Characters - UtVoV

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Characters - UtVoV

#1 Post by tibbius »

Here - let's post our characters.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Characters - UtVoV

#2 Post by Pulpatoon »

Foulqueret, Synth
A diminutive construction resembling an ablegate's brooch, with a short prism-body that shifts through rich jewel-tones, a stellate head, and delicate limbs as light and tentative as a beetle's feelers. Foulqueret was designed for the expression of art—a performer of the now little-regarded medium of magnetic counterfold ecdysis. But this little synth has no time for such diversions since they were granted an ecstatic revelation: it is for them to awaken the Titans of Old.

STR +2 (12)
DEX +3 (13)
CON +2 (12)
INT +1 (11)
PSY +3 (13)
EGO +2 (12)

Hit Points: 6
Armor +4 (14)

Synthetic flesh. Do not suffer organic weaknesses. Double damage from electrical weapons.
Synthetic mind. Vulnerable to certain attacks.
Gift: Healing mutation

Inventory
  1. Quicksilver revolver. Medium (2 slots, d8 damage)
  2. "
  3. Light Armor (2 slots, Armor 12)
  4. "
  5. Helm (+1 Armor)
  6. Shield (+1 Armor)
  7. Skin of wine
  8. Autoglot Translator
  9. Agonizer. Silver needle that causes unbearable pain to organic creatures without leaving a mark.
  10. Coinpurse: 5 scraps
Foulqueret.png
Foulqueret.png (268.87 KiB) Viewed 543 times
Last edited by Pulpatoon on Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Urson »

I think I did everything right. If there are mistakes, let me know and I'll fix them.

FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by tibbius »

Urson wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:03 am I think I did everything right. If there are mistakes, let me know and I'll fix them.
I think this looks fine.

And I like your current sig. "Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything" is terrific wisdom.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Urson »

I thought so, too. I saw it on a sign in an ice cream shop.
FA FO

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Pulpatoon »

"And the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls..."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by tibbius »

Pulpatoon wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:32 pm "And the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls..."
Not for nothing, your character art is terrific. Did you build the character around the art, or make the art for the character?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Pulpatoon »

Thanks! I drew the character based on what the tables give me. The reason I wanted to play this character was because I was interested in drawing him!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by tibbius »

Pulpatoon wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:42 pm Thanks! I drew the character based on what the tables give me. The reason I wanted to play this character was because I was interested in drawing him!
So ... ok ... the Mummy's Sabbatical rocks and will be a distraction for me until I finish reading up to current page ...
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Pulpatoon »

Aw, thanks! I hope to have a chance to get back to it, some day.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Urson »

Pulpatoon- for whatever reason, I can't help but picture your character as Agatha Heterodyne's pocket watch clank.

https://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic. ... e=20021104 (the link to the very beginning of the webcomic.)
sciencepc1.jpg
sciencepc1.jpg (32.95 KiB) Viewed 500 times
FA FO

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Pulpatoon »

AAh! I remember Foglio's strip in the back of Dragon magazine, back in the old, old days. Was it "What's New with Phil and Dixie"?

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Urson »

Yup. And most months, there was a nod to the "Sex in D&D" running joke.
FA FO

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Pulpatoon »

It is a marker of how young I was at the time that I was genuinely frustrated that they kept putting off the Sex in D&D strip.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by tibbius »

Urson wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:03 am I think I did everything right. If there are mistakes, let me know and I'll fix them.
Is Chone's "gift" his sense of smell?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Urson »

I rolled 2 Mutations for Chones: Devil's Horns and Heightened Smell. His "gift" is Mind Control, triggered by a rare and exotic drug (so I probably won't use it often).
FA FO

Return to “Under the Vaults of Vaarn (UtVoV)”