OOC - Episode 6

SilverBen
SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

OOC - Episode 6

#1 Post by SilverBen »

For Mudlark only, unless other characters do not enter through the front gate in Episode 5
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC - Episode 6

#2 Post by SilverBen »

Urson wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:58 pm
Any suggestions for evidence Mudlark could sneak in and pilfer, or get caught up in traps, obstacles, or other challenging elements in Episode 5?
None is available yet
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by SilverBen »

Time: early afternoon
Turn 1 - Round 4

Urson wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:50 pm Mudlark slips off into the maze of side streets and alleys...

Mudlark's intent is to scout the area thoroughly, looking for climbable walls, shadowed spots where she can crouch and hide, spots where she can watch without being seen, etc. She won't hesitate to scramble onto roofs for this recon.
The stone wall appears to have plenty of easily accessible footholds for Mudlark. The wall is roughly constructed of large round stones stacked and cemented together at its top. In order to climb onto the roof, Mudlark must traverse several challenges...
  • discreetly climb the stone wall - Make a successful Climb Walls roll as a Level 1 Thief, 1d100 <= 87.
  • failure of the Climb Walls roll will result in a 1 round delay in meeting up with the party. Perhaps the stones weren't secured well enough or have come loose?
  • looking for climbable walls, shadowed spots where she can crouch and hide - Make a successful Hide In Shadows roll as a Level 1 Thief, 1d100 <= 10.
  • failure of the HIde In Shadows will result in you being spotted and 10% random chance alarms will sound. It's mid afternoon and there may be some passersby concerned by what appears to be a misbehaving young girl from the orphanage! They might scold Mudlark loudly and spoil her stealthy approach!
  • scramble onto roof - Make a successful Climb Walls roll as a Level 1 Thief, 1d100 <= 87.
  • failure of the Climb Walls roll will result in a 1 round delay in meeting up with the party. Mudlark can't seem to reach the roof yet, ...just a little closer - but whatever you do, don't fall Mudlark!
Mudlark definitely has the skills to climb up to the roof discreetly, but it might take time.

@Bob, please roll in sequence, label each roll to track it, and count the number of failures until success, which will be the cumulative sum of rounds Mudlark is delayed before she can reach the roof. This encounter begins in Round 4

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by SilverBen »

Medlark challenges Ep6.png
Medlark challenges Ep6.png (352.12 KiB) Viewed 616 times

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by SilverBen »

SilverBen wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:07 am ... and that;s my last post before sunset on Friday. Sorry it was so late but many good things delayed me. Hoping all of you have similar delays for all the right reasons. I plan to be back online tomorrow evening to follow up on your reply posts.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by SilverBen »

Sorry for thw delays in posting Bob, thank you for your patience. I have been dizzy with good things in June - graduations, school year ending for four kids, and camp beginning but it's stabalizing this week.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

Obviously, no problem here. I'm sorry, I don't have any good ideas for writing Mudlark out of the game. I'm glad Real Life has been positive for you recently.
FA FO

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by SilverBen »

I am struggling to find the time to write up posts to continue - each time i sit down I get pulled away again. Just assuring you I didn't intend to end the game or thread.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by SilverBen »

I read my threads out of order and now understand you are withdrawing from the game and RPGs. Wishing you good health, good luck, and many more blessings to celebrate!

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by sastaz »

As summer approaches I realize I'm sometimes bad at expressing my gratitude, so here goes. Thanks for a great adventure SilverBen, and for all the work you put in. I really enjoy that you managed to balance a sort of character- / story-driven approach to the game, while still keeping true to the spirit of D&D. Your campaign here has inspired me to think in new ways on what a D&D game really is and could be. So big thank you for everything you do for this community and all the inspiration you pour into it.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

I agree with sastaz (apparently a lot today), you run a great game Ben.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Darithe »

Mudlark (love the name), will be missed as will you Urson. :)

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by SilverBen »

My apologies, just getting back from an unexpectedly more hectic 4th of July vacation with poor or no internet connectivity. Several attempts to reply were distracted but making a concentrated effort now.

Return to “Light of Lost Souls (BX)”