[002] A Temple and a Tomb

Eris
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [002] A Temple and a Tomb

#181 Post by Marullus »

Naugrim reverently touches his law book and whispers prayers as he feels the evil of the room. A wash of pale light passes over him before he takes up his new mace of unknown powers and his shield.
Shield of Faith (DC 11) [1d20+2]=9+2=11

Willow knocks her bow at the rear, whispering, "It's a ghost, I know it." She sprinkles some salt superstitiously and sniffs a pitch of ground, dark powder.
Foebane (DC 13) with advantage [1d20]=4[1d20]=6 for [1d6]=1 rounds
Forgot to add the +2s, bit that's still a fail.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

Ulfgar waits for Wendel to do his thing.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#183 Post by Eris »

Marullus wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:59 pm ...mace?
Did anyone take that mace that was in the wardrobe?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#184 Post by Eris »

shaidar wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:30 am Fergus

Hefts his shield, and stands sword ready. "I don't like this one bit"

Wendel

The wizard keeps his voice low and even "Give me a moment to prepare. I suggest everyone stay where they are for now and get ready. Once everyone is ready, I can try and summon an illumination onto an object which we can throw into the room."

He slowly moves back into the office and looks around for a small item for this light spell (something like a paperweight would be ideal).
OOC: I highlighted the above, as I think you mis-wrote here. You are moving from the office into a living room.

Wendel looks around and spies a pair of candlesticks sitting on the sideboard. Small and easy to pick up and carry around...and made to give off light! The stub of a candle atop one of the candlesticks flares into light, a bright light. Brighter than a normal candle it lights up the entire room in all its dusty glory. The light from the candlestick even shows a bit of the room beyond the partly opened door to the north.

Without moving into it you can see that the next room is a bedroom and it looks like there is a figure lying on the bed.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by Marullus »

Eris wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:03 pm
Marullus wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:59 pm ...mace?
Did anyone take that mace that was in the wardrobe?
Marullus wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:22 pm Naugrim ticks them off neatly. "If you want to wear the armor, I would gladly upgrade my mace to the enchanted one.
Marullus wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:51 pm Naugrim takes up the mace, putting his old one away.
Marullus wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:46 pm Naugrim reverently touches his law book and whispers prayers as he feels the evil of the room. A wash of pale light passes over him before he takes up his new mace of unknown powers and his shield.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by shaidar »

Wendel

"I would imagine that is the source of what we all feel" he gestures in the direction of the bedroom "One moment please..."

As quietly as he can he casts another spell: "Armatura Epidermis"

Spellcasting lvl 1 (vs 11): [1d20+4]=7+4=11

The feeling in this room makes it difficult for him to concentrate, but he focuses on the completing the magic and his growing familiarity with the spell helps him finish it.

Mage Armour.

axis57
Strider
Strider

#187 Post by axis57 »

While the party is preparing to encounter the figure on the bed Orram peaks under the rug to see if there's a trapdoor.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#188 Post by Eris »

axis57 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:04 pm While the party is preparing to encounter the figure on the bed Orram peaks under the rug to see if there's a trapdoor.
OOC: Good thinking! But alas, there is no trapdoor, at least, not one Orram can detect.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by shaidar »

Wendel

"Very well, I am ready. Black Wolf, you have the holy water. We may very well need it for this, whatever it is. If somebody wants to volunteer to be the one to dispense it, I can give them some level of protection from such a creature, a spell that will make it more difficult from them to strike you."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

"If no one else is willing I can do it."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by shaidar »

Wendel

"I'm not suggesting you move forward alone, we will go with you of course."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

"Thanks, I just meant carrying the holy water. I know you have my back."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by Marullus »

Blessed with divine protection and wielding the new mace, Naugrim joins Ulfgar at the front as they enter the room.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by shaidar »

Fergus moves to the front as well.

Wendel moves up behind Ulfgar

"I will have to stay close to maintain the spell. It is a new spell, one who's understanding has only recently come to me. Let me see what I can do..."

He touches his hands together behind his back before bring them around in front of himself to touch, and then forward to touch Ulfgar:

"Pellis repellit malum"

Protection from Evil:
Spellcasting lvl 1 (vs 11): [1d20+4]=19+4=23
Last edited by shaidar on Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#195 Post by Eris »

You push the door completely open and enter the room. This is a bed chamber and lying on the bed is the remains of what once was a man. The corpse is long dead, desiccated and collapsed in on itself. You can see dark stains on the white gown the figure was wearing and the white sheets are likewise darkly stained. The room smells musty and is cold, colder than it should be.

A sigh seems to come from nowhere and everywhere at the same time and then a quivering voice says softly, "I have waited so very long."

As you listen you begin to see a ghostly visage rise up from the ruined figure on the bed and float up into the middle of the room. The ghostly figure is that of an old man with long white hair and beard.

In a whispering voice that seems to be light as a feather the ghost speaks, "They came in the night. They stuck me down before I could rise from my slumbers. They desecrated my body just as the desecrated this Temple. I have been bound to this room for, oh I do not know how long."

He beseeches you, "Can you, will you, release me from this endless torment of loneliness and separation from my Lord Ord. Please, release me and let me move on."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

"What needs to be done to release you?"

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#197 Post by Eris »

Rex wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:13 am Ulfgar

"What needs to be done to release you?"
You feel a cool breeze waft through the room and there is a tinkling of bells at the edge of your hearing, "Oh, bless you child! Bless you! The book, the High Holy Book of Ord has a ritual to free bound spirits. You must use the Talisman of Eternal Rest when you perform the ritual. Find the Book and the Talisman and hold the ritual and it will free those of us who have been bound to this place and let us move on."

"The book was in my office and the talisman is in the coffin of Saint Moriah in the deep crypts below." the Spirit whispers to you all, "No evil or chaotic beings may touch the Talisman of Eternal Rest, for it rips apart their souls and leaves them undead abominations, so take care. Those that killed my brothers and desecrated this Temple likely remain wandering in darkness below as evil abominations if they came to take the Talisman, as I fear they did."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Rex »

Ulfgar

"It seems our duty here grows with each passing moment."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Marullus »

"Tell us about the scepter," pipes up Willow from the back. "The scepter of the Goblin King, Claak. Where is it and why would someone want it?"

"...and what is the Left Hand Guard?"
she adds after.

Meanwhile, Naugrim remains tight-lipped and quiet as he watches the ghost.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by shaidar »

Fergus doesn't look to be particularly happy with the situation, conversing with the dead, but keeps his mouth shut.

Wendel seems more fascinated than concerned, but lets the others ask the questions.

Return to “Shadows in the Dark (Shadowdark)”