OOC - Episode 3

SilverBen
SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC - Episode 3

#21 Post by SilverBen »

@Vince, on @Mattias's brief X-Files tangent, I just bought my mother her gift for mother's day, Holy Cow written by X-files actor, David Duchovny.

I only recently learned of it a few weeks ago on Passover while visiting a friend. I then noticed it was published almost 5-6 years ago while I have been oblivious to it. Just its summary on the cover and inside jacket made me laugh, leading me to feel obligated to buy it for my mother. I suggest you try it for yourself and consider it or something like it a gift, hoping it can also shorten your mother's recovery with a few laughs.

... and best wishes for her speedy recovery
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by SilverBen »

@Rob and @Vince, see the most recent post
SilverBen wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:08 am ...in Episode 3 - Round 5...
I assumed you wouldn't be available to post actions for Thrainel or Nesta by Tuesday, 4/25, but want to give you a chance, please do on Tuesday 4/25. If not, no worries, there will be no negative impacts. I'll plan to make a new post for Round 6 on Wednesday night, 4/26.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Urson »

About Holy Cow.
I scanned over the synopsis on Amazon. The idea of a Jewish pig cracked me up. :lol:
FA FO

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by redwarrior »

sastaz wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:26 pm What's a better time to rewatch all ten seasons of X-files, right? :)
Supernatural, as it turns out! :)

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by SilverBen »

My apologies for not posting sooner, planning on posting in a few hours or Sat night. Not my intent to slow the pace down

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by SilverBen »

sastaz wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:36 pm ... (Ben, getting herself in situations like this one is a result of her low WIS score - risky or impulsive decision making, we were discussing it before. :) Or that's how intended to play her, at least. She's very charismatic though so also a great lier.)

@Mattias, ok makes sense and will try to include opportunities to test her deceptive skills... thanks for the clarification.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by SilverBen »

So far, two of four objectives were to completed in Episode 3, which were 1) gain entry to the Civic Temple and 2) heal Gavanette from his internal injuries there.

The next steps for Episode 4 will be to 3) discover the contents of the backpack that the boy stole and 4) learn rumors.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by SilverBen »

@Rob, I know you mentioned Thrainel wants to examine the sextant,
OGRE MAGE wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:18 pm Nesta...

Once the group is united again, he addresses another concern. “Now let’s have a look in that backpack. I wish to inspect the quality of the sextant we recovered.”
But @Mattias posted...
sastaz wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:39 pm ...Intrigued by the use of the "library" word, she follows along with great anticipation. (She's still carrying the backpack in her one hand.)
I originally planned to close Episode 3 here but will extend it now... posting shortly.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by SilverBen »

If any players would like to bring in story hooks related to their character and the map, please make suggestions and discuss here in preparation for Episode 4. This is similar to the "known NPCs" where I invite players to help create a game you want with the character you want to play.

Consider the sunken shipwrecks and what might attract, entice, or motivate your character to seek them near the atoll depicted on the treasure map.

I have several generic story hooks prepared for different character classes, but there is nothing better than customizing it to your character concept to drive the narrative of the game. Please suggest and discuss below using the header Character Story Hooks to the Map at the top of the post.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by SilverBen »

Character Story Hooks to the Map
SilverBen wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:12 pm
@Mattias, did you want to explore this suggestion from earlier?...
sastaz wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:36 pm ... (Ben, getting herself in situations like this one is a result of her low WIS score - risky or impulsive decision making, we were discussing it before. :) Or that's how intended to play her, at least. She's very charismatic though so also a great lier.)

@Mattias, ok makes sense and will try to include opportunities to test her deceptive skills... thanks for the clarification.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#31 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rex »

Very nicely done OM.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by SilverBen »

@Rob
OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:07 pm You mean something like this?

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 32#p656632
OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:06 pm Nesta looks over the sextant carefully, noting all of its many movements and functions. He tries to determine where and by who it was made, looking for any obvious makers marks.

“And, I may know just the person who could help us with this map. A neighbor of mine, Siggard Snellson, in the Guildhouse District, is a former sea captain. I would be willing to bet that he knows where this atoll is. He might even be able to tell us how to get there as well.”

“I suggest we copy this map before returning the device.” [/dialog]

If there are no objections, Nesta will do so.
Perfect, yes, do you want Nesta to split from the party in a separate thread, or go to visit Siggard Snellson, in the Guildhouse District, as a larger group?

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by SilverBen »

@Mattias and @Rob, let's work out the next steps with a short, in character discussion led by Thorily and Nesta.

For all players, here are some possible exits from Episode 3
  • Remain in the Civic Temple, Follow Brother Mundi's invitation to the Library
  • Leave the Civic Temple, visit Nesta's known NPC, Siggard Snellson, in the Guildhouse District, a former sea captain
  • Remain in the Civic Temple, visit Ganavette during his convalescence

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rex »

Vatn is heading to the library, then would like to go to return the sextant after we have a copy of the map.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#36 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I think Nesta would agree to stick together for now, possibly copying the map while the priests talk in the library.

But if it works better to separate the groups, I am good with that approach as well.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rex »

I agree. If at all possible we should stick together.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by SilverBen »

closing thus thread and continuing in ooc chat for episode 4

Return to “Light of Lost Souls (BX)”