Happy New Year!!!

BackworldTraveller
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Happy New Year!!!

#241 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Grognardsw wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:45 pm Isaac C. Heinlein (Ike), security, mercenary

Ike approached the entrance to the KPRA office, showed his security ID, went in and asked for David Mullins.
He's not here. Come back later.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#242 Post by Hvalreki »

Solomon Tukera

Sol claps Odo warmly on the shoulder as his entourage leaves the council chambers.

“Well done Odo, that was a nest of vipers you walked through! I think you got them thinking again.”

He pings Ike from his neural comm to fill him in on the latest.

“We’ve at least got them talking together instead of at each other. Any time you can buy them to deliberate helps.”

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Grognardsw »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:00 pm
Grognardsw wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:45 pm Isaac C. Heinlein (Ike), security, mercenary

Ike approached the entrance to the KPRA office, showed his security ID, went in and asked for David Mullins.
Who’s the manager on duty?” asked Ike.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#244 Post by ateno »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:35 pm As they approach, they are noticed and the group turn towards them challenging them to pass on by.
"Afternoon Gentles, interested parties is all.

Phoenix makes sure her guitar is showing.

Phoenix

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Phoenix, Nehnya, Andras and Helen apparently form an intimidating group and the crowd back off, falling quiet in the face of direct confrontation. This allows Nehnya to gain access to the Vargr salvager's building where she is greeted by a face on a door-vid. After a brief negotiation, she and her colleagues are admitted to a workshop area.
Underground Salvage Workshop 2.jpg
Underground Salvage Workshop 2.jpg (186.58 KiB) Viewed 35814 times
Helen introduces Nuerrgnok as a fellow security officer from the brotherhood of solace and then Dzae (the owner's mate) and her eldest Son Edze.

Dzae speaks up...
I'm sorry for the welcoming committee - the human youths outside are wild and unruly and don't seem to be able to distinguish between "different" and "enemy", mistaking "same" for "friend". They are loud and impolite but our building is strong and they are no threat to us at the moment.

Edze seems to disagree with the conciliatory tone, but remains quiet.

How is it we rate a visit from such a distinguished artist and her friends? Do you seek something we can supply you? Your patronage would be most welcome to a struggling business such as ours. Perhaps you and your group would like a hot beverage for refreshment?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Grognardsw wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:48 am
BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:00 pm

Who’s the manager on duty?” asked Ike.
Mikael Aster's in charge.
This starts a discussion on whether Ike might see him - which results in a grudging acceptance that you might have important information when Solomon's name is invoked. (Imperial sycophancy reaches even here!)

Eventually, Ike is taken to a meeting room under the main port-control tower, left for five minutes, offered and drink and finally confronted by...
Hi, I'm Mikael Aster. I gather you are Ike, one of Boronu's crowd working for Sir Solomon?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Solomon and Einar, with William and Odo observe the remainder of the proceedings at the Town Hall. The room is crowded and the heads of family are being overwhelmed by what is turning into a public discussion led by the Belter's for Belter's faction (as Odo describes it).

There is an agreement that the Rock will use local shipping (including Delambre's Heffalump) to move the rock backlog to the LSP refinery (in the absence of the launcher) - and arguments that this is not going to be a long-term solution as distances increase are shouted down.

The Crozats shut down any real discussion of the power situation. We are looking at our options and will discuss this when we know what is possible. Our option to buy in spares and repair that way will take months

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Grognardsw »

Isaac C. Heinlein (Ike), security, mercenary
Hi, I'm Mikael Aster. I gather you are Ike, one of Boronu's crowd working for Sir Solomon?
“Hi Mikael, I’m Ike. Yeah, I’m with Boronu and the Brotherhood of Solace. We’re working for Crozat, but share similar goals with Sir Soloman. We need to slow down the incoming LSP ship or it’s bad news for the Rock. Can you make a safety inspection happen, real thorough and all. While that’s happening we need to do a deep dive analysis on the ship and crew. They may be people worse than LSP. These may be deep waters.”

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#249 Post by ateno »

"Some caf would be nice, thank you, honestly I was heading back when we all met. We saw the disturbance and realizedwhat was going on and went to see if we coukd witness it. Do you have any insight?"

Phoenix

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Grognardsw wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:39 am Isaac C. Heinlein (Ike), security, mercenary
“Hi Mikael, I’m Ike. Yeah, I’m with Boronu and the Brotherhood of Solace. We’re working for Crozat, but share similar goals with Sir Soloman. We need to slow down the incoming LSP ship or it’s bad news for the Rock. Can you make a safety inspection happen, real thorough and all. While that’s happening we need to do a deep dive analysis on the ship and crew. They may be people worse than LSP. These may be deep waters.”
Are you sure? It'd be more than my jobs worth to annoy LSP! I'm under orders to minimise provocations and see their visit runs smoothly.
Can you please roll for your take on the atmosphere amongst the workers in the building - Streetwise or Investigate or Diplomacy (plus EDU) depending on strategy you fancy following. Or you can choose to ignore that line and just roll persuade (+SOC) to get him to ignore orders and search them anyway.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by BackworldTraveller »

ateno wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:35 am "Some caf would be nice, thank you, honestly I was heading back when we all met. We saw the disturbance and realized what was going on and went to see if we could witness it. Do you have any insight?"

Phoenix
We can do caf.

As I said, just locals blaming the alien Vargr. Doesn't matter that this affects us too!

And we might be able to help if they just asked.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Grognardsw »

Isaac C. Heinlein (Ike), security, mercenary
BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:20 pm Are you sure? It'd be more than my jobs worth to annoy LSP! I'm under orders to minimise provocations and see their visit runs smoothly.
Can you please roll for your take on the atmosphere amongst the workers in the building - Streetwise or Investigate or Diplomacy (plus EDU) depending on strategy you fancy following. Or you can choose to ignore that line and just roll persuade (+SOC) to get him to ignore orders and search them anyway.
Ike thought over the political implications of the LSP being annoyed Intelligence (8) [2d6]=12 .

"I have to trust the reasoning from Boronu and other factions that the LSP is bad news for the Rock," said Ike, trying to persuade Mikael Persuade (0) Social Standing (4) [2d6]=7 . "Claim that the search is required by the rules, all the more so given the sabotage that's happened."
I don't see Streetwise or Investigate or Diplomacy on my sheet, so I substituted Intelligence to see if I get any insights.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#253 Post by ateno »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:23 pm

As I said, just locals blaming the alien Vargr. Doesn't matter that this affects us too!

And we might be able to help if they just asked.[/dialog]
"slight swear in Vargr language"

Shakes head.

"I don't know if I can get through to them, but i can try, music hits different parts of the brain. And thanks for the caf!"

Phoenix

Return to “Bowman (Traveller MgT2)”