(12) The Deep

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: (12) The Deep

#21 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Deep looks at Kain's final statement with feigned confusion. "Hey, whatsh that shupposhed to mean?" His huge fish eyes dart back and forth uncomfortably for a moment before he expresses what you think might be a smile across his fishy lips.

"Jusht kiddin, of coursh. I'tsh pretty obvioush I havent been eagerly accshepted here in Xshambaala sincsh the onshet of my horrible cursh. I dont shupposh any of you know how to reversh shusch thingsh, eh?"

"Anywaysh, ambergrish ish ushually found along the shoresh of the shea. I dont shee well at nightsh anymore, and I dont ushually go out in the shunlight, shoo I dont get a chancsh to shearch for it musch anymore."

"If you can find shum, that'd be fantashtick."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

"Curse? What curse? Did someone bestow this...condition upon you? Who were you before and what happened?"
Ceana walks a little closer to the fish-man. She keeps one hand on the hilt of her falcata as she approaches.
Winter is coming...

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Urson »

Maxon
Maxon stays quiet. He has the 75 gp counted out, and continues waiting for the negotiations to finish.
FA FO

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxarthos

"Unfortunately, I do not have a way to remove a curse. At least not now. As for the ambergris, I'll keep an eye out for you."

Kain is as interested as Ceana in his answer, leaning in a bit to discover the mystery.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#25 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The fishman does not seem interested in negotiating further for the antidote, holding his scaly hand out to Maxon and his coins.

When Ceana approaches, The Deep seems content to answer her questions.

"I'm shtill me, but I didnt ushed to look like thish. Shome time ago I wash shailing out on the shea when shomthing really shtrange happened. A huge wave shuddenly appeared that capshized our vesshle, shending all of ush into the churning watersh. I dont remember everything that happened nextsh, but shomehow, I could breath under the wavesh, like shome kind of fish er shomething. I schwam and schwam, diving deeper than any man hash ever schwum before. There wash a shtrange bright light in the deep that got brighter and brighter ash I closhed in on it. Then a big fish came by and schwallowed me whole before I got to the bottom."

"Allsh I remember afterwardsh ish crawling out of the shea, right here at the shoresh of Xshambaala, where I have lived ever shincsh."

"I cant shell thish shtuff for any lessh than I already offered, sho you will have to take it or leave it."

"If you do find some ambergrish, I will trade you even up."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Urson »

Maxon
Maxon grumbles under his breath, but passes over the coins. If we find ambergris- or other sea-related things- will you buy them from us for a reasonable price?

Whatever Deep's answer, Maxon will take the vial, wrap it in a rag for extra padding, and stow it in his pack.
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The fishy looking man nods his huge head at Maxon.

"Of coursh I will. Thatsh exshactly what I do here."

He looks back and forth at the trio.

"Need anyshing elshe?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Kainaxartos

"Where did you used to sail? I mean, where did the shipwreck happen? Did you get too close to the edge?"

Kain remembers the sea around where we grew up and how navigation was difficult.

He listens and engages, but is interested in heading out as soon as they can. He feels the empty pockets of Maxon as if they were his own. Which they kinda are.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#29 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:50 pm "Did you get too close to the edge?"
The Deep looks at Kian again, knowingly. "We shertainly tried. We went in shursch of the rumored obelishksh at the edgesh of the world. Shetting shail from Port Schangerios, hoping to eventshually crosh the River Oscheanoush, but we were unshuckshesshful in our folly. Our captain lacked the knowledge of the currentsh and were were eventually shucked below the shurfacshe of the shea."

"That wash many yearsh ago, however."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by hedgeknight »

Ceana

The druid listens to all of this fishy talk, but isn't really paying attention to the...person(?) talking. She keeps her eyes flicking to the shadows, edging back toward the door, eager to leave.
Winter is coming...

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Urson »

Maxon
Maxon has been listening, hoping there might be some useful information in what Deep had to say.
If there's nothing else, we should be going...
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#32 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sensing his customers are ready to depart, The Deep wishes them well.

"Thanksh for shtopping by. If you ever find shome ambergrish, shtop back and shell it to me. I jusht love that schit."

You can decide where to go next here, or simply post in the appropriate thread, if it already exists.

If you wanted to head back to the Bazaar, we could have everyone in the game meet up there, in case you wanted to recruit any of the others. We should have a couple more characters popping in fairly soon.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Heading back out to the Bazaar would work. I'm interested in exploring the mausoleum, of course.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#34 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Okay then......

Let's stop off at the Bazaar and have a quick meet and greet with the other PC's.

I know at least a couple of players expressed interest in switching groups, and we have 2 new players about to join with one group or the other, so this could all be done right there. viewtopic.php?p=634341#p634341

Thanks!

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”