Player character to player character actions:

Spearmint
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Player character to player character actions:

#61 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven listens to the tale with great interest. (I read through the thread, but Sven didn't) :biggrin:

"I suppose that would be another great advantage to joining our guild. Spellcasters like your friends would be able to share and trade magic freely with others in the group. Myself included. I have been working hard to increase my magical repertoire, and have become a bit more powerful in the process. If you can encourage your friends to join as well, I assure you they will have ample opportunity to do the same."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by sastaz »

Gerdal approaches Vann with her pet chameleon on her shoulder.

"Oh, another scholar then, are you? Hello my dear, I'm Gerdal and I have had the oportunity to join Sven on at least one of his expeditions. Oh, and we did tangle with the Surons, and the followers of Nergal as well. In fact, I am in the possession of a tome previously owned by a Nergal warlock." She looks around. "I mean, he was vile alright, but he did have a few nifty tricks up his sleeve. If memory serves he, ehrm, fell from very far up. Not more than a pile of liquid now I'm afraid."

She clears her throat.

"Anyway, you two seem to be getting along very well, I'm glad to see. Please let me know if you plan any trips. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go and check on how a certain cat is doing."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Stirling »

Vann Hector
"If you can encourage your friends to join as well, I assure you they will have ample opportunity to do the same."
"We all arrived in Helix intent in gold and adventure and making a name for ourselves. The paladin has his holy quests and vanquishing evil vocations; priests dabble in their religions. Of the arcanists, I suggest you try tempt them with whatever runes and wizardy knowledge drives their ambitions.

Me? Curvy wenches and glistening carats. And ooh! that is a nice inset ring on your hand. Worth many tomb scarabs I am sure."

He raises an eyebrow (not a knowing one, more a '$$$').
"In fact, I am in the possession of a tome previously owned by a Nergal warlock."
"Nergal warlocks, Nergal knights. Nergal priests ministering unholiness." he comments. "Set, Orcus, Impurax, Kali. One big happy family."

He drains his ale. "There is another demi-god who might be entreated to help.

But I might need to take one of her offspring first.

Have you heard any more about the Egg?
he asks Sven.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#64 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven nods along with Vann Hector, right up to the point when he comments upon his ring. The mage instinctively hides his hand from view, stating simply. "This one's mine. But I assure you there is enough treasure to be had inside that maze of tombs for all of us to become filthy rich. Did you hear what we earned from that tapestry I had refurbished? It was a small fortune......and for one single item."

The young mage sighs aloud at the mention of so many cults around. "Unfortunately, I have not heard anything more about it. I have been so busy with Guild organization that I nearly forgot all about the egg."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Stirling »

Vann Hector
The young mage sighs aloud at the mention of so many cults around.

"Unfortunately, I have not heard anything more about it. I have been so busy with Guild organization that I nearly forgot all about the egg."
He smiles. The Egg, is just an idea he has. To steal of course, but only for noble purposes ...

"This Guild. I saw your notice calling for brave and foolhardy adventurers. I am certainly one or the other or perhaps a little of both.

I am much an elf of limited skills but resourceful. If you will have me, I will gladly join. I can pass by your farmstead location tomorrow."

He offers to shake hands on the deal and stands to take his leave, needing to attend to other affairs.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#66 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven stands and smiles, offering his hand, still stained with the black pirate skull image on the palm. One of the growing number of permanent scars accumulating upon the young human, all compliments of the Barrowmaze.

“We would be glad to have you, Vann Hector.”

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Stirling »

Whilst in Helix: June 29th - July 10th:

Vann Hector met with Veryn in the tavern, offering him to join a propsed Expedition into the Barrowmaze.

So I will try to follow up on that, meeting with Veryn if he maintains interest and seeing how we can complement skills.

to that end I have sent Kenjosephus a private message.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Stirling »

Vann Hector approaches Callan & Rum in regard to assisting on an expedition.

I have sent both players a pm to point to my in-character posts and hope they can respond positively soon.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed will try and look up Sven or Orgoth having just heard of the Adventurers Guild (Please note that Cadeweed left town about a month before the the first post on it - just returning now.) with an interest in finding out more about it and hopefully joining.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Stirling »

Sven is not here, man.
Yeah :oops: Orgoth too.

I noted Rex's new character and you taking over Amos. I should be glad I am just barefoot and broke. :lol:

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed

On the way back to town with Sven, Cadeweed will ask Sven "Would you be willing and able to tell me if this Qullan Obsidian blade is magical?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#72 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven looks over the blade carefully.

“Sure I can.”

He casts his Detect Magic and concentrates upon the item.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Spearmint »

He casts his Detect Magic and concentrates upon the item.
The Qullan broadsword is a keen edged weapon, the blade preternaturally sharp and as such inflicts a critical stabbing damage on a natural 19.

However these obsidian blades are prone to shattering and a fumble (natural 1) will cause the weapon to fracture into a shower of shards.

The Qullan tribesmen mine the obsidian in the Moon Peaks and often sharpen blades further to create +1 or above attack bonuses depending upon the use of specialized sharpening stones.

The blade is not magical however and is considered as a normal weapon vs creature type resistances such as needing silvered weapons vs Wights or Lycanthropes.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed

"Thank you Sven. Perhaps I can do some manual labor on the Guild grounds until you are ready to return to our previous location."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#75 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven nods enthusiastically.

"You are welcome to help out anywhere you like, and I appreciate the offer."

Sven just learned that he may need to stay in Helix 2 full days for magical studies before heading back, so hopefully that isn't an issue for Orgoth and Cadeweed.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

2 days isn't an issue.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by gurusql »

Not an issue for Cadeweed, he will spend the remaining time (2 days) working on the grounds until the duo is ready to depart.

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”