Leitz Character Notes (Angelo)

BackworldTraveller
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Leitz Character Notes (Angelo)

#61 Post by Leitz »

That doesn't seem like a task suitable to the time allotted, would you agree? Or do I misunderstand the schedule?

So far it seems that Shoyebe would turn down the initial deal given his 12+ required roll to choose millions over the child. In this case it might be better to share the data with other interested and capable parties, and later let someone high enough in Shoyebe's chain of command know that the profit could have been all theirs if their boy had company interests at heart. Does Angelo know someone like that now, or is it a research task?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Leitz wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:18 am That doesn't seem like a task suitable to the time allotted, would you agree? Or do I misunderstand the schedule?

So far it seems that Shoyebe would turn down the initial deal given his 12+ required roll to choose millions over the child. In this case it might be better to share the data with other interested and capable parties, and later let someone high enough in Shoyebe's chain of command know that the profit could have been all theirs if their boy had company interests at heart. Does Angelo know someone like that now, or is it a research task?
Straight broker roll to think of an appropriate party and check that they are in.

The principle was good for Shoyebe - the short timescale meant you had little time for preparation, recon, arm-twisting, etc. And you've got a number of angles/wedges on Shoyebe that you didn't have before.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Besides, the hero wins and live happily ever after in act 5, scene 5!

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Unless it's a tragedy

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Leitz »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:42 pm Besides, the hero wins and live happily ever after in act 5, scene 5!
That's part of my dissonance, I think. I've long wondered what happens when the hero of the story gets the girl and the riches in act 2, scene 1. What is life like when you win? What character traits show up when you're not scrabbling for coppers/credits?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Leitz wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:58 am
BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:42 pm Besides, the hero wins and live happily ever after in act 5, scene 5!
That's part of my dissonance, I think. I've long wondered what happens when the hero of the story gets the girl and the riches in act 2, scene 1. What is life like when you win? What character traits show up when you're not scrabbling for coppers/credits?
One thing about riches seems to be that your measure of rich moves (SOC advances) so financially you're never really secure. When I was young, the local branch of alcoholics anonymous met in the building we used for badminton. About 2/3rds the members were bored, but very rich people.
also, Money = Power. Power attracts rivals and enemies. Just bear in mind that your assets don't put you in the ultra-rich category. Above most, sure, but not actually all that far up the food chain.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Leitz »

Still processing this, and I'm just not sure. The set-up is good and the challenges are relevant. What's killing it for me is that I'm moving to a new phase in my real life work and in my writing. For the former I need to delve deep into the topic and mentor, and for the latter I get to be a businessman, not just play one. When I get a chance to game, I just want to tell a story, or be immersed in one. Angelo is a thinking character, and I haven't had much of that needed for real life. That's changing, and it's going to wear me out.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by BackworldTraveller »

No problem. There is no rush and real-life death by overthinking is best avoided.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Leitz »

Naturally, shortly after I posted the above, an idea came to me that needs some thinking. It may be a solution, I'll toss it around in my head and let you know what I come up with.

Return to “A new Heaven? A new Earth (Traveller)”