Quest #46 "Slaying Dragon Slayers"

OGRE MAGE
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #46 "Slaying Dragon Slayers"

#41 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Perhaps we can lure it to the mouth of the cave. There is much we still need to learn."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"Perhaps Cresty can stand in front of the cave and scream like that again", Wes says wryly. "Then we can blast it when it comes out to eat him."
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by kruk »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:10 pm "We may have a few potions or scrolls that will help you, Mistress Lerrick. We also have a few magical items specifically designed to kill dragons that we will lend you for this quest. You simply must succeed in finding our dearest princess again and returning her to us here once you dispatch the white monster."
Lerrick

After Cresty runs out of steam and there is a moment of silence, the cleric speaks to the king. Anything you can provide us would be most welcome She bows her head in a sign of respect and gratitude.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

To Wes, "He may be the best option."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She bows in agreement with the deal. "Let's go get fitted for the cold."

The Princess asks the King. "The Queen is understandably upset. Could I console and attend to her in private? You know Princess-Queen relationships."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#46 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brave New World
Whereabouts Unknown
???/Cold

The King of High Winter Castle listens to the suggestions and pleas with a look of sheer determination on his face.

"Cresty the Dragonslayer, I have the utmost respect for such enthusiasm. I too am a man of action, and am now quite certain that you people came here for this reason. I once had the same exuberance as you when it came to fighting these creatures, and I am glad to see the same traits in you. FOR THIS, I will offer you the greatest tool I own to take down such a menace..........my very own family sword. This however, you must return to my hand once the deed is complete."

Again the Queen sobs even louder at this unusual proclamation.

Elnaerel's suspicions do not escape the wise eyes of the King. "It is indeed a white beast, my faithful servant. And I can sense that you will best this monster with ease now, being familiar with such an enemy already."

Another servant is called to provide you with winter gear and clothing when Princess makes her request. Initially, the King seems to reject the idea of a private audience with his wife, but eventually softens to the idea, whispering back privately. "If you say anything to hurt her deeper than this loss of her only daughter, there will be dire consequences for you. As you may have noticed, I am a hard man. I admittedly don't always understand the softer side of life. Please......do what you can for her."

He allows ONLY the princess and his queen to slip off together for a chat.

"Once the rest of you are prepared, we can go to the armory to equip you with a few essential items."

Actions?

Lerrick: (C5) AC:5 28/28 5/5 first 5/5 second 2/2 third (Light Stone)
Tlachtga (D5) AC:7 35/35 6/6 first 5/5 second 3/3 third (Light Stone)
Princess AC:6 HP 5/5 ???
Cresty: (F3) AC:4 26/26
Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 30/30 5/5 first 4/4 second
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 6/6 first 5/5 second 3/3 third 1/1 fourth

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"I am ready."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel nods. "Me too."

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by kruk »

Cresty

The dragon slayer bows his head in a sign of respect. I will gladly accept the your weapon. May it be the blade that strikes the killing blow!.

Lerrick

The cleric prepares to leave as well.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes nods, ready to proceed.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#51 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brave New World
Whereabouts Unknown
???/Cold

Before Princess steps away with the Queen, the group is bestowed with great gifts from these northerners of....... wherever you are.

Each member of the group is fitted with heavy winter clothing to keep.
Each member is handed a Ring of Warmth to use during this mission.
Each member is given one Potion of Healing to use as they see fit.
They offer the group a Wand of Fire to use, but renege when they realize you have no Mage who could activate it.

Cresty is astounded when the King draws his impressive magical sword, a centuries old family heirloom, and hands it over to the self proclaimed Dragon Slayer with a good deal of pomp. "This blade must be returned to my hand once you bring back the beasts head for my trophy room. Know this, however! I would not do something like this if your victory were not already foretold to me. For I have seen the future and am now certain of your success."

He hands Cresty a blade so powerful the fighter is nearly overwhelmed when he grasps the hilt. The King goes on to explain its powers:
+3 Bastard Sword (+5 vs. Dragons)
+3 to all Saving Throws
User immune to all forms of Dragon's Breath
Can Cure Serious Wounds (wielder only) once per day

The King looks absolutely thrilled that everyone seems so eager to get moving, slowly becoming agitated by the delay caused by Princess' curiosity.

Actions?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Thank you, these should help us."

Sheet updated. Assuming the Ring of Warmth is standard per the 1e DMG.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel puts on the Ring of Warmth.

"Good. We're ready. Let's wait for the Princess before we leave."

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by kruk »

Cresty

The words of the king echo through his mind as the fighter hears the specifics about the weapon, one power after another. After the king finishes speaking the fighter momentary collapses to one knee as he stares in awe at the magnificent weapon. After a brief moment he regains his composure and stands. I am ready mighty king. He bows again, then turns to meet the others, ready and focussed on the task at hand.

Lerrick

The cleric thanks the servants of the king for the potion, cloths and ring of warmth and equips her new gear. When finished she noticesthat the fighter is preoccupied by other thoughts so she politely reminds the fighter to equip his gear as well.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She returns, appearing in good spirits. As she is fitting herself with the booty, she moves to ask the King a question.

"I would be remiss, your Majesty, if I didn't ask. But why are you not going yourself to witness the final victory of your people? The mission would greatly benefit from your expertise, and I assure you that we can ensure your safety."

She bows in respect with a fleeting glance at the Queen.

I'm starting to suspect I've been set up. :D

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes slips on the Ring of Warmth and pulls the warm clothes around him, finally feeling comfortable. "Thank for these gifts your majesty. Obad Hai's blessing be upon you."

Turning to the others he says, "Cresty. You look like you are itching to use that sword. Would you like to take point?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#57 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Brave New World
Whereabouts Unknown
???/Cold

Donning the ring and clothing warm you to your cockles, actually making it uncomfortably hot now as long as you remain here in the heated castle.

The King looks sideways at Princess after her question, wondering who would have put her up to such a thing. "As badly as I would like to destroy"...(you can feel the emotion he puts into the last word through gritted teeth)..."the white wyrm myself, I have learned a few things from our last hunt. Despite the audacity of the beast kidnapping my only living heir, I now know I must control my hatred and remain here as a beacon to the last of our people."

He looks down for a moment in deep thought. "The Queen and I cannot survive another loss to our family, and I know the monster would like nothing more than to finish ME off in the process of its demise. So I will remain here and miss out on all the fun."

He leads you back into the room with the many portals where you arrived, pointing out an often used gateway with a sign stating the words "Wizards Row" above it.

"This portal will bring you directly to the road where the mountain cave can be accessed. It used to be a well maintained area where the City's greatest wizards dwelled, keeping the wild wyrms at bay with their powerful magicks. It is little more than rubble and ruins now unfortunately, thanks to all the damn dragons."

"Follow the road up towards the mountain and you will find the beast's lair. I will warn you again that the creature is mean and cunning, not to be underestimated. Bring our dear Daisy back to her mother.........and I will make you as rich as kings yourselves."

Actions?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Thank you for your aid. We will endeavor our best to slay the beast."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel bows to the King and Queen. "We will kill that monster and bring your daughter to safety." She tries to hide her fear and then prays to her goddess on their way to the portal.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"Obad Hai is lord of hunters. Tracking down a beast like this will please him mightily. We'll bring back your daughter. And it's head!" Wes emphasizes his last point by banging the butt of his spear on the floor.

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”