Beryl and Lharzin's Journey to Chybisa

Rex
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Beryl and Lharzin's Journey to Chybisa

#21 Post by Rex »

There is one merchant currently preparing to head south, plans on leaving the morning of the 27th. His name is Oudinet of Hagstone. He will have 2 wagons (still waiting on the second to arrive) and 4 mules. He has teamsters and 6 guards. Four of his guards are Light Foot with short bows and short swords (LFB). The other 2 are Medium Foot with spears, round shields, and short swords (MF).

Available caravan guards/mercenaries.
LF [2d4-2]=6-2=4 MF [1d5-1]=3-1=2 LFB [2d4-2]=5-2=3 LFLB [1d3-1]=2-1=1 LH [1d3-1]=1-1=0
4 available LF, 2d/day plus meals and booty
2 available MF, 4d/day plus meals and booty
3 available LFB, 4d/day plus meals and booty
1 available LFLB, 6d/day plus meals and booty
0 available LH

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Marullus »

Lharzin is amenable to travel with Oudinet, "as long as our privacy is respected."

She turns to Beryl to confer quietly as they approach the mercenaries. "What do you think of these? They seem no more competent than khudzul children, but the Pagaelin may respect strength in numbers and stay away. May I trust you to decide?"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

The previous night Beryl takes care of his mule, Sorkin Blue giving him a quick brush down after the day carrying supplies. When Lharzin heads to her wagon for the evening Beryl does not challenge her.

Beryl tells Lharzin quietly that, "I agree that we should travel with Oudinet. I am competent in HTH, but I am not an archer. The journey is 11 days in length. Each archer that we add, is 44d plus food for 11 days. I can afford perhaps the best two of the lot. How does that sound to you?"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Marullus »

Lharzin ruminates on it, then nods. "It sounds reasonable. If you can find two archers of whom you approve, give them the offer. It is good to determine a reasonable price, but it will not do to spend all your dram on my safety. If you choose them, I will pay them."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

Beryl will attempt to hire two of the archers (LFB).

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

The rates listed are what they are currently asking here (they are slightly inflated but reasonable so for circumstances).

I just noticed that I wasn't clear with my abbreviations. LF is light Foot, MF is medium foot, and LH is light horse. B is short bow and LB is long bow.

Do you want 1 long bow and 1 short bow or 2 short bow (what it sounds like). Just confirming.

You pick the best 2 of the 3.

Names are Thibaud of Trixs and Hardegin of Attes.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by gurusql »

Two short bow please (I had assumed that is what it meant)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rex »

You have 2 LFB caravan guards. How would you like them deployed as you travel?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

"With your approval Lharzin, I would suggest I will walk in front of the wagon, with Sorkin Blue (my mule) tied to the back of the wagon. The two archers would be guarding the rear of the wagon. To shake it up and keep everyone fresh, for about 30 minutes out of every 2 hours the archers and I will swap positions."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Marullus »

Lharzin nods respectfully, demuring to the man charged with her protection. "A good plan i would not have thought of," she compliments. "I have my hammer should they get close enough to concern the ponies. Let us hope for a safe journey. Brigands are not our purpose."

With the plan set, she secures her cookware and alembics in the wagon and latches the doors, then takes her place on the driver's bench.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

You head down the trail early the morning of the 27th. Resting your first night outside the ruins of an old Laranian* abbey. you make fair time and only one encounter to speak of, a small trail of mules coming the other direction to trade in Kaldor. They spend a night with you. A broken wheel on one of Oudinet's wagon that takes several hours to fix delays you a day in the end. You arrive in Burzyn on the 9th of Larane.

Larani is the Lady of Paladins, the Goddess of nobility, chivalry, and battle. In eastern Harn she is the most commonly worshiped deity among human nobility.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Marullus »

Lharzin pays out the 88d to the two archers and thanks them for their service.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rex »

Thibaud and Hardegin

"Our pleasure, nice doing business with you. We will be around a few days at least if you need to hire a guard for anything."

Maps of Burzyn here:
viewtopic.php?p=666207#p666207

I will catch up the others to your timeline shortly but will give them another day or 2 to post. Feel free to post any actions here you have in mind.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Marullus »

Finally arriving in Burzyn and spending one good night recovering for the rigors of travel, wakes on the morning of the 10th of Larane and contemplates their journey. No longer focused on getting somewhere, she now sits at her small wooden table within the wagon, contemplating the strange events that began this and the tasks now laid before her. Or them.

She tends the half-dozen pigeons in her cage, cooing with the morning light. Her avian connection to her father. How dare he? a flare of anger within her, combating for the moment the balm she felt at his summons. He sent her away for near two decades, away from Azadmere and her mother, away from her kin and those who were her friends, only to summon her again on his schedule, for his needs. The anger doesn't last as her desire for his favor is even stronger, the child within her still longing for recognition. He summoned me. We ate capons together, she muses. She has transited with Valka before, the Godstones are not strange to her. But in her furtive returns, her father never saw her. This is new. This is different.

...a Khuzdul Outpost that was sealed just after the Battle of Sorrows. What those walls will remember, untouched since such a time. Beyond her father's political ambitions, her own curiosity is considerable. To speak to those Stones.

She must find this Algrim, first. Perhaps get to see the keep to know its truths before she finds herself before the King of Chybisa.

She collects Beryl in the morning and sets about the various inns, seeking word of other khudzul in Burzyn, but most especially this Algrim.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rex »

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”