Player Character actual creation and sheet maintenance

Merctime
Tracker
Tracker

Player Character actual creation and sheet maintenance

#1 Post by Merctime »

For this game, being as it uses the very simple Labyrinth Lord rules, I believe that the Unseen Servant Dice Roller character sheet will be more than sufficient. Please use this thread to keep and maintain your character sheets.

I expect to roll all stats and starting gold for character creation. PM me with your desired class, and I'll PM you with your rolls. I will keep a set myself, and then we can co-ordinate here together to perform any adjustments you'd like to make. Starting Hit Points will be Maximum.

Let's talk stats: I know you want too :lol:

First, since we are using the Unseen Servant Dice Roller character sheets, we will actually use the order of statistics that that sheet uses instead of the order found in the Labyrinth Lord rules (and many of the newer editions). So, the stats go in the old school order:

STR, INT, WIS, DEX, CON, CHA. God, it feels good just to type that. 8-)

I will roll 3d6 in order. I will not force a really crappy character on you, though. Please remember that this is basic D&D and not Advanced or Osric. Stats give bonuses at 13+, this includes experience bonuses for prime requisities. There is no need to try for at least a 15 in every stat (and that is something that I find tiresome to see on every character sheet as a DM).

Once I've rolled stats that are satisfactory (read: They aren't all under 11 or something), I'll send them to you, and you can arrange them to taste in any order you desire. After that, points may be moved on a 2 for 1 basis with a few caveats. No points may be deducted from a prime requisite, no stat may be deducted to a value below 8, and 2 full points must be deducted to gain one point somewhere.

For starting first level Hit Points, I've decided to say to heck with it and award the maximum. However, upon level up, each player will roll Hit Dice as normal. if the first Hit Point roll is a 1, a re-roll will be allowed. If that second roll is also a 1, that's the Hit point gain for that level.

I will roll starting gold pieces and notify you via PM or in your character sheet post. As a reminder, Labyrinth lord is a bit more generous with starting GP for characters: 3d8X10 to start. You lucky buggers :lol:

If we have a thief player (and I certainly hope we do! Uhm... Let me remain quiet... :oops: ) Or, more than one, I will ask if those players wish to make use of Dyson Logos' alternate 2d6 thief skill resolution tables. If the decision is unanimous, then this game will make use of 2d6 thief skill resolution for the duration. As a note, I think it's quite a cool idea, and really don't mind either way on what you guys decide to do regarding this. It's really up to you. If you aren't familiar with what I'm talking about, the 2d6 thief skill resolution table is located at his blog, here:

http://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/2009 ... s-dragons/

Also note that 'Hear Noise' is still resolved with a single d6.

That's pretty much all I can think of for the moment. Please post or PM with any further questions.

Return to “The Haunted keep-B/X or Labrynth Lord”