IC - UtVoV - Chapter 2

tibbius
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC - UtVoV - Chapter 2

#41 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret replies, "One of each, cut into three pieces, so as to encourage sharing. Thank you." They narrowcast to Chones, "She may be less likely to do something unpleasant to the sandwich if she doesn't know which one is yours."

As they settle in, Foulqueret says to the New Sheep, "We're glad to hear that you are friends of Kiddaw. As it happens, our need to speak with him related to his social and professional connections with certain friends. Perhaps we can have a more fruitful and amicable conversation with yourselves."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by tibbius »

Pulpatoon wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:02 pm Foulqueret replies, "One of each, cut into three pieces, so as to encourage sharing. Thank you." They narrowcast to Chones, "She may be less likely to do something unpleasant to the sandwich if she doesn't know which one is yours."

As they settle in, Foulqueret says to the New Sheep, "We're glad to hear that you are friends of Kiddaw. As it happens, our need to speak with him related to his social and professional connections with certain friends. Perhaps we can have a more fruitful and amicable conversation with yourselves."
Chones notices that there still is a bullet hole in the glass of the trophy case that stands across from the formica table where you are seated. Also one of the stains on the nearby carpet looks more recent (darker) than the others.

"It's a power move, coming back here," comments the cacogen woman. "Who do you think you are?"
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Urson »

Chones
Lizard, I think. And condiments on the side, please.

To the cacogen: I think we're a couple of saps who got elected to stir things up while the real action happens somewhere else. He grins, but his tone is serious.
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by tibbius »

"Well, you were involved with two of our friends getting hurt pretty bad, and Kiddaw gone missing, so ... you sure have stirred things up," drawls the cacogen. She grimaces. "Still don't understand why you've come back here, didn't you get enough trouble the first time?"
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret: "It isn't trouble we're after. It's... well, as my comrade so rightly points out, we may be a pair of patsies who were set up to execute an entropic cascade, if you catch my drift. But one way or another, we need to find..." they lower the volume of their voice to not carry past the table, "Some very specific Friends of Kiddaw. And, um, of Jak."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by tibbius »

There's a pause. It passes beyond a breath in duration, into awkwardness. During it, the cacogen looks at the new sheep, who tilts his head at her. Then they both look hard at the two of you.

"We don't have nothing to do with those," the new sheep says firmly. "Why you lookin' for them?" Then, a brief bleat of outrage. "What you saying? Kiddaw is messed up with them?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Under the Vaults of Vaarn (UtVoV)”