The God Conscience (Bartholomew Silva)

Grognardsw
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The God Conscience (Bartholomew Silva)

#261 Post by Grognardsw »

Exploration of an office building may be tedious, so if you like I’ll contract this down to the essential rooms which would be discovered eventually.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Grognardsw wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:25 am
Exploration of an office building may be tedious, so if you like I’ll contract this down to the essential rooms which would be discovered eventually.
Sounds good

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by Grognardsw »

Background
Sorry for the delay. While I have story points and conclusion in my head, I’ve lacked the energy to continue given increases in RL and work commitments. :) I need to cut back considerably. So here I’m going to summarize what happened. Thank you for playing so skillfully. This was the most in depth and investigative science fiction game I’ve played and was very stimulating.
Bartholomew and Cyxeria searched the building and successfully hacked the IT system. They gained valuable data regarding corporate ownerships; their illegal Shift production and distribution; installed spyware; and initiated a long term virus.

Beyond the central server office was a lab that revealed Xathos Epiphany kultists were having tech implants put in the back of their necks. Bartholomew recalled from his Shift experience that the woman touched the back of her neck (see that post arc). Only kultists of a certain rank received these implants. The implants allowed telepathic communication with other implantees, and possibly a more sinister purpose of mind suggestion or even control.

The Syncretic mole spy inside the compound was discovered. A confrontation with guards followed, a frantic firefight chase to the wall where a hover van met Bartholomew and Cyxeria. A further sky chase with the agents escaping by a jump booth in the van, seconds before it was blown up.

The Syncretic Order provided the incriminating corporate and Shift information to the authorities. Convictions and lawsuits followed. The Xathos Epiphany was broken.

The Syncretic Order privately investigated the implant technology, ultimately tracing it to certain corporate combines. (Here it crossed with those same entities in The Genetics of Profit storyline, coming together in an action-adventure mission to expose their evil machinations of galactic corporate domination and planets ownership.)

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Thank you

I'd assumed something had happened with the long silence.

Good luck with RL. Its interference with fun is always to be lamented.

Return to “X Minus One (Gamma World 2e)”