Chp. 1: The Adventure Begins.....

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Adventure Begins.....

#461 Post by Grognardsw »

The Vulgar Unicorn Tavern / The Keep

Ramrod Queerstaff glowers at Wulfhart as the fighter tries to avoid a brawl with words. The barbarian looks Wulfhart over, eyes his companions sitting around the table, considers the odds, and slowly turns his back to leave. You see tatoos on his back - floral patterns surrounding a fist holding a large headed staff.

But then Eli taunts the big man, and with surprising quickness Ramrod swings around with a right hook at the elf. 

Actions and Initiative Roll!
Campaign ID 140 - link your characters and roll away! I'm not bothering with private threads at the moment for the split party.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by Grognardsw »

Selling Swords

As fist-a-cuffs break out at the Vulgar Unicorn,  Boddin's hands are full with six shorts swords. He walks down and around a few corners to reach the Keep's blacksmith / armory shop. The walk is pleasant, for the halfing doesn't feel he has to watch out for his life like in the woods.

"Where'd you get these stickers?" questions Torac Tumbleforge, the blacksmith, in response to the halfing's offer of sale.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#463 Post by Zhym »

"Well, sir," Boddin answers, "we obtained these weapons from some goblins who tried to stick us with them. And now we're sort of stuck with them. I can assure you as a former object of these objects' utility that these swords are in fact quite effective at cutting things open. A bit too much so in my opinion, if you take my meaning!"

The-Dungeon-Shaker
Tracker
Tracker

#464 Post by The-Dungeon-Shaker »

-Wulfhart Asgeirsson, Vulgar Unicorn

The tall fighter sighs.

"Please calm down, both of you. I just want to quench my thirst in peace, is that so hard to grasp?"

He then tries to push Ramrod away, still with no intention to harm him directly.

initiative: [1d6-1] = 5-1 = 4

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#465 Post by jdluna »

I was helping Fingal to find some healing, where are we now?

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#466 Post by NJWilliam »

Brother Bayard

Bayard solemnly but hastefully approaches Father Caeric near the altar.
"Father, our friend here, Fingal, was attacked by a giant flying bug in the forest near here.
"The insect stuck him and died right after of its own accord.
"My prayers for healing have staved off the effects, but not cured the wound.
"Do you know of these bugs and how we might heal this malady?"
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by wolfpack »

dancing around Eli practices his old fashioned boxing techniques which includes a swift kick to the groin and poke to the eyes.

i am assuming he is not using a weapon just his fists

[1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by Grognardsw »

Chapel of St. Cuthbert - Bayard, Luna, Fingal

Albertus the cleric makes use of the wash basin in his inn room, rests a bit, then heads for the Keep's church, the Chapel of St. Cuthbert.  Where, at that moment, Brother Bayard, Luna the elf and Fingal the rogue are talking with Father Caeric.

"Well, I may be able to tell by looking at the wound," says the old chaplain, his eyes bleary and his face ruddy. As Caeric gets close to Fingal, the thief smells alchohol on the cleric's breath. "Hmmph, seems healed well enough, but there is still some swelling. Feels like something's in there."

"Johann, to me!" says Father Caeric loudly to a curtain behind the alter. A younger looking priest, half-elven by his looks, comes out. "Son, fetch a basin, clean water, and the healing tools."

Soon Father Caeric has a scalpel in hand. Fingal winces as the cleric digs around, then heals the cut on the spot with a quick prayer and laying of hands. "Yes, there's some eggs and one hatched larvae in there, feeding on you. It's good you came to me in time, for tomorrow you would be dead."

"You have a donation to make to the church?"

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by Grognardsw »

The Vulgar Unicorn / The Keep - Eli, Wulfhart, Niles, Foracor

"Please calm down, both of you--"

SLAM! Ramrod Queerstaff's punch connects with Eli's jaw, rattling the elf for 3 HP of damage. Wulfhart tries to remain calm, but his words fall on deaf ears.

Eli staggers back, recovers a bit and kicks at Ramrod's loin-covered groin. The barbarian bats the leg away with ease.

Wulfhart jumps into the fray trying to push Ramrod back and away. But burly Queerstaff shoves the northern fighter aside. 

Eli and Wulfhart see a look of savage glee on the barbarian's face as he prepares to let fly a left uppercut.

Foracor and Niles step up to join the brawl.

Initiative for round two and actions!

I spoiler my rolls:
Initiative - 5 simultaneous to players. No initiative modifier on Wulfhart's roll as its a group initiative, so it's a 5 - http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... e&id=18455
I'm doing this on ipad with no books, so making unarmed combat real simple. Punch does 1d2 plus Str. modifier, is non-fatal damage. I can only paste URL links, not macros, on ipad.
Ramrod to hit Eli - 14 - hit - http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... e&id=18456
Ramrod punch damage - 3 HP - http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... e&id=18457
Wulfhart to hit - 9 a miss   - http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... e&id=18458
I rolled for Wulfhart as he didn't include his roll in the stated action. In future include to hit and dame rolls with stated actions.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by Grognardsw »

Armory - Boddin the hobbit

"Ah, really?," says Torac, seeming surprised. "Seen some action then in the Borderlands? Seems there's been a lot of that lately." Then adds with a wink: "Good for business."

He examines the short swords. "Six gold pieces each."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by Zhym »

Boddin, not much of a haggler, says, "That seems a fair price to me. Agreed!"

When the exchange is complete, he bids the merchant farewell and good business and strolls back to the tavern doing math in his head. "Let's see, 10 copper, 20 silver, 10 gold plus 36 gold for 46 gold, plus a 5gp buckle if anyone is interested. That's 53.1, divided one two three ... what, seven ways? That's 7 gold, 5 silver, 8 copper each if we can get change, assuming someone wants the buckle instead of 5gp. Not bad, but I'm going to have to go 'adventuring' again if I want to sample more than a handful of brews." He sighs heavily at this realization.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#472 Post by wolfpack »

Snarling Eli strikes back with a swift chop to the big mans throat

[1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19

damage
[1d2+1] = 1+1 = 2

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#473 Post by NJWilliam »

Brother Bayard - Chapel of St. Cuthbert

Bayard watches intently as Father Caeric cares for Fingal's malady, he expects this knowledge may be necessary again and very soon.

"Father, my thanks! Having just returned our other companions are negotiating the sale of some of the spoils of our short venture out and possibly a reward; we will then have some funds for the chapel. Is there any other way we may be of service?"
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by Zhym »

Fingal's character sheet says he has 82 GP. Is that correct? If so, he's richer than the rest of the party put together. Just saying. ;)

The-Dungeon-Shaker
Tracker
Tracker

#475 Post by The-Dungeon-Shaker »

-Wulfhart Asgeirrson, The Vulgar Unicorn-

"As much as I love a good fight, this one is not mine."

Slightly ashamed by his failed move, Wulfhart backs off and looks around to see if there's some sort of guard in the tavern, in order to ask for help.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chp. 1: The Adventure Begins.....

#476 Post by Grognardsw »

Hi All, the action will continue on a new thread, Chp. 2: The Adventure Continues..., at viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1906

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”