divine Providence to consult with their Engineer. Perhaps we can hire him for a few days. (Who embarks on a ship recovery without an Engineer in the Crew?)
:D

Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#187 Post by Thumper »

Ol’ Rummy!

How’d the conceal job go and did we learn anything from Screwface about Engineering repairs?

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#188 Post by subaltari »

I'll be on vacation and may not be posting much until next Tuesday. Hopefully Gabe can stay out of trouble!

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#189 Post by Hvalreki »

subaltari wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:39 pm I'll be on vacation and may not be posting much until next Tuesday. Hopefully Gabe can stay out of trouble!
Thanks for the head's up! Enjoy the time off meng!

subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#190 Post by subaltari »

Spearmint wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:26 pmDespite a long military career, I don't have the reconnaissance skill on my list of abilities, though I suspect Forward Observer might be reconciled to covertly take some more info on the van and its occupants.
My guy :) you still haven't embraced the soul of the 3 LBBs/1977 Classic Traveller. Before Book 4 there is no Recon skill, therefore you don't need it ‒ and better yet, per Hvalreki's service & terms rule, Easy might have a default DM for such tasks. Or use FO as a stand-in, as you said. Gabe's Tactics skill also covers both perception & stealth in many cases. But for all gadget-based reconnaissance, Electronics is the obvious go-to. :geek:

Return to “Repo Men (Classic Traveller)”