DM Feedback

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: DM Feedback

#21 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:If you have any questions, Google is a great resource.
I'm definitely a "try first, ask questions second" type person, but will welcome any "quickstart" tips from fellow players if they have any.
Zhym wrote:BTW, you can set your security setting back where it was after the first time you've launched the app, and I'd recommend doing so.
Already done, and verified it still works. ;)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Zhym »

My experience has been using pre-made maps as backgrounds and layering on top of that. I've never used it to draw maps from scratch. Be sure to let me know how that goes. The last map I made by drawing it in OmniGraffle, exporting it to an image, and using that as a background. I'm guessing that's not the usual workflow. :)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by tooleychris »

There are a host of graphic files on rptools site, cartographer's guild, and Dundjinni as far as items to use in maps.
Things such as player /monster tokens or items can be directly dragged onto a map or blank canvas from any other window on your computer.
There are many options on maptools you may not use and don't need to know right away.
Just keep in mind the layer your placing pics on. "Background, token, object, ect. Right clicking these objects once they are on your map bring up some options as well.
There are also tile files for placing whole dungeon areas that can be placed interconnecting in the "default /tiles" section.
Ugh. I'm probably not helping. Play around a bit. I'm pretty proficient with maptools if you have a specific question.

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”