Character Creation

Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Character Creation

#1 Post by Eris »

The final Character Sheets don't go here, but this is where we can all discuss our characters as you put them together. I'll ask for a sub-forum for Game Resources where I can put the final Character Sheets, the System Document, Maps and other resources. We'll try to keep the main forum free for one OOG and all the IG threads.

Eric, JR and Bruce, when you get a chance read through the Searchers for Adventure. I want to field questions and work up characters here.

Once I get a Character Sheet (google sheet probably) we can put them on the forum (in Game Resources if I can get that set up for me).

OH! I already found a hole in the System Document that I need to go add.

A PC can only have a maximum of 7 TRAITS at a time. If you add an 8th Trait you have to drop one already selected.

I doubt that'll come up anytime soon, but that is a TD limitation that I think makes some sense.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Character Creation

#2 Post by ateno »

I am thinking of a Dwarf Cleric Indiana Jones type with dungeonering and educatiat3s traits, nice cross selection of things there, hiw about you?

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by joertexas »

I like a elven magic user, I think.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Eris »

Cool! So far we're got a Dwarven Cleric and an Elven Magic-User. :)

Remember that first and foremost everyone is an Adventurer. Mostly a fighter, rogue, and explorer who might dabble a bit in magic (divine or arcane) to help with their Searching for Adventure.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by joertexas »

Aislin - Elven Magic user
Aislin Portrait.jpg
Aislin Portrait.jpg (32.82 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by joertexas »

All Aislin needs beyond the basics is her elven-made bow, 20 arrows in a quiver, and a coin purse for any she might have.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by ffilz »

Dwarven Fighter
HP 12
Hammer Mastery
Direction Sense
Heavy Weapons Training
Great Axe
Armor Master
Dungeoneer
Defender

What else do I need?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:15 pm Dwarven Fighter
HP 12
Hammer Mastery
Direction Sense
Heavy Weapons Training
Great Axe
Armor Master
Dungeoneer
Defender

What else do I need?
A name for your PC. :)

I put up a character sheet for your unknown PC in Game Resources. You just need to change the name from Ffliz's PC to whatever you name them.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by joertexas »

joertexas wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:27 pm All Aislin needs beyond the basics is her elven-made bow, 20 arrows in a quiver, and a coin purse for any she might have.
Oops - and a dagger...

The traits I'd like to add are Marksman and Quick Shot.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:02 am
ffilz wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:15 pm Hermundr
Dwarven Fighter
HP 12
Hammer Mastery
Direction Sense
Heavy Weapons Training
Great Axe
Armor Master
Dungeoneer
Defender

What else do I need?
A name for your PC. :)

I put up a character sheet for your unknown PC in Game Resources. You just need to change the name from Ffliz's PC to whatever you name them.
Oh, is the Hammer mastery 1-handed or 2-handed? For this character I'd prefer the 1-handed.

Hmm, can't edit the sheet.

Can I have a 1-handed hammer also?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:24 am
Eris wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:02 am A name for your PC. :)

Oh, is the Hammer mastery 1-handed or 2-handed? For this character I'd prefer the 1-handed.

You get mastery in all hammers, but only hammers. Full training in a type of weapon is a separate thing. And yes, you can buy a 1 handed hammer for 1 gp.

I'll see if I can add you to the editors for the sheet. I'm working blind there as there aren't any instructions on how to do it. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:34 pm
ffilz wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:24 am
Eris wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:02 am A name for your PC. :)

You get mastery in all hammers, but only hammers. Full training in a type of weapon is a separate thing. And yes, you can buy a 1 handed hammer for 1 gp.

I'll see if I can add you to the editors for the sheet. I'm working blind there as there aren't any instructions on how to do it. :)
OK, edited.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:00 pm
Eris wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:34 pm I'll see if I can add you to the editors for the sheet. I'm working blind there as there aren't any instructions on how to do it. :)
OK, edited.
Okay, that worked then! Frank, Eric, JR and Bruce you should all be able to edit the Character Sheets directly on the post.

Oh, BTW, because I said all of you had been in a pre-game adventure together, so you know each other a little, I gave you each 3 XP to get things started. That'll give y'all a little head start on improving your character.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#14 Post by bobk2323 »

Hiya everyone. :)

Here's the concept that I'm planning to use:

Maeva Couillard is the child of a very wealthy apothecary of very high renown, and a not quite so wealthy yet very well-born sage who specialized in the study of the bardic arts. Given that the city that Maeva grew up in was both very large and very decadent, her "teachers" also included some of her peers whom her parents *definitely* would not have approved of. From these she learned how to defend herself, and to, if she ever felt the need or the "obligation to her personal morality", relieve people of a few of their possibly ("No, no *definitely*! I mean, just *look* at the guy!") ill-gotten possessions.

In response to her parents trying to simultaneously make her into a "boring businesswoman" and a "tightly cloistered scholar", Maeva did what many young people tend to do. She rebelled. She decided to make her own path, and go her own way. This of course did *not* please her family at all, but Maeva is absolutely sure that one day, they'll *definitely* understand.

Name: Maeva Couillard
Heritage: Human
Concept: Thief (Bard)
Weapons mastered: Short Bow (from Human heritage), and Short Sword (from Thief concept)
Traits: Alchemist, Charismatic, Educated (from Human heritage)
Nimble Fingers, Performance (Bardic) (from Thief concept)
Belief: "Don't let society bully you into being something you're not! Choose your own path, and your own personal morality."

Please let me know what you think. :)

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Eris »

bobk2323 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:07 am Hiya everyone. :)

Here's the concept that I'm planning to use:

Maeva Couillard is the child of a very wealthy apothecary of very high renown, and a not quite so wealthy yet very well-born sage who specialized in the study of the bardic arts. Given that the city that Maeva grew up in was both very large and very decadent, her "teachers" also included some of her peers whom her parents *definitely* would not have approved of. From these she learned how to defend herself, and to, if she ever felt the need or the "obligation to her personal morality", relieve people of a few of their possibly ("No, no *definitely*! I mean, just *look* at the guy!") ill-gotten possessions.

In response to her parents trying to simultaneously make her into a "boring businesswoman" and a "tightly cloistered scholar", Maeva did what many young people tend to do. She rebelled. She decided to make her own path, and go her own way. This of course did *not* please her family at all, but Maeva is absolutely sure that one day, they'll *definitely* understand.

Name: Maeva Couillard
Heritage: Human
Concept: Thief (Bard)
Weapons mastered: Short Bow (from Human heritage), and Short Sword (from Thief concept)
Traits: Alchemist, Charismatic, Educated (from Human heritage)
Nimble Fingers, Performance (Bardic) (from Thief concept)
Belief: "Don't let society bully you into being something you're not! Choose your own path, and your own personal morality."

Please let me know what you think. :)

--
Bob K.
Maeva looks great! Fully approved. I rolled for gold (Maeva starts with 5 gp) and she has a Backpack which contains an Adventurer's Kit with a few (5) basic items that you can pull out as needed, and then they get added to the equipment list. Things like: rope, torches, rations, oil, a lantern, fishing line/hook, grappling hook, iron spikes, etc. Simple common items you might have in a backpack.

In fact, I didn't put this in the document, but I should have. EVERYONE starts with an Adventurer's Kit (5 items to be added as you pull them out) and a Backpack.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#16 Post by bobk2323 »

Here's a pic of Maeva...

...and her pipe:

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Return to “Nentir Vale Adventures (SFA/TD Hack)”