The Ongebreidelde Ruin

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Ongebreidelde Ruin

#41 Post by Spearmint »

Peveril 'Blue-John'

Blue-John: rolls Resolve (4): [1d10]=3 [1d10]=4[1d10]=9[1d10]=8

"Tis but a flesh wound!" he says, taunting the man, the slash cuts open his blouson, severing the buttons and scoring a diagonal line from my rib cage to collar bone. "A sash of crimson I will wear with pride and pin medals of exploits and honour upon." Blue-John declares.

Figuring I need extra effects in my actions, I want to try for two raises, using a drama dice if needed to gain my success.

Peveril 'Blue-John': Panache initiatives (3) [_3d10]=(7+7+7)=21. not sure how that works, do all my actions come together? Assuming they do ...

I still have my loaded and cocked pistol. So firstly I fire it at the First Mate.

So in my head I visualize my consecutive actions like this:

I shoot the 1st Mate with the pistol (7)

then run him through with my sabre, gutting the pig where he stands, hilt deep the blade poking out his back, the man standing cheek to cheek with me. (7) (using the swashbuckling Fighting macro)

Dropping my pistol, ineffective now it has been shot, but I quickly draw the 1st Mate's pistol that is tucked into his waist belt and boot the body of the dead 1st Mate down the stairs, off the bridge Quarterdeck into any pirates trying to run up. (7)

Blue-John: swashbuckling 4k3 [1d10]=10 [1d10]=6 [1d10]=9 [1d10]=8 Exploding Dice? [1d10]=7

If I need added drama dice to complete an action:

Blue-John: Drama Dice [1d10]=10 Exploding Dice? [1d10]=1

not sure what to roll for the pistol attack.

So I try to shoot him, stab him, rob him and kick him down the stairs in one fluid cinematic motion.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by jemmus »

Jean-Jacques exclaims, Sacre bleu! Zair are a lot of you cur dogs, eh? He rushes to aid the priest, stabbing and slash left, right, forward and backward, his long braid swinging to and fro. He breaks the 1-2, 1-2 rhythm that opposing sword strokes can fall into into an interrupted cadence: 1, 1-2, 1, 1-2-3, 1-2. Faced by two opponents at once, lunges at one with the rapier in his right hand and drawing a pistol and shooting it point-blank with the other.

I'd like to use a Drama dice.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Leitz »

Wrapping up the current round

As Blue John faced the captain's brace of pistols held actions, she looked him up and down. From below is heard the faint call; "Guns loaded, Ma'am!"

"So, I can sink her easily, but I find myself recently in need of a First Officer. The last one, though loyal to his death, was a bit of a brute and a boor." She gave a small head nod over to the Ruin. "I mean to loot her fully, but perhaps you have something to trade for the lives of those aboard?"

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Spearmint »

Peveril 'Blue-John'

Peveril 'Blue-John': Panache initiatives (3) [_3d10]=(2+5+3)=10
"So, I can sink her easily, but I find myself recently in need of a First Officer. The last one, though loyal to his death, was a bit of a brute and a boor." She gave a small head nod over to the Ruin. "I mean to loot her fully, but perhaps you have something to trade for the lives of those aboard?"
I might if I may, move to the ooc thread so I can clarify what she wants and what options I have, then I can better understand what actions I can take here.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Spearmint »

Peveril 'Blue-John'
"I mean to loot her fully, but perhaps you have something to trade for the lives of those aboard?"
If we have put up a good fight and proved a worthy adversary, certainly impressing upon her after our defence heroics; I would 'lower my colours' as it were, firing my pistol up into the air to clear the barrel and chamber (away from injuring anybody) and then to offer her my sword, hilt first.

Peveril 'Blue-John': uses his Wits (3) [_3d10]=(9+10+9)=28Blue-John: Drama Dice [1d10]=3 Exploding Dice? [1d10]=3

"Your seamanship and expertise has bested this 'Ruin' of a vessel and her crew. Certainly keel-hauling its Captain who walks and sails three sheets to the wind.

We are at your mercy and your charms Captain Ma'am."

He surrenders himself, trusting either a quick but merciful death or a walk of the plank. Her offer to join her crew will be accepted, especially if she figures him for an officer's station.

However is first choice would be to plead clemency on behalf of the fellow passengers. Let them be robbed blind and stripped of goods and gold for sure but he will not stand by idly to see that women are taken unfair advantage of.

He would suggest even the Captain take The Lady Maria Estrella Dominica Gabriella de Lopez-Etrenos for ransom, "her betrothed is 'high up in the ministry at St Augustine."

She could make the Ruin's Captain 'walk the plank' of course, then allow us with a skeleton crew to sail the crippled fluyt on to St Augustine and deliver her ransom message.

We keep our lives, gain the ship (temporarily) and she sails on with less guilt then simply blowing us out the water once the pirate pillaging has ended.

We then take 'a Letter of Marque' to come back and rescue said maiden from her distress and captivity, stealing the ransom and her heart no doubt in the process.

Return to “7th Sea (R&K)”