Hunt Or Be Hunted

Revenant
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Hunt Or Be Hunted

#261 Post by Darithe »

Mave

"I believe we may reach the Landing before night falls, if we do not tarry." She finishes her lunch and prepares to set out continuing their journey.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by The Bindoner »

Wilwayaisawén

Wilwarin waits until the farmer leaves before speaking again. She looks suspiciously at the envelope:

Zedamande knows I follow, and leaves a letter. I do not like this. If one of our companions can detect poisons or curses, we should do so before I touch it. Even then, I think one of the prisoners should open it. They can hold it while I read.

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#263 Post by tristenc »

Nis shakes her head, indicating she has no such magic prepared today

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#264 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik nods his head "Aye, walk er ride an talk along tha way er wait till we get indoors." he comments and then gets back to moving.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#265 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Wecome Sigismund. Thena says with a nod.

To Wilwarin: Tempus permits me to slow a poison should you come into contact with it but there is still a chance of great harm.... there may be antidote in the loot we carry but we won't that until we hit the town...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#266 Post by Revenant »

Stefan takes the gold coin and bows to Torvik, "Bless ya sir, most kind of you." He then starts to make his way back to his field.

After the farmer leaves, Wilwarin suspicious of the missive, asks for a spell before another handles it. Torvik having already taken the envelope would have likely already been exposed should poison or curse infect it, however, to be safe he cuts Mek's hand free and hands it to him. The prisoner sneers at you for exposing him too should such effects be in play. But he does as instructed and opens the letter and pulls the parchment from within, holding it up before Wilwarin, who notes it is written in elven and reads as follows:

To She Who Flowers From Her Own Wounds:
Butterfly, we must speak face to face. Seek the place at the Blind Scrivener's.
Speak to Ugarte there and ask for Zaella. He will tell you where to go then.
Know I do not have what you seek nor am I your enemy unless you make it so.
Z.

zagygthemad
Scout
Scout

#267 Post by zagygthemad »

Sigismund

"Thank you M'Lady, most kind of you all to offer a poor traveler your protection. he informs her.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#268 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Mave pointedly, does not read the note, figuring that if Wilwarin wanted us to know its contents, she will give us that information. Instead, she is caring for her horse and preparing for the journey. As she does this, she talks to Sigismund, "You mentioned you were doing a task for your mentor? What is his name, I may know of him?"

zagygthemad
Scout
Scout

#269 Post by zagygthemad »

Sigismund

"His name is Birahu the Black, a great wizard where he is."

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by The Bindoner »

Wilwayaisawén

Wilwarin takes the letter from Mek: So, you survive. I am almost disappointed.

Finding Mave:

Zedamande wants to talk, it seems. He writes of finding a place “at the Blind Scrivener’s", where a person named Ugarte is. Do you know anything of either?

He uses Zaella’s name as a password. I hope that means we may meet her again, or at least learn her fate.

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#271 Post by tristenc »

In the battle, when he, Esdra and the other one fled, he said something about it being "Time to visit the Scrivner", if i'm not mistaken... I don't like it. It feels like a trap. The strawberry blonde Elf muses.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#272 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Mave shakes her head smiling, "Sorry Sigismund, I've not heard of him, but I'm not exactly knowledgeable of great wizards and such. I've no head for the arcane."

When Wilwarin pulls her aside and asks about the place, "The Blind Scrivener's, yes I know this place. They offer scribe services, and I'm told, some other less savory services. It's on the east side of town, a rather unsafe area, especially at night. I don't know this Ugarte person," she then places her hand on Wilwarin's arm, "I pray this bodes well for Zaella's fate and you must promise me you won't go there alone."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"Absolutely not alone. We will have a plan and you will not be alone if you wish to meet with him."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#274 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik listening chimes in "Aye, got plenty o' us wit ya."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by The Bindoner »

Wilwayaisawén

Wilwarin looks embarrassed by the assurances of assistance:

Thank you, I will be glad to have your support. Though, I doubt that he will meet me if I arrive with everyone.

Return to “Nocturne (2e)”