Experience Points

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Experience Points

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will use this thread to distribute XP.

This game will work a little differently than most as I will likely need to accelerate rewards to get a group leveled up enough to tackle our next classic endeavor.

I will NOT be using the 10% XP bonus for high stats in this game. Everyone will gain group XP equally.

More to come on this……

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Experience Points

#2 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rewards:

I will mention again that you will get out of this game what you contribute, and that pertains to experience rewards as well. I know we all play these games our own way, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with integrating your own style into your character. That said, characters who come up with plans, take charge of situations such as assembling groups etc., or generally try to keep the game in motion, will gain extra rewards. (and my gratitude)

In the same regard, characters who are consistently disruptive or disagreeable, preferring to upset the flow of the game and likely the enjoyment of others, will also be treated accordingly.

More to come on XP rewards as I decide exactly how I want to do it. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Spearmint wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:03 pm Thirteen Twojaws

"Don't you have hunters to chase away the giant Bulette beast?" he asks wondering if any such bounty exists for 'monster hunting'.
I am going to award TT 100xp for being the only character to ask about the creature you saw outside. (even if he didn’t get an answer) :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#4 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hotgoblin wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:43 pm Loyn-dwarf fighter
“Bandits you say!” He looks around at the others and wonders if anyone could be a bandit in this group. “Can you tell me more about this, madame, maybe there’s something we could do to help out with this issue? Or if you know someone else to talk to about it?”
Loyn can take 100xp for following up with the bandit hook.
Monsieur Rose wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:05 pm Bugs notes that Sabine tracks the every coming and going of the entire castle. He tries to take a glance…
Bugs can add 100xp for being the first to mention this unbelievably important nugget.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As I said, I like action posts that help keep the game moving forward. :mrgreen:

If I missed or forgot something your character did, or you think you deserve a little something for a certain action, please feel free to bring it up to me in your private thread. We can definitely discuss it, since as you can see, I’m not adverse to tossing around some bonuses. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#6 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Stirling wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:44 pm One reason I took the arrow was thinking the fletching on the arrows might be unique to the bowyer or indicate a particular group. So perhaps some investigation using the arrow as a starting point, we can identify 'Eagle-Eye' at least.
I really like this idea, and want to encourage more thinking like this. So......please take 50xp.

And speaking of XP, Sylla can add 100xp for her attempts to organize the groups earlier. I appreciate the assist! :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#7 Post by OGRE MAGE »

For successfully navigating your first test of getting past the bandits detour......

Everyone can add 100xp to their character sheets.
There, now Crobeus has some to deduct the next time he goes after an indomitable foe. :lol:
Congratulations everyone! :mrgreen:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#8 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The First Blood crew will earn 500xp each for their initial trek into the Caves of Chaos.

I know you only killed a few goblins, but you did find some important items along the way and now know how to better approach the situation next trip.

I will also add a bonus of 250xp for being the first group to infiltrate one of the Caves, since you have basically cleared out Cave A completely. (though there is still the issue of the impassible hatch in the floor)

So, all PC's involved with the CoC: First Blood group can add a total of 750xp to their sheets.

Always remember to keep your sheets up to date, please!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The One Cave crew will earn 250xp each for their attempt to infiltrate the.......whatever it is they found out there.

I don't believe there was any treasure found, so nothing to divvy up there.

I will also award a bonus of 250xp each for being the first ones to investigate the cave, despite how poorly that actually went. :lol:

So, everyone on that mission can record 500xp on their sheets.

Please remember to keep your sheets up to date! :D

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”