(17) Chapel of St. Cuthbert

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (17) Chapel of St. Cuthbert

#21 Post by ravenn4544 »

Haldric smiles at the observations. No offense taken whatsoever! Especially with this fine wine you have been pouring, "" he finishes with a wink. "My kin can very much be reclusive and standoffish. I think that's why I gravitated towards the Faith as it was always easier for me to speak to others and find common ground."

"Scrying is a gift that Mighty Dumathoin has seen fit to keep hidden from me. I don't question that, to be honest. I use his prayers to aide those in need - usually those that have taken wounds in battle, to be honest, but such is life, eh?"

"I too worry that this device of building will be lost to time or ill fortune. It is merely rumor and heresy passed down and back to me that has me here at all. I may never find it, but the road to success is not one that was paved to be easy, I have found. On the contrary!"

"Sir, I have bored you quite enough with my talk - but am grateful for your time! I think I'll need to find some sleeping arrangements soon thanks to this fine wine! If you don't mind, I will make my way back and share any learnings I stumble upon in our next foray into these infamous Caves. I bid you well!"

He finishes his wine and smiles gratefully. As he leaves, he quietly adds 3 more gold to the Good Cause in gratitude to his Patron for a fine afternoon of wisdom.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#22 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Abercrombie smiles and nods emphatically after the comment about healing wounds. It seems that he has also been in the unenviable position of healer at some point in his life.

"You are welcome back anytime, master Haldric. I have sincerely enjoyed our discussion, and look forward to the next one, at your convenience of course."

"Good luck with your search, and come back anytime!"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim makes his way to the chapel, though he was warned earlier he does this just so nobody can give him grief for not trying. If he can even get into the place he will look for someone to talk to.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#24 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Abercrombie smiles at Pimlan once he enters the chapel.

“Another fresh face here at Kendall Keep I see? Tell me master halfling, do your folk have interest in following the teachings of St. Cuthbert?”

GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan smiles politely "I may be, I can't speak for my kin though. But I cam here seeking healing aid for four of my friends that we managed to get back to the inn for now."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Abercrombie's expression changes from inquisitive to boorish.

"If we got a copper piece for every time someone came in here expecting free healing, we could start our own House of Healing."

"I don't mean to sound unwilling, but the miracle of magical healing is not something St. Cuthbert's followers toss around frivolously."

"Do you have some means in mind to barter for our miracles?"

In other words, they don't give away free healing to strangers outside of their community here.

GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim fumbles with his closer to empty coin pouch "Uh how does ten gold sound?" he asks.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#28 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Chaplain stares at a Pim with a blank look on his face.

“Sir, I will have you know that the going rate for healing non-parishioners is 100 gold coins. And you need….four? I’m sorry but, I…don’t think we are going to be able to help you.”

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim sighs "Sorry we were robbed on the road twice so I only have managed to not have to hand out to bandits. I'll stop wasting your time." he turns around and starts to head back to the tavern/inn.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#30 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Pim heras one final comment as he leaves the Chapel.

"Those bandits out there are going to be the end of this place if someone doesn't do something about them soon!"

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim "Agreed. We might have done something about them but with four injured in tow it was hard to validate it at the time." he comments as he leaves. "Thank you anyway."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#32 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Abercrombie folds his hands together and bows in a distinguished manner at Pimlan as he departs.

Return to “Areas of the Keep”