OOC Discussion

Marullus
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Discussion

#241 Post by Marullus »

Ffilz, if you want to make a second character who is NOT a noble, in-service samurai with social obligations, feel free. (Or whatever else you like, but that does seem to be what you like most.) The next adventure will end up more traditionally adventurous. You can pick having be more free-wheeling samurai, a ronin, etc.

You retired Motoyuki and losing a player we're out Taka and also Daitaro (your samurai, shugenja, and archer).

You still have a Gakusho, a Sohei Bushi (in need of atonement for murder), and a ninja.

Do you want to invite Grognardsw and Rex to make PCs here, too?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#242 Post by ffilz »

Yea, let’s invite grogbsrdsw and Rex.

I’ll think about s 2nd character if they decline.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by jemmus »

Sorry for the delay, will post about Saizo's and Zenrin's training plans this evening. I need to quickly brush up on the training rules.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Marullus »

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Marullus »

ffilz wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:33 pm Are we on a 7 day week or a 10 day week... I think we keep forgetting that Bushido uses the Japanese 10 day week...
You're right - I was not using a 10-day week. But I said over here that I am using the Gregorian calendar reskinned. I will continue calling a week a week and when it matters it is seven days.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#246 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:43 pm
ffilz wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:33 pm Are we on a 7 day week or a 10 day week... I think we keep forgetting that Bushido uses the Japanese 10 day week...
You're right - I was not using a 10-day week. But I said over here that I am using the Gregorian calendar reskinned. I will continue calling a week a week and when it matters it is seven days.
Ok. I guess I didn’t absorb that… I suppose they makes training a bit faster…
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Rex »

I am visiting my Mom for her 88th birthday this weekend and will be off line. Back late Sunday or early Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by jemmus »

Marullus wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:10 pm Full disclosure: This "what's wrong with the Daimyo" section is supposed to commission you as investigators and let you take several game sessions at the game table to do lengthly investigation around the city with freeform RP until you collect all the clues. Examination with the Physician skill is supposed to be a Task that you struggle with for many days. Gathering evidence from the spiritual phenomena happens over many nights of watch duty with different tidbits granted.

Once you have all the clues, you get to go on an adventure. You just completed a sleuthing / social RP chapter and our play-by-post format is slower and doesn't work as well for it. You also asked to get back to a more traditional adventure type. I am just being upfront that I'm consolidating a lot here to get us to something you all have said would be more fun. :)
I thought the request for more action was just for my Bushido game. More actiony, less "recognizing that Haruto is samurai, the innkeeper serves him a special chanwanmushi egg custard with mushrooms and mountain herbs." :) That said, the upcoming adventure looks very fun.
PCs

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by Marullus »

Hey all,

You have all been very patient and I thank you. I'm afraid I really just can't keep up with posting for the games I'm GMing. I'm going to make the call and shut this one down.

Thanks for all the time and care you've put into it, and I hope you all enjoyed playing.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by Rex »

Thanks for letting us know.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by jemmus »

Understood, and thanks for GMing for us for two years. It was a vivid game, with a lot of immersive drama (especially during the bandits house and hag cave phase).
PCs

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#252 Post by ffilz »

Sad to see this one go, but totally understand. I keep teetering on the brink of shutting my games down, but as long as the players are patient with the progress so far, I'll keep them going.

Return to “Marullus' Bushido (FGU)”